This group covers approximately 35 kinds in five kinds, which are all together in Africa south the seeing era common.
Characteristics of this group are a short lip and a long tail. The legs are longer as the arms, a Geschlechtsdimorphismus (the males are larger than the females) are present, but moderate.
Most kinds are forest inhabitants and are predominantly on trees, them live together in groups and nourish themselves primarily of fruits.
Among this group five kinds are ranked:
- those approximately 25 kinds actual long-tailed monkeys (Cercopithecus),
- the Greens long-tailed monkeys (chlorine Organization for economic cooperation and development bus),
- the relatively original sump long-tailed monkey (Allenopithecus nigriviridis),
- the dwarf long-tailed monkeys (Miopithecus)
- as well as the Hussar ape (Erythrocebus patas).