Monika lives, divorced land count (* 29. September 1952 in Riesa, Saxonia), is a former German light athlete, who belonged into the 1970er years to the world point in the 400-Meter-Lauf. It won two gold medals for the GDR with the olympic plays 1972 in Munich - in the 400-Meter-Lauf, when it defeated Rita wild one scarcely, and with the 4x400-Meter-Staffel (with Dagmar Käsling, Rita bold one and Helga Seidler). With 19 years it is into the present the youngest 400-Meter-Olympiasiegerin (conditions: 2004).
Twice, 1971 and 1972, were selected it with the 4x400-Meter-Staffel to the GDR crew of the yearly. After a short, successful career, in that it and. A. four world records, terminated it set up to 1974 their sportsman career. It studied foreign trade and works in leading function at a furniture company. It has two sons (Andreas, Steffen).
Monika lives started for the sports club direct current generator Berlin and trained with Inge Utecht. In its active time it was 1.68 meters large and weighed 56 kg.
further ones of successes
- 1970 GDR Meisterin and Siegerin of the European youth plays in the 400-Meter-Lauf
- 1971 Europameisterin with the 4x400-Meter-Staffel (world record: 3:29,28 minutes to 15. August in Helsinki (with Rita bold one, Inge truck Lohse and Helga Seidler)
- 1972 equalizing the world record in the 400-Meter-Lauf: 51.0 seconds to 4. August into of Paris
- 1972 world records with the 4x400-Meter-Staffel: 3:28,48 min. in the olympic advance; 3:22,95 in the olympic final
- 1973 Siegerin with the Europacup in Edinburgh in the 400-Meter-Lauf
1964: Betty Cuthbert | 1968: Colette Besson | 1972: Monika lives | 1976: Irena Szewińska | 1980: Marita cook | 1984: Valerie Brisco Hooks | 1988: Olga Brysgina | 1992: Marie Josée Perec | 1996: Marie Josée Perec | 2000: Cathy Freeman | 2004: Tonique Williams Darling
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||land count, Monika|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||former light athlete and Olympiasiegerin|
|DATE OF BIRTH||29. September 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Riesa (Saxonia)|