the museum ([old] Greek μουσείο [ν], muussío - originally the Heiligtum of the Musen, which protection God inside the arts, culture and sciences were) is an institution, which issues a collection of interesting articles for the public. Mostly becomestoday from the visitors an admission fee raised, which benefits the receipt of the collection and the plant; often it is on one day in the week or at least to certain hours of a daily possible to visit individual museums free of charge.
Table of contents
a goal of a museum is it, articles (To keep and for the visitors in continuous or drawing of a bill make accessible exhibits) from mostly past times a certain topic professionally and durably. The German museum federation makes still further restrictions in its definition of 1978: so may (public)Museum no commercial structure exhibit, must technically be led and scientifically cared for.
In usual encyclopedias under the term museum is usually referred to the tasks collecting, retaining, restoring, investigation and mediating.
Today nearly all museums under budget scarceness suffer. Thoseabove definition should be therefore no obstacle, by responding presentations and/or. Showrooms sufficient public “to attract”. In certain way museums must also for the time taste calculation carry and to the visitors a clear structure, cross connections and also the possibility for own doing offer.Multiple is therefore among other things a museum Shop attached.
The articles, which are retained and shown in museums, should be after the conviction of the science in Germany certifications from the history of mankind. They are the expiration of our historical, technical, soziokulturellen, oursphysical, psychological and philosophical, in addition, our artistic development point out.
The child museums represent a special form of the “normal” museums, in which less historical preciousnesses is presented, but exhibits, which make fun for children, it to being astonished to bring and in this sensespielerisch obtain knowledge (e.g. the life-large, accessible model of a human cell).
Museums often went out of fürstlichen miracle and/or. Out and 1688 in Kiel opened art chambers or special art collections to Johann Daniel major a public nature and culture-historical federal state museum, the museum Cimbricum. In some cities in the German language area it came into 19. Century to civil reestablishments: Art museum Basel (from the civil Amerbach cabinet came out), arts center Bremen, Städel Kunstinstitut in Frankfurt, Hamburg arts center, arts center Vienna, museum Wiesbaden etc. Multiple are however associations- in smaller style and/or. for local conditions actively become, e.g.District - or mining industry museums. In Kassel 1779 the Fridericianum were built. It was to the British museum the second public museum, but first as museum conceived building thatWorld.
the science and the science of history and mechanism of the musealen collections as material archives (culture containers) - legally prescribed e.g. for soil finds - is the Museologie or museum customer (Institut for museum customer). To it belongsalso the documentation of museum property.
Museologie is in Germany an academic subject that the university for technology, economics and culture offer Leipzig and the professional school for technology and economics Berlin.
In Switzerland there are post-graduate studies “Museologie” the University of Baselwith the title “master OF Advanced Studies in Museologie.
the science and the science of the switching of the collection property is the Museumspädagogik.
- list of well-known museums
- list of German museums
- list of Austrian museums
- list Swiss museums
- list south animal oiler museums
acquaintance museum leader and curator
the external effect,the self understanding and not least the public effectiveness and the reputation of a museum often coined/shaped museum leader and curator recognized internationally by the strong personalities. Famous Ausstellungsmacher is among other things January Hoet, Wulf Herzogenrath, Harald Szeemann, Kasper king and Edy de Wilde.
- Pierre Bourdieu et Alain DARBEL, L'Amour de l'art, Paris, Les edition de Minuit, 1967
- Jean Louis DEOTTE, Le musée, l'origine de l'esthétique, Paris, L'harmattan, 1993
- Tony Bennett, TheBirth OF the museum: History, Theory, Politics, Routledge, 1995
- Joachim Kallinich, Keine Atempause - Geschichte wird gemacht : Museums in the experience and medium company, start lecture 12. February 2002, Berlin: Humboldt Univ., 2003
- Grasping the world: theidea OF the museum, OD. by Donald Preziosi and Claire Farago, Aldershot [among other things]: Ashgate, 2004
- Friedrich Waidacher, Museologie - scarcely calm, with a contribution of Marlies Raffler, Vienna [among other things]: Böhlau, 2005
- peoples Kirchberg, social functions ofMuseums: macro, meso and micro-sociological perspectives, Wiesbaden: VS publishing house for social sciences, 2005
- Claudio Beccarelli, financing of museums: Theory and application by the example of Swiss museum landscape, Berne: Head, 2005
- magazine for museum and education
|Wikiquote: Museum - quotations|
- list of German museums after places
- list of Austrian museums after places
- list of German museums after topics
- open land museum, school museum
- natural history museum
- art chamber
- museum under water
- miracle chamber
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: Museum - word origin, synonymsand translations|