|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|surface:||7.244, 85 km ²|
|inhabitants:||1.708.841 (30. September 2005)|
|Population density:||236 inhabitants for each km ²|
middle Franconia is one of 7 governmental districts in Bavaria and not to confound with the area-same localDistrict middle Franconia. It lies in the northwest of the Free State and borders on Baden-Wuerttemberg as well as on the Bavarian governmental districts Upper Bavaria, Upper Franconia, Lower Franconia, Swabia and on the Upper Palatinate.
Table of contents
- district Ansbach
- district attaining high city
- district Fürth
- district new city A. D. Aisch bath wind home
- district Nürnberger country
- district Roth
- district Weissenburg Gunzenhausen
- The district attaining high city was called in the transition period of the 1.July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district attaining.
- The district new city A. D. Aisch bath wind home was called in the transition period of the 1. July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district new city A. D. Aisch.
- The district Nürnberger countrywas called in the transition period of the 1. July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district run A. D. Pegnitz.
- The district Roth was called in the transition period of the 1. July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district Roth b. Nuremberg.
- The district Weissenburg Gunzenhausen was called in the transition period of the 1. July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district white castle i. Bay..
Before the circle regional reorganization at the 1. July 1972 was divided the governmental district middle Franconia into four urban areas and 17 districts.
see: Administrative arrangement of the governmental district middle Franconia before the circle reform
other one larger cities (without circle-free cities) in middle Franconia
- damp cheeks
- run at the Pegnitz
- new city to the Aisch
- Rothenburg whether that deaf
- white castle inBavaria
in middle Franconia gives it numerous waters, which are used variously and also for the tourism of of great importance are.
beside numerous Fischteichen, which are integrated often into brook runs, is to be referred particularly to the Frankish sea-country with the following larger lakes:
the Frankish Alb spread irregularly over far parts eastern middle Franconia. The highest mountain is the 689 m high Hesselberg at the southwest edge of the Alb. Importantly also the Moritzberg is not far from Nuremberg.
the unemployment ratio in middle Franconia amounted to in the annual average 2004 8.4 per cent.
enterprise in middle Franconia
- Munich - Nuremberg - Bamberg - light rock - crown oh - hall field - Jena/Gera - Leipzig - Berlin
- Nuremberg - Bayreuth - yard
- peppering castle - Nuremberg - Regensburg - Passau - Linz - Vienna
- the Main Danube channel leads literature Dehio across Bamberg, attaining, Fürth
- ]: BavariaI: Franconia, 2. Aufl., Munich 1999, ISBN 3-422-03051-4
- pride/Jeiter: Franconia: The region 7., Munich 1989 (= a DKV Bildhandbuch)
- Ralf Nestmeyer: “Franconias. A travel guide ". Michael Mueller publishing house, attaining, 2004, ISBN of 3-89953-151-5