under the term Nucleus (“core “, also as” central area “, Plural designates: Nuclei) one understands accumulations of Perikaryen = Soma (nerve cell bodies) within the white substance (Substantia alba) of the brain.
In back Marks are called the functionally which are connected Somagruppen in the grey substance (Substantia grisea) Nucleus. Since these extend over longer back Mark sections, one calls them also core columns.
Table of contents
important cores in the mammal brain
to Telencephalon (final brain)
the basal cores (basal ganglia) lying medial the brain cortex in the depth of the grosshirns. Their functional meaning and relationship to each other are not yet finally clarified. They are among other things a switching place of the extrapyramidalen system.
- Claustrum (Vormauer): been because of the furthest to the brain cortex
- Amygdala (corpus amygdaloideum, almond body)
- Nucleus caudatus (tail core): curves into the side ventricles before
- Nucleus lentiformis (lens core): with Putamen and Pallidum
Nucleus caudatus and the Putamen also as corpus striatum (strip bodies) are marked.
with respect to the Zwischenhirn one differentiates specific Thalamus - cores (like the knee peaks) and nonspecific. However in the Thalamus it gives over 100 groups of cores. In the cores hypothalami are formed Releasing hormones (Liberine) and Statine, which steer the secretion of the hypophysis.
- Corpus geniculatum lateral (lateral knee peak): It is part of the Sehbahn. Here the Sehnerv ( Nervus opticus) ends, the information to the Sehrinde in the Cortex is passed on.
- Corpus geniculatum mediale (medialer knee peak): It is an important switching station for the hearing course on the way to the hearing crust in the Cortex.
- Nuclei of habenulares: in the Habenulae
- Nucleus infundibularis: in the hypophysis handle
- Nuclei of mamillares: in the corpus mamillare
- Nucleus paraventricularis: The nerve cells produce the hormone Oxytocin, which is then transported axonal to the neuro hypophysis.
- Nucleus preopticus: before the Sehnervenkreuzung
- Nucleus suprachiasmaticus: It is the most important master clock for the bio rhythm (“internal clock”) and co-operates thereby closely with the pineal gland .
- Nucleus supraopticus: The nerve cells produce the hormone Vasopressin, which is then transported axonal to the neuro hypophysis.
Mesencephalon (central brain)
- Nuclei motorii the 3. and 4. Cranial nerves
- Nucleus pretectalis: Change-over of descending courses of the Sehrinde for the parasympathischen core eye movement nerves (Nervus oculomotorius).
- Nucleus parasympathicus (Edinger Westphal core): Origin of the parasympathischen fibers of the 3. Cranial nerves, center of the Augenmotorik
- Nucleus more ruber: most important component of the Extrapyramidalen of system, starting point of the Tractus rubrospinalis
- Substantia nigra: see Extrapyramidales system
to Metencephalon (Hinterhirn)
- Nuclei of cochleares (snail cores): first change-over of the hearing course, with some mammals in the Nachhirn
- Nucleus dentatus: in the Kleinhirn, connection to the Nucleus of ruber
- Nucleus emboliformis: in the Kleinhirn, connection to the Nucleus of ruber
- Nucleus fastigii: in the Kleinhirn, connection to equilibrium cores
- Nucleus globosus: in the Kleinhirn, connection to the Nucleus of ruber
- Nuclei motorii: Cores in the Pons for the motor portions 5., 6. and 7. Cranial nerves
- Nuclei pontis (bridge cores): Switching station for the courses between grosshirn and Kleinhirn
- Nucleus sensibilis pontinus: Core for the sensitive fibers 5. Cranial nerves (Nervus trigeminus)
- Nuclei vestibular (equilibrium cores): first change-over of the Nervus vestibularis and thus the equilibrium course, with some mammals in the Nachhirn
- Nuclei of cochleares (snail cores): first change-over of the hearing course, with some mammals in the Hinterhirn
- Nuclei corporis trapezoidei (trapezoid body cores): Origin of the lateral longitudinal bundle
- of Nucleus cuneatus: Change-over of the sensitive courses of the upper/front extremity
- Nucleus gracilis: Change-over of the sensitive courses of the lower/rear body half
- of Nuclei engine iii 9., 10., 11. and 12. Cranial nerves
- Nucleus olivaris (olive): Connection to Kleinhirn and back Mark
- of Nuclei parasympathici: Origin of the parasympathischen fibers 7., 9. and 10. Cranial nerves
- Nuclei vestibular (vestibular or equilibrium core): first change-over of the Nervus vestibularis and thus the equilibrium course, with some mammals in the Hinterhirn
of cores in back Marks
- the Nucleus intermediolateralis: in the grey substance, origin of the sympathetic nerve fibers in the chest and Lendenmark
- motor cores (core column): in the front/vent ral horn of the grey substance, origin of the motor fibers of the back Mark nerves
|please considering you the reference to health topics!|