|This article or section requires a revision. Details are indicated on the discussion side. Please to improve it and removes afterwards this marking helps.|
Medical technology (Swiss: Medizinaltechnik) is the subrange of the technology, which in the medicine one uses. It coversappropriate basic, advance, and clinical research of the universities, as well as the industry of the same name in the processing trade. For the demarcation the German medicine product law can serve: Medical technology produces devices, products and technical procedures, which medicine products are. This definition reaches from simple dressing materials to medical major items of equipment and completePlants. Characteristic is more highly research - and developping costs, intensive national regimentation, and a close teeth of products and services.
Germany is to the USA and Japan a world-wide third biggest producer of medical technology. In the year 2002 medical technology for 73 became billion in the USA€ produced, in Japan for 15 billion €, in Germany for 13 billion €. The subrange grew in the last years twice as fast like the total sector (inflation-adjusted 50% 1995 - 2002). It is overallally economic marginal nevertheless. Conversions and occupation make in Germany only2% of the industriellen of sector out; there is approx. 108,000 employees employs. Most enterprises are small and centralconstant enterprises with on the average 78 employees.
For planning, and for the selling of medical-technical products several career profiles have themselves development, maintenance (in Germany among other things that nationallyexamined technicians, field medical technology and the Dipl. - engineer for medical technology) developed.
Table of contents
demarcation of the terms medical technology and medicine product
although medicine-technical plantsand devices always also medicine products are, apply the reverse acceptance not. Medicine-technical plants and devices serve for to the therapy or diagnostics at the human body. Plants such as Sterilisatoren, cleaning and disinfection automat, hospital beds are as medicine products classified belong however, at least in hospitals to the operating technology. Also a mark products such as mouth spatulas,Dressing materials and syringes are medicine products however no medical technology. In hospitals here usually the hospital pharmacy or the purchase is responsible.
important product groups
goods listing of the federal office for statistics, similarly the standard internationally trade Classification SITC
- of X-raying and radiotherapy devices
- other electrical diagnose units and - systems, e.g. Endoskopie, Ultrasonic etc.
- Therapy devices such as UV emitter, dialysis devices etc.
- Surgical technology: Instruments, seam material, syringe, Kanülen etc.
- Implants and prostheses
- orthopedic assistance, Orthesen, wheelchairs
- of hearing aids
- of devices for opticians and Optiker, contact contacts, eyeglasses
- dental materials, devices and systems
- dressing materials, textiles, cotton wool, gloves
- of devices for hospitalsand practices such as gypsum shears, Dentalstühle, operation tables, beds
- services for the installation, training and maintenance
medicine-technical research scientific-technical basic research can be, which promises possible applicability in the medicine. It knows itself also over dedicates medicine-technical basic research to act, over advance research with clear product purchase oraround technical product development.
The enterprise landscape is extremely heterogeneous (between 1 and 10,000 coworkers, F&E budgets between 0 and 50% of the conversion). Altogether the medical technology is however a subrange with above average high research portion. The industry-average share of the cost for research and development is approx. 9.5% ofConversion; 14.7% of the persons employed are searchingly active (2001). German enterprises hold the second highest number at relevant patents (after US-American companies) and make 50% of its conversion with products, which are less than two years long on the market.
There contents of the industriellenResearch are secret, predominantly refer official statistics to the public sector in universities and institutes (Fraunhofer, Max-Planck etc.). U.g. Stocktaking of the Federal Ministry of Research and Technology (S. Web on the left of) seizes over 1100 public medicine-technical research projects in Germany. These have the emphasis information technology,Picture-giving procedures, biological materials, cell and fabric technology. The relevant budget of the BMFT amounts to approx. 35 millions € per year.
With public means promoted studies from the medical technology, descending number after the statistics of the BMFT:
- Computer science and information technology
- picture-giving procedure
- bio mechanics, - materials, biological signals, - sensor technology
- cell andFabric technology, tissue engineering
- optical techniques in the medicine
- therapeutic techniques
- medical technology in the surgery
- of implants
- neurological questions
- of micro and nano-systems in the medicine
- rehablitation, assistance for handicapped
- Interventionelle techniques
- laboratory, clinical chemistry
- Ophthalmologie and seeing
- phonetics and voice
- health economics and medical technology
- electromagnetic compatibilityin the medical technology
- technology in the rescue and emergency medicine
in the international literature represent “picture-giving procedures” (March, Roentgen, Endoskopie) the medicine-technical Forschungsgebiet most meaning with far distance. The meaning of the individual nations follows the economic situation. Germany holds a portion of approx. 15 %,it is in particular prominent (with 60% of all publications) with the topics “Multislice CT” and (with 40%) “Kernspintomografie”.
and user security has legal regulations the highest priority in handling and the use of medical technology. In order to ensure this security, it giveswithin the European union various laws, regulations and rules for the prevention of accidents which can be used, which manufacture a uniform technical and safety-relevant standard.
In Germany particularly to emphasize are here:
- Medicine product law (MPG)
- medicine equipment regulation (MedGV) replaces through:
- Medicine product operator regulation (MPBetreibV)
- law over the measuring and calibration nature
course of studies medical technology
some study possibilitiesat universities and professional schools:
- Professional school pour Friedberg (http://kmubserv.tg.fh-giessen.de/pm/kmub/)
- professional school Luebeck (http://18.104.22.168/an/biomed/index.html)
- professional school Münster (physical technology - biomedical technology, http://www.fh-muenster.de/fb11/)
- BA Bautzen (practice-integrates, in 3 years to the diploma)
- professional school notion (Bachelor and master Biomed. To technology, http://www.hs-anhalt.de/)
- university Bremerhaven, www.hs-bremerhaven.de
- DO Munich, to http://www.zimt.tum.de/
- DO Berlin
- University of attaining (physics in the medicine, http://www.biomed.uni-erlangen.de/lpmt/students.html)
- professional school Ulm
- FH Lausitz
- Rheinahrcampus Remagen (professional school Koblenz), http://www.rheinahrcampus.de/
- HAW Hamburg (university for applied sciences)
- FH Aachen, department of Jülich (physical technology - biomedical technology)
- FH upper Austria, Campus Linz, http://www.fh-linz.at/
- Bernese professional school (university for technologyand computer science HTI), post-graduate studies course and master OF Advanced Studies in Medical Technology, www.mzbe.ch/
- professional school Jena (course of studies bioengineering) http://www.fh-jena.de/
- professional school Wilhelmshaven (http://www.fh-oow.de/)
- university ford cheeks, department of Villingen Schwenningen (courses of studies (Bachlor) Medical engineering, bio and process technology) (http://www.hs-furtwangen.de)
- Armin gardner: Medical technology andInformation technology. Volume II, ISBN 3-8249-0941-3
Web on the left of
- medical technology study of the German Ministry of Research, 2005
- www.fbmt.de professional association biomedical technology registered association.
- www.dgbmt.de German society for biomedical technology in VDE
- www.bvmed.de the Federal association medicine technology registered association.
- information for the medical technology sector of the Swiss office of the secretary of state for economics (SECO)
|This article or paragraphonly the situation in Germany represents . Help to describe the situation in other countries.|