music critic is e.g. the job title for a person, the reviews and discussions. over instrument valley - and orchestra works, operas, Operetten, musical or other musical stage works and/or. Vocally - and choir works writes. These can in a specialized organ equally as in daily papers or weekly papers, in addition, in broadcast and/or. Television or in the Internet published its. The training as the music critic takes place today regularly in the context of a study of the music sciences.
In the past centuries music critics were not particularly trained for this occupation. Usually it concerned composers or musicians, who along-brought an appropriate literary talent apart from very much experience in the composition technology and the contemporary music. There it up to the beginning 20. Century no phonographischen photographs of music works gave, was dependent the music critics in far parts on it, itself by the study of notes to create scores and piano excerpts the necessary basis in order to be able to judge a work correctly. The attendance of performances also belonged to - these were however primarily in the first half 19. Century by no means so naturally, as one accepts it today as given. In the today's time basis for the evaluation forms photographs of CDs and radio transmissions of musical works apart from the attendance of performances naturally also.
The two on music specialized specialized organs 19. Century were the “general one musical newspaper “ and the “new magazine for music “, created published by the music publishing house broad head & Härtel, by Robert Schumann and Friedrich Wieck.
acquaintance music critic 19. Century
- the composer Robert Schumann (see also: Eusebius and Florestan),
- the writer E.T.A. Hoffmann, which published its criticisms under the alias “Johannes Kreisler”,
- the composer Hector Berlioz,
- the composer Claude Debussy, which created the fictitious interlocutor “Monsieur Croche “for its criticisms,
- the composer Pjotr Iljitsch Tschaikowski,
- the music scientist Eduard Hanslick,
- the philosopher Friedrich Nietz.
acquaintance music critic 20. Century
- the sociologist and philosopher Theodor W. Adorno,
- the writer Romain roll and,
- the theatres -, literature - and music critic Joachim emperor,
- the music critic Alfred Einstein.
music criticism in the satire
of the Kabarettist George Kreisler took, is called the occupation nevertheless in his song “ the music critic” in sow-Irish way under the magnifying glass it in the text, one needs no notion from music to to have, can however by the letter over music and musician lucrative money earn.
(Excerpt from “the music critic)
- today each newspaper finds
- larger spreading by music critic,
- and so have also I the honour
- and Mach now career as a music critic.
- I have ka notion, which music is,
- because I am vocationally a Pharmazeut,
- but I know very well, what criticism is:
- The more badly, all the more freun itself the Leut.
- It belonged to my obligations
- to destroy beautiful as music critics,
- are I something beautiful to find,
- must ich's to prevent as music critics.
- Me also no artist can outwit,
- since I do not understand, what it does.
- Drum say I of each composer:
- Only after it is dead, it is good!