|| the article or section has a current event to the topic.|
Contents can change rapidly.
The NHL - Season 2005/06 is (if one the failed Vorsaison takes into account) the 89. Play time that national Hockey League, the basic passage lasts from 5. October 2005 to 18. April 2006. Due to the Lockouts in the season 2004/05 a start long time was uncertain. In the middle of July 2005 came it to an agreement (after over 300 days Lockout), so that the season 2005/06 can take place completely. During the olympic winter plays in Turin the NHL pausiert, in order to give to the players the possibility of participating in it. But the all star play is painted.
Collective Bargaining Agreement
the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) plans a content upper limit of 39 million dollar per NHL club. An individual player may earn maximally 20% of the budget (7.8 million dollar). At the same time the minimum wage was raised of 185.000 to 450,000 dollar.
The most prominent “victims” of the new content upper limit were Dave Andreychuk, up to then captain of the acting Stanley Cup - champion Tampa Bay Lightning and Alexander Mogilny of that new jersey Devils, which was painted both during the season from the respective cadre and which into the AHL had to begin bitter course.
changes of rule
for the season were made some changes of rule, in order to make the play faster and above all more torreicher:
- The 2-Linienpass was abolished.
- With an undecided after extension it comes in the basic passage to a Penaltyschiessen. In Playoff plays still so long one further-plays, until a gate falls.
- The surface of the gate man equipment was made smaller.
- The neutral zone was made smaller by approximately 120 centimeters (4 foot), whereby the goal line of 60 centimeters (2 foot) was moved closer to the gang.
- Players, who plot a brawl in the last 5 play minutes, get a play continuous nonjudicial punishment, become closed for the next play and the crew receive a fine.
- The arbitrators are equipped with a Headset, around punishments, etc. to notify over the loudspeaker system in the stadium.
- Offenses such as hooks, CROSS checks and handicap are more strictly punished.
- A crew, which causes a bad far shot (Icing), may not make a player change in the play interruption resulting from it. So that a crew a Icing provokes, in order an opportunity is to be prevented for a player change to receive.
- Each player, who the puck from the own Verteidigungszone, without which this is abgefälscht, over the plexiglass - edge shoots, with a play delay punishment is occupied.
of the 43. Entry Draft became from 25./26. June on 30. July 2005 shifted and took place in Ottawa (Canada). The sequence was drawn lots, since due to the failed Vorsaison no lining up was possible. As a first crew the Pittsburgh Penguins was allowed to select, which selected from the observers favored Canadian centers Sidney Crosby.
The first player not originating from North America was the Slovene Anze Kopitar as 11. , the only German player was the Flügelstürmer Philip Gogulla of Cologne sharks, which was pulled on position 48 by the Buffalo Sabres.
abbreviations: W = victories, L = defeats, OTL = defeat after Overtime, GF= obtained gates, GA = Gegentore, Pts = points
| Eastern Conference || || Western Conference
abbreviations: GP = plays, G = gates, A = Assists, Pts = points; Fat: Season optimum
best goal keepers
at least 1,000 played minutes.
Abbreviations: GP = plays; TOI = ice age (in minutes); W = victories; L = defeats; OTL = Overtime/Shootout defeats; GA = Gegentore; SO = Shutouts; Sv% = shots held (in %); ATM = Gegentorschnitt; Fat: Season optimum
| Miikka Kiprusoff || Calgary || 74 || 4379:40 || 42 || 20 || 11 || 151 || 10 || ,923 || 2,07
| Dominik Hasek || Ottawa || 43 || 2583:58 || 28 || 10 || 4 || 90 || 5 || ,925 || 2,09
| Manny Legace || Detroit || 51 || 2905:09 || 37 || 8 || 3 || 106 || 7 || ,915 || 2,19
| Cristobal guard || Montreal || 36 || 2102:59 || 18 || 11 || 4 || 77 || 7 || ,929 || 2,20
| Henrik Lundqvist || NY of Ranger || 53 || 3111:53 || 30 || 12 || 9 || 116 || 2 || ,922 || 2,24
Stanley Cup Playoffs
all plays found in the year 2006 instead of
round 2 (Conference Semifinals)
assigned Trophäen (NHL Awards)