Frequently message stands synonymously for pieces of news andcommunicates information about events . Generally linguistic usage stands therefore the Plural message for reports over current events in the mass media, like television, radio or newspapers and magazines. One differentiates between good messages, like for examplethe rescue or recovery of humans, and bad messages, like reports over disasters, deaths or Unglücke. In the Bible to “message “is located property equivalently for the four gospel reports over living and working the Jesus of Nazaret.
Messages are the basic element of communication and are thereby the subject of the view by different sciences, among other things the semiotic, the communication theory, the communication sciences, the communications technology and the behavior research.
Messages become generally by signalstransferred, those, if they were understood, to the receiver knowledge brings. With the fact it is crucial that the receiver is able to decode the message that thus coding (language, data format, etc.) admits of the message is, and that semantically Context is present, so that the meaning of the message can be understood.
- „MESSAGE, f. only since that 17. jahrh.
- memo healing to realign and the after attention…
- at all memo healing of an occurence etc. “.
- Jacob and William Grimm, German dictionary. Volume 7. Leipzig1889, S. 103
- in the semiotic receives - level their meaning to data on semantics and as message is then designated.
- In the network technology one understands a packet by message.