Meckenheim (Rhine country)
|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||North Rhine-Westphalia|
|circle:||Rhine victory circle|
|surface:||34.92 km ²|
|inhabitants:||25.400 (31. December 2004)|
|Population density:||727 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||180 m and. NN|
|postal zip codes:||53340 and 53333 (city administration)|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 50° 38 ' n. Break, 7° 01 ' o. L.50° 38 ' n. Break, 7° 01 ' o. L.
|municipality key:||05 3 82 032|
|city arrangement:||Town center (so-called. “Alto Meckenheim”) and four further quarters|
of the city administration:
|City Meckenheim 53333Meckenheim|
|Bürgermeisterin:||Dr. Yvonne Kempen (CDU)|
Table of contents
ThoseCity carries the surnames „for apple city “, „tree school city “, „Bonn dormitory suburb “(in and the eighties seventies many federal officials took their domicile in the rural-calm Meckenheim) and „the green gate to Ahr and the Eifel “.
The additional designation „rose city “was introduced from the Bürgermeisterin in the autonomous designation procedure 2003 and ofthe urban population with grimmigen humor taken up, since in Meckenheim themselves roses were never bred or cultivated. On a small hill in the midst of a roundabout plant to the Giermaarstrasse stands a representative rose from wrought steel, which is very differently evaluated by the urban population for geschmacklich aesthetic reasons.
The environmentthe city is coined/shaped through extensive fruit plan days. Admits is the city outside of its very next Umkreises by the 1981 branch of the Federal Criminal Investigation Office shifted from Bonn Bad Godesberg here and by „the Grafschafter gold juice “, to one as bread upstroke used dark-brown, viscous, extremely sweet syrup, inMeckenheim is made and won of sugar beets, which are cultivated in the environment of the city. In addition, strawberries and apples are an important restaurant factor - so importantly that the Meckenheimer Bürgermeisterin in the year 2004 the city to „the apple city “and that year to „the year of theApple “proclaimed.
The Eifel, which in-loads all year round for moving, begins about 10 kilometers to the west of Meckenheim.
- Rhine brook
- being awake mountain
- county, already convenient in the Rhineland-Palatinian district Ahrweiler
the environment of Meckenheim was settled already approximately around 4000 before Christ.
Over about450 immigrated Franconias to the area of the today's Meckenheim. Frankish place names end frequently up - to home and/or. up - village.
The first documentary mention Meckenheims is dated on the year 853.
Between 1794 and 1815 the territorial affiliation of the city changed twice: First the Rhine country was annektiert by France, whereby Meckenheim belonged to the French state; 1815 fell the Rhine country and thus also the city Meckenheim then Prussia back.
A disaster large for Meckenheim were the bomb attacks to 2. and 5. March 1945: 70% of the town centre were destroyed thereby.
the inhabitant development in the last 35 years:
- 1969 - 8,053
- 1979 - 15,615
- 1989 - 22,272
- 1998 - 25,430
- 1999 - 25,538
- 2000 - 25,319
- 2001 - 25,440
- 2002 - 25,438
- 2003 - 25,469
- 2004 - 25,400
(starting from 1998 in each case to 31. Decembers)
the 40 seats in the town councillor distribute themselves as follows:
economics and infrastructure
- within the city run short stages of the motorways A 61 and A 565.
- Along the Voreifelbahn RB 23 (bath the cathedral Eifel - Euskirchen - Bonn) the stations Meckenheim in the city (Bz lie. Cologne) and Kottenforst as well as the critical point Meckenheim industrial estate.
- Rungis express: acts with fresh commodity for those“elevated catering trade”.
- TeeGschwendner (center in Meckenheim): largest Franchise enterprise for dte in Germany.
- The Grafschafter herb factory produced annually among other things 12500 tons sugar beet syrup, that supraregional admitted Grafschafter gold juice.
- The meat yard Rasting (EDEKA Eigenmarke) supplies Germany far meat and Wurstwaren to the EDEKA markets.
- EUBOS GmbH: Manufacturer of Kosmetikartikeln(Soap, skin creams etc.)
- Meckenheimer city newspaper (expenditure for restaurant of “view up-to-date”) - homeland newspaper for the city Meckenheim and environment (contain that in former times as independent publication Official Journal of the city Meckenheim appeared)
- Federal Criminal Investigation Office, agency Bonn (beside the head office Wiesbadenand agency Berlin)
- youth centre (JuZe)
- general-purpose sport resounding at the training and sports center filter mountain ring
- resounding swimming pool (since 7. March 2006 because of roof damage closed; gained for a long time an annual deficit of 600.000 to 700,000 euro)
Meckenheim offers for a city of approx. 25000Inhabitants in Germany usual school forms on:
- Konrad Adenauer High School
- Theodor Heuss six-form high school
- brothers and sisters Scholl hauptschule
- 3 catholic, 1 Evangelist and 1 community primary school
the three resuming schools are in direct proximity to each other in the training and sports center filter mountain ring.
of sons and daughters of the city
- Mathias JosephScheeben
- Norbert rotting gene MdB; since spring 2005 first parliamentary managing director of the CDU/CSU Parliamentary Group (* 2. Refuge charcoal burner, Federal President (
1977-1981 as well as 1983-1998) stands for July 1965 in Meckenheim)
- [work on] further personalities, those with the city in connection
- Karl Carstens, ehem. Federal President
- Tim Lobinger, repeated German staff high jump master (first German 6-Meter-Stabhochspringer)
- Jürgen strong, vice-president of the German Federal Bank (domicile in Meckenheim 1981-2001)
- Meckenheimer TuS (MTuS) (1. Crew z.Zt. 2.Regionalliga) (homepage)
- VfL Meckenheim 1920 (1. Crew z.Zt. National league central Rhine)(Homepage)
- Sports association red white Merl
- sports club old person village village
- Meckenheimer TuS (MTuS)
- Model flight association Meckenheim registered association. (MCM)
- Meckenheimer TuS (MTuS)
- TST Merl
ways of their origin outMeckenheim led the family of the Bocholter Kupferstechers Israhel van Meckenem their down-German name (transfer into the new high German thus from Meckenheim).
- pc. Johannes of the Täufer, Meckenheim
tower around 1300; Church ship of 1890, extends 1974
- “Merler cathedral”
chapelof 1900 at the place of an earlier chapel from that 16. Century
- pc. Michael, Merl
- pc. Petrus, Lüftelberg
builds approx. 11.-13. Century
- pc. Jakobus the older one, Ersdorf
builds for 1877
- Christ church
builds for 1960 (district 1 - alto Meckenheim)
builds 1977(District 2 - Merl)
- peace church
builds 1989 (for district 3 - new center)
Web on the left of
Alfter | Bath Honnef | Fount home | Eitorf | Hennef (victory) | King winter | Lohmar | Meckenheim | Much | Niederkassel | Neunkirchen Seelscheid | Rhine brook | Ruppichteroth | Sank Augustin | Victory castle | Swisttal | Troisdorf | Being awake mountain | Wind-hit a corner