|Département||Meurthe et Moselle|
|geographical situation|| of 48° 41 ' N|
06° 10 ' E
|height||of 212 m m u. M.|
|Surface||15.01 km ²|
|population density||6,902 Einw. /km 2|
|postal zip code||54000|
|INSEE - code||54395|
Nancy is a cityin Lorraine, France. Nancy is the capital (Préfecture) of the Départements Meurthe et Moselle and had 2004 estimated 105.100 inhabitants. The designation Nanzig is for a long time uncommon. It became in Wilhelmini empire (1871 - 1918), as a part of Lorraine (Elsass Lorraine) Germanybelonged, occasionally as German translation used.
Nancy the capital of the duchy Lorraine (or upper Lorraine) was historical, in the after-to France the capital of the province Lorraine (Lorraine).
table of contents
to 5. January. 1477 fail to Karl the bold one of Burgund before Nancy with the attempt, those to the duchy Lorraine belonging city actually toobring; Karl the bold one dies at his injuries not far from Nancy with Saint Nicolas de haven.
Nancy belonged to in 17. Century to the duchy Lorraine and thus formally for the holy Roman realm of German nation. The duchy Lothrigen came in the context of an exchange between having castle and thatFrench king in 17. Century to the Kingdom of France (the Toskana came at having castle); after the set off Polish king Stanislaus I. Leszczynski the duchy from Nancy and Lunéville as a duke of Lorraine had governed.
objects of interest
world cultural heritage
Nancya city center worth seeing with the center possesses Place Stanislas, designated after the former Polish king Stanislaus I. Leszczynski, which was also ruler of Lorraine. The Place Stanislas, Place de la Carrière, and the Place d'Alliance became 1983 as world cultural heritage of the UNESCOtaken up. The places were put on mainly from 1752 to 1760 by the building master Emmanuel Héré. Five palaces cover the Place Stanislas, in the center stand a monument of the ruler of Lorraine. In the corners of the place gilded gates are located. At the Place de laCarrière stands a Triumphbogen, the 1757 of Ludwig XV. one established.
other objects of interest
- Musée Historique Lorrain, here are shown archaeological finds from Lorraine. The moreover one of the duke time one reminds.
- Eglise of the Cordliers, grave church of the dukes of Lorraine
- Pépinière, park plant in the EnglishStyle
- Musée de l'Ecole de Nancy, museum Lotharingian youth style
- cathedral, baroque church from that 18. Century
- museum of the beautiful arts, overview of the painting of the last 400 years with pictures of Dufy, Utrillo, Modigliani and Zadkin.
NASIUM - La cite the Leuques - an oldRoman city with 120 hectars
of information under for this: http://www.lesleuques.netsee also:
|Commons: Nancy - education Nancy an old university|
and jurisprudential faculty has pictures, videos and/or audio files [work on]. Here the N radiation was discovered.
Under psychologists and therapists well-known and famousist die (alte) Schule von Nancy, die sich im 19.Jahrhundert vor allem mitHypnose befasste, und die aus ihr, nach einem Richtungsstreit, hervorgegangene Neue Schule von Nancy, die unter der Leitung von Émile Coué die Lehre der modernen, bewussten Autosuggestionin aller Welt bekanntmade.
Information under for this: http://www.karlsruhe.de/Magazin/Partnerstaedte/nancy.de.htm
beside it maintains the city still partnerships:
- since 1954 to Newcastle upon Tyne, united Kingdom of, England
- since 1954 to Lüttich, Belgium
- since 1964 to Padua, Italy
- since 1973 to Kanazawa, Japan
- since 1984 to Kirjat Schmona, Israel
- since 1988 to Lublin, Poland
- since 1991 to Cincinnati in Ohio, United States
means of transport
by the city center rides along a modern a rail bus course, the punching RAM,gummibereiften streetcar cars (identically constructed cars with the Tramway de Caen). The first installation of the new system took place in the year 2000, in order to supplement the existing net from O buses. The vehicles possess two-pole current collectors and can both and trace-led bus course and on other parts thatDistance as O buses steered by the driver drive. The public enterprise of the STAN began at the 11. February 2001, after two accidents in March was shut down the enterprise however for 1 year and the vehicles was revised.
Nancy is an important railway junction.
daughters and sonsthe city
- Henri Cartan, mathematician
- Étienne François de Choiseul, French statesman
- Gaspard Gustave de Coriolis (1792 - 1843), French mathematician and physicist; discovered the Corioliskraft Matthieu Delpierre ,
- French football player Antoine Drouot (
- 1774 - 1847), designated after it, one thatGenerals Napoleon
- Lucien Febvre, French historian
- Franz I. Stephan (1708 - 1756), emperors of the holy of Roman realm of German nation
- Edmond de Goncourt (1822 - 1896), author, critic, publisher, founder of the Académie Goncourt
- Jean Baptiste Isabey, French painter
- François Jacob, Physician, physiologist and Genetiker
- Méry Laurent (1849 - 1900), MUSE of different artists
- stroke ore Lyautey, was a French marshal
- Henri Poincaré (1854 - 1912), universal mathematician
- Pierre Schaeffer (1910 - 1995), inventor the musique concrète
- Jean Louis Schlesser, FrenchRallyefahrer
Web on the left of
- Internet operational readiness level of the city Nancy
- web page of the Office de Tourisme
- Internet operational readiness level of the Université Henri Poincaré (Nancy 1)
- Internet operational readiness level of the Université Nancy 2
- La plus barks place you moons Place Stanislas Nancy
- NASIUM - La cite the Leuques - an old Roman city also120 hectars
of coordinates: 48° 41 ′ N, 6° 10 ′ O