Also grave plants like the seven stone houses rank among it.
One calls reinforced concrete compound units, which are locally poured, monolithically.
Table of contents
general linguistic usage
monolithic is called, whatof a large whole one consists, contrary to modular one or building up.
- of the Linux - Kernel knows both monolithically, D. h. with all necessary functions, and modular, D integrates directly. h. Functions will be reloaded, compiled if necessary with modules .
- Monolithe and statues
- at Swiss national exhibition in the year 2002 a monolith was set up in the middle in the water (architect: Jean Nouvel). The building was broken off after the exhibition.
- Findlinge are monolithic stone blocks, which were deposited in the process of the ice age, mostly in the area of the Endmoräne.
- Ayers skirt, Australia;
- largest monolith of the world: Mount Augustus in west Australia
- el Capitan, California, the USA
- Obelisk, more free standing, more highly, itself upward tapering stone column, which has a pyramid-shaped point. Height: 7 - like
political linguistic usage
also parties or organizations can be described as monolithic. For example the CDU in the literature often became asmonolithic action unit described. This was rejected however by Josef Schmidt.
Forge, Josef, 1995: Expert questioning and information discussion in the party research: “As the CDU is föderalistisch? In: Alemann (1995) S. 293-326