Nürnberger group of insurance
In the financial year 2004 the enterprise employed country widely approximately 37,000 persons. The annual turnover of 3.7 billion EUR was obtained predominantly in the business with life insurances, to which approximately 1.9 billion EUR of the contribution revenues were allotted. Incomes come of to far 873 million EUR the different indemnity insurances, 97 million EUR of the health insurance daughter. Altogether existed scarcely 7.5 million insurance contracts with the insurance.
Table of contents
history and firm's structure
the roots of the today's group of insurance are appropriate in to 16. February 1884 by Lothar baron von Faber, Friedrich of basic gentleman, Johannes Falk, Johan George Kugler, Moritz Poehlmann, Samuel Bloch and Karl miracle created Nürnberger life insurance bank. This assigned its first policy to 25. April 1884 to an insurant in the today's Villingen Schwenningen. As this first case already shows, the enterprise was early Germany far active and took up starting from 1888 early the foreign business to Austria Hungary, Denmark and Norway . The offer was supplemented gradually beyond the life insurances. Thus were added insurance against invalidity, one military service insurance (since 1887) and 1906 the liability insurance . Besides the Nürnberger was the first offerer of private accident insurances in Bavaria.
1938 were renamed the enterprise in NÜRNBERGER life insurance AG.
1952 were decided the separation in sections, with which the actual time of the group of insurance began. The indemnity insurance within the ranges liability, accident, Kfz, special ones, technical ones and transport insurance adjusts since then NÜRNBERGER general insurance AG. In the course of the 1990 took place transformation of the NÜRNBERGER life insurance AG in getting thing participation corporation NÜRNBERGER with the name the entire life insurance existence to the new daughter of NÜRNBERGER life insurance AG will transfer.
Further subsidiary companies of the group of insurance are:
- NÜRNBERGER officials general insurance AG with special tariffs for the public service in the liability, accident and insurance against material damage. Until 1986 the 1970 created section under the name Nürnberger Merkur firmierte.
- NÜRNBERGER officials Lebensversicherung the AG exists furnished pensions of public servants subsidy insurance since 1983 as a successor of the 1908.
- GARANTA insurance AG since 1985 as according to professional status insurers of the German motor vehicle trade.
- 1990 were added NÜRNBERGER insurance the real estates AG by the acquisition of the free citizens southwest real estate fund AG .
- MORE NÜRNBERGER health insurance AG (since 1991)
- the prince Fugger private bank kg belonged in Augsburg since 1999 by the majority the group of insurance
solidarity with Nuremberg
the Logo represents the silhouette of the Nürnberger emperor castle since 1928 . Thus and by the foreign exchange well-known since 1959 “the enterprise an unmistakable brand name found protection and security in the indication of the castle”, over which it provides at the same time for the admittingness of the city Nuremberg and its medieval tradition. The seat of the group is still to be found in the city. Only 2000 referred it a new central management, which changed the townscape of Nuremberg. The so-called Businesses Tower, been because of the eastern ring road, is good with its 135 meters and 34 floors the second highest office building Bayerns and from the whole surrounding countryside to see.
In Nuremberg the enterprise is present also by a comprehensive Sponsoring of cultural, social and sporty meetings. Most formed the commitment surely is in the cycle racing. Like that the group of insurance is main sponsor and name giver of the Equipe Nürnberger, the woman professional wheel team dominating in Germany. Since 2005 one is by Sponsoring also name giver of the Nürnberger ice-sport and meeting-resounds arena Nürnberger insurance.
Since 1997 the group of insurance in Nuremberg operates the Nürnberger academy of the insurance economy.
- Nürnberger life insurances in: Michael Diefenbacher, Rudolf Endres (Hsg.): City encyclopedia Nuremberg, Verlag W. Tümmels, Nuremberg, 2. verb. Aufl. 2000; ISBN 3-921590-69-8.