|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|governmental district:||Lower Franconia|
|surface:||60.18 km ²|
|population density:||162 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||127 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||63897|
|postal zip code (old):||8760|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 49° 42 ' 14 " N, 09° 15 ' 52 " O 49° 42 ' 14 " N, 09° 15 ' 52 " O
|municipality key:||09 6 76 139|
|city arrangement:||7 quarters|
| address |
of the city administration:
| Angel place 69|
63897 spleen mountain
|mayor:||Joachim Bieber (CSU)|
Table of contents
historical spleen mountain are linksmainisch because of the left knee of the Main square between Spessart and desert forest. There itself inArea of spleen mountain the bed of Main relatively near the foot of the desert forest finds, remains on the left Main side only a narrow strip of usable surface, which was set in the past centuries always again by the Main flood under water. The old part of town here present took itself partial considerableDamage to these floods. For instance since beginning 20. Century spread spleen mountain, after land purchases of the neighbour municipality large hay brook also on the right Main side.
in the proximity today's spleen mountain discovered the Limes the Main,starting from here far the natural border of the Roman realm toward Germanien represented to the north. Are the remnants of two Roman castellets between spleen mountain and vouching city (castellet spleen mountain east) as well as between spleen mountain and small hay brook (old part of town castellet).
In the protection of the mild castle (builds around 1200) developedthe city spleen mountain. She was mentioned for the first time in writing 1237. Already in the Middle Ages the Miltenberger new red sandstone was very desired. Therefore objects became such as Mahlsteine or columns gehauen in the surrounding forests.
until 1803 belonged to spleen mountain to the cure principality Mainz. This manifests itselfto today in the Mainzer wheel in city the coat of arms. To the realm deputation main conclusion spleen mountain came to the Principality of Leiningen, with which it was incorporated 1806 the Grand Duchy of bathing. After the city belonged starting from 1810 to the Grand Duchy of Hessen darmstadt, it became finally 1816 part of Bayerns.
From spleen mountaincome also the so-called. Heunesäulen, which were intended for the building of the Mainzer of cathedral. In the middle on the Mainzer cathedral place stands today one this Heunesäulen with an appropriate Hinweistafel.
Spleen mountain has a historical old part of town, which exhibits numerous half timbered houses.
important is forwardseverything the tourism, which in particular rinse numerous visitors from the hessian centers of dense development (Hanau, open brook at the Main, Frankfurt/Main ) on weekend after spleen mountain, furthermore the new red sandstone and the trade.
Spleen mountain is road-technically outstanding to the hessian densely populated areas tied up, in those manyInhabitants work find.
development of the city
into the city spleen mountain became in in common December:
- 1. January 1971: Breitendiel
- 1. January 1976: Mainbullau
- 1. January 1976: Schippach (with Berndiel)
- 1. January 1976: Wenschdorf (with Monbrunn)
culture and objects of interest
- worth seeing are the mild castle, the historical old part of town, the “Schnatterloch” (historical market place), the hotel to the giant (one the oldest or possibly. the oldest hotel of Germany),the old city hall, peppering citizens as well as the Mainzer the gate and the historical places in the surrounding forests.
- Spleen mountain is since 1990 because of the Frankish red wine moving way.
- on the first weekend in July the old part of town celebration takes place. Further information to the celebration on thatSide www.historisches-miltenberg.de
- starting from the last weekend in August takes place one week long the Michaelismesse, the largest people celebration at the Bavarian Untermain.
mayors of the city
- 1870 - 1905: Jakob Josef Schirmer
- 1906 - 1924: Franz width brook
- 1925 - 1930:Dr. Roland forge
- 1930 - 1933: William Schwesinger
- 1933 - 1935: Josef radio
- 1935 - 1945: Anton Burkart
- 1945 - 1951: Oskar Sermersheim
- 1952 - 1966: Anton Blatz
- 1966 - 1978: Ludwig Büttner
- 1978 - 1990: Anton bird
- since 1990: Joachim Bieber
Sons and daughters of the city
- Johannes Butzbach (1477 spleen mountain - 1516 Maria Laach)
- Johannes hardening (1505 spleen mountain - 1579 Freiburg in mash gau)
- Joseph Martin Kraus (1756 spleen mountain - 1792 Stockholm)
- Philipp Wirth (1808 spleen mountain - 1878 spleen mountain)
- Carl Gerster (1813 spleen mountain - 1891 Regensburg) - physician and founder of the Frankish singer federation
personalities, that with the city in connection stand
- for Johann Draconites also Johannes Drach or Trach (e), theologian and Reformator, (1522 - 1523 ministers in spleen mountain), † 18. April 1566 in joke mountain
- Rudolf Hirth you Frênes, painter, * 24. July 1846 in Gräfentonna with Gotha; † 1. May 1916 in spleen mountain
- Petrus Karl Mangold, Franziskaner, (1920 - 1931 Seelsorger and Volksmissionar in the monastery spleen mountain), † 18. July 1942 in To KZ DAK-strike
- Michael Josef Wirth: Chronicle of the city spleen mountain, spleen mountain 1890; Reprint: New city Aisch 1987 (ISBN 3-923006-58-6)
- Jakob Josef Schirmer: Chronicle of the city spleen mountain, spleen mountain 2004 (ISBN 3-00-013149-3)
- 750 years city spleen mountain 1237 - 1987.Contributions for the history, economics and culture of a Frankish city, spleen mountain 1987
Web on the left of
- web page of the city spleen mountain
- web page that video home system spleen mountain
- museum of the city spleen mountain
- promotion circle “historical spleen mountain”
- historical portal of Bavarian Untermain
- web page of the tourism community spleen mountain - vouching city - small hay brook
- web page of the Michaelismesse spleen mountain(Michelsmess)
- web page of the technical welfare organization local federation spleen mountain
- tourism Website of district and region
old person book | Amorbach | Vouching city | Collenberg | Village pro tents | Eichenbühl | Elsenfeld | Erlenbach at the Main | Eschau | Putrid brook | Large hay brook | Large barrier city | Live | Kirchzell | Small hay brook | Small barrier city | Blade mountain at the Main | Laudenbach | Suffer PUCB oh | Spleen mountain | Mömlingen | Monk mountain | Nine-churches | Niedernberg | Upper castle at the Main | Roll brook | Rüdenau | Snow mountain | City pro tents | Sulzbach at the Main | Because brook | Wörth toMain