|coat of arms|
|coordinates:|| 45° 52 ' n. Break. |
8° 59 ' o. L.
|Height:||354 m and. M.|
|Surface:||11,7 km ²|
|inhabitants:||6698 (31. December 2004)|
Mendrisioa municipality and a principal place are both the circle the of the same name (Circolo di Mendrisio) and district (Distretto di Mendrisio) of the canton Tessin in Switzerland. The German name Mendris became outdated and was not to no more used.
Table of contents
Mendrisio fused to 4. April 2004 with the earlier municipality Salorino.
in Mendrisio is the 1996 created architecture academy of the university of Italian Switzerland.
museums, castles, locks
- tree gardnersGallery (permanent exhibition of model railways) 1
- art museum (accommodated since 1982 in the old Servitenkloster. The permanent collection covers more than 1 of ' 200 works of art) 2
other objects of interest
- old part of town with their close lanes.
- Old hospital of the blessed virgin. The neoklassizistische building became of Luigi Fontanaplanned and 1860 opens. Since 1996 it accommodates the architecture academy. The statue at the entrance is a work of Swiss artist Niki de Saint Phalle.
- Church of the holy Johann Baptist, into which after defaults of Giovan Pietro Magni builds for years 1723-38.
- Church of the holy Martin
- FoxTown, the largest Factory net curtain center in south Europe. 80 shops with 140 admitted marks, dresses, sport, gift and household articles as well as mode accessory to attractive prices with price discounts from 30% to 60%. Some under the numerous marks are: Gucci, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Iceberg, Diesel, Nike, Puma, Adidasand Reebok.
Web on the left of
Arzo | Balerna | Besazio | Bruzella | Cabbio | Caneggio | Capolago | Castel San Pietro | Chiasso | Coldrerio | Genestrerio | Ligornetto | Mendrisio | Meride | Morbio Inferiore | Morbio Superiore | Muggio | Novazzano | Rancate | Riva San vital one | Sagno | Stabio | Tremona | Vacallo