|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 48° 51 ' N, 10° 30 ' O 48° 51 ' N, 10° 30 ' O
|height:||428 m and. NN|
|surface:||68.1 km ²|
|inhabitants:||19.377 (31. December 2004)|
|Population density:||285 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||86720|
|municipality key:||09 7 79 194|
of the city administration:
| Market place 1|
|mayor:||Hermann putrid (PWG) (designates since 12.03.2006)|
Table of contents
] Geografie in the famous Nördlinger Ries, the Einschlagskrater oneurzeitlichen meteorites. The Krater has 23 km diameters, is all around as hill chain visible and of the Wörnitz and Eger is flowed through. First flows to 30 km with Donauwörth, southeast, into the Danube.
cities in the environment
Already around the year 85 n. Chr. here a Roman castellet with settlement, however in the year the 259 developed/260 with the conquest of the today's South Germany by the Alemannen went down. The name of this settlement probably read Septemiacum. These latin place name is reliably delivered by the Peutingertafel (Tabula Peutingeriana) for the area of Nördlingen, he can but so far the Roman settlement in the today's Nördlingen to be assigned completely surely. The Roman Nördlingen is so far generally hardly investigated.
1215 became Nördlingen free realm city.
A historical turning point in the dreissigjährigen war was the battle with Nördlingen in the year 1634, in which the Swedish-Protestant forces were struck for the first time crucially by the imperial Habsburgi troops. In thatYouth book “the lead seal counterfeiter “of Dietlof realms is described very in detail the medieval situation of the manufacturers of the Nördlinger of felt.
a partnership between cities maintains partnerships between cities Nördlingen with the following cities:
- Wagga Wagga in the Federal State New South Wales, (Australia), since 1967
- Riom in the region Auvergne in the Département Puy de Dôme (France), since 1970
- Stoll mountain in Saxonia, since 1991
- Markham in the province Ontario (Canada), since 2001
- 1951 was taken over the sponsorship for the refugees Sudeten Germans from the city and the circle Tetschen Bodenbach.
- 1976 the sponsorship for drove out Germans from the city Olmütz taken over.
culture and objects of interest
Old part of town
- Nördlingen has a very beautiful medieval old part of town with a completely received Stadtmauer. The Stadtmauer has 5 gates, 16 towers and 2 bastions. The walk along the battlements is kept still complete and can be committed.
- The landmarkNördlingens is that approx. 90 m high church tower of the pc. - George church (gothical architectural style), which “Daniel “is called. This name decreases/goes back to the Biblical figure Daniel, over which in the book Daniel 2.48 stands written: And the kingincreased Daniel and (...) made it the prince over the whole country.
The tower of the pc. - George church is constantly occupied by a Türmer, an occupation, which it in Europe today only in two further cities (Münster and Krakau) gives. ThatTürmer of Nördlingen calls the saying from 22:00 to 00:00 clock halfonce per hour so G'sell in such a way! of the tower, which has its origin in a legend:
1440 tried count Hans von Wallerstein due to financial problems to conquer Nördlingen. Around unnoticed into thoseArrive to city to be able, captivated he a gate guard, so that this did not lock the gate. When a weber woman went in the night to outside, in order to get in an economy beer, she discovered herself the open gate, there a straight escapedPig to it rubbed. Thereupon those said it words so to G'sell in such a way!, which are to be understood threat as a kind against the traitorous gate guard.
The pc. are extremely worth seeing. Salvatorkirche in the middle in the city center. Are there soon three art windows of the European recognized art professor Schreiter develop! In the history of pc. Salvator is to be particularly mentioned the communion wafer miracle, to which the emergence of the church decreases/goes back.
- illustrative material offers museums the Rieskrater museum over the geological development of the environment anda simulation of the Ries Impakts approximately 15 million years ago, with which the Nördlinger Ries developed. In addition there genuine moon rock can be visited, which received the city Nördlingen as continuous loan from NASA. These trained 1970 the astronauts of the Apollo 14 and Apollo 17 - missions in the Ries. In quarries in the Ries Suevit - rock can be found, which are similar to the rocks on the lunar surface. It develops under extreme conditions of temperature and pressure like it only with meteorite impacts occurs.
- Bavarian railway museum Nördlingen
- city wall museum
- City museum (with reproduction of the battle of 1634)
- in the three-year rotation one can visit the historical city wall celebration of the formerly free realm city in Nördlingen. Apart from old handicraft art knight and rider plays of the Middle Ages are to be seen. The last city wall celebrationtook place in September 2004.
- SA. 17.06.2006 - 26.06.2006.Das largest people celebration of north swabia, the Nördlinger fair begins with the fixed removal! Up to 26.06.2005 attracts the large entertainment park and more than 150 market conditions as well as the Rieser consumer exhibition of thousands of visitors.
- Fr.01.12.2006. 55 market conditions, the unique medieval townscape and the light gloss shift you in Vorweihnachtsstimmung. All further information to the master program etc. receive to the tourist info.
economics and infrastructure
- Nördlingen are because of that Romantic road, the peppering castle with the king locks with feet connects, and to the Swabian Albstrasse.
- B 466 Gunzenhausen - Ulm
- federal motorway 7 (Würzburg/Ulm) approx. 25 km to the west of Nördlingen
- railway line Aalen - Donauwörth (Riesbahn).
In former times was Nördlingen a railway knot, it gave additionally distances over Dinkelsbühl and Dombühl after Rothenburg whether that deaf ones and over Gunzenhausen after Nuremberg. These are today almost insignificantly and partly shut down.
- Sebastian Röttinger (* 1537 - † 1608), mayors and witch hunter
- Gerd Mueller (* 3. November 1945), football player, record goal scorer of the German national team and the soccer federal league
of sons and daughters of the city
- Albrecht Adam, German battle painter
- Johann Hermann (* 1527 - † 1605 in Breslau), the medical profession
Web on the left of
- Internet operational readiness level of Nördlingen with a beautiful aerial photograph of the city
- Rieskrater museum
- city museum
- from history
- fan club Ultras Nördlingen 1996 the Basketballer of the TSV Nördlingens
- Bavarian railway museum in Nördlingen
- Rieskrater museum ofNördlingen
- art association Nördlingen
Alerheim | Amerdingen | Asbach Bäumenheim | Auhausen | Book village | Daiting | Deiningen | Donauwörth | Ederheim | Ehingen at the Ries | Forheim | Fremdingen | Fünfstetten | Genderkingen | Hainsfarth | Harburg (Swabia) | High old home | Wood home | Huisheim | Dock home | May-hung | Marktoffingen | Marx home | Megesheim | Mertingen | Mönchsdeggingen | Monheim | Möttingen | Munningen | Münster | Niederschönenfeld | Nördlingen | Upper village at the Lech | Oettingen in Bavaria | Otting | Rain | Reimlingen | Rögling | Tagmersheim | Tapfheim | Wallerstein | Wechingen | Whom thing | Wolferstadt