Upper Bavaria is one of 7 governmental districts of Bavaria and not to confound with the congruent district Upper Bavaria.
The governmental district lies in the southeast of the Land of the Federal Republic and borders in the south and the east on Austria, in the northeast on Lower Bavaria,in the northwest at middle Franconia and in the west at Swabia. Parts today's Upper Bavaria are Frankish: Assigned by the regional reorganization into the 1970er years the district calibrate-corrode the district Upper Bavaria. The term “Upper Bavaria” appears for the first time inYears 1255 during the Bavarian landing hurrying. The expansion was however originally another: The Chiemgau and the area of bath realm-resound belonged at that time to Lower Bavaria. The district calibrate-corroded was governed in former times partly Frankish, the inhabitants speaks howevera bairischen dialect. Opposite the area became since 551 n.Chr. with the district reform to the duchy Baiern belonging district Aichach Friedberg the district Swabia slammed shut.
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|surface:||17.529, 63 km ²|
|inhabitants:||4.232.962 (30. September 2005)|
|Population density:||241 inhabitants for each km ²|
table of contents
administrative arrangement [
Upper Bavaria has 20 districts:
- To district Altötting
- district bath Tölz Wolfratshausen
- district Berchtesgadener country
- district DAK-strike
- district Ebersberg
- district calibrate-corrode
- district Erding
- district freesing
- district prince-field-bridge
- district mixing part churches
- district Landsberg at the Lech
- district bad brook
- district Mühldorf A.Inn
- district Munich
- district Neuburg Schrobenhausen
- district Pfaff yards A. D. Ilm
- district rose home
- district star mountain
- district trusting stone
- district because home already gau.
- The district bath Tölz Wolfratshausen was called in the transition period of the 1. July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district bath Tölz.
- The district Berchtesgadener country was called in the transition period of the 1. July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district bath realm-resound.
- The district Neuburg Schrobenhausen was called in the transition period of the 1. July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district new castleA. D. Danube.
- The district because home already gau was called in the transition period of the 1. July 1972 up to 30. April 1973 district because home i. WHETHER.
Before the circle regional reorganization at the 1. July 1972 was divided the governmental district Upper Bavaria into three urban areasand 27 districts.
see: Administrative arrangement of the governmental district Upper Bavaria before the circle reform
the Upper Bavarian the cities and district are assigned four different planning regions: Ingolstadt, Munich, upper country and southeast Upper Bavaria.
head of the provincial government
- 1808 - 1810 Joseph Maria von Weichs (general commissioner of the Isarkreises)
- 1810 - 1819 Ferdinand Frhr. v. Creep (general commissioner of the Isarkreises)
- 1819 - 1833 Gabriel Bernhard von Widder(General commissioner and president of the government)
- 1833 - 1840 Carl count von Seinsheim (general commissioner and president of the government, starting from 1837 head of the provincial government)
- 1840 - 1847 Josef hearing man of hearing brook
- 1847 - 1848 Bernhard Frhr. of Godin
- 1848 - 1849 Theodor of Zwehl
- 1849 - 1852 William of Benning
- 1852 August Lothar count von Reigersberg
- 1853 - 1870 Phillip Frhr.von Rhine
- 1870 - 1875 Theodor of Zwehl
- 1876 - 1880 Hugo Frhr. of Hermann
- 1880 - 1882 Max Frhr. of Feilitzsch
- 1882 -1894 victory mouth Frhr. of Pfeufer
- 1894 - 1897 Dr. Friedrich of Ziegler
- 1897 - 1902 Julius of Auer
- 1902 - 1905 Josef Nikolaus knight of Schraut
- 1905 - 1917 Anton knight of Halder
- 1917 - 1924 Dr. Gustav knight ofKahr
- 1924 - 1933 Ludwig von Knözinger
- 1933 - 1934 Robert Rauck (entrusted with the line of the business)
- 1934 - 1943 Heinrich ice (of 1934 - 1940 with the line of the business entrust, starting from 18. April 1940 head of the provincial government)
- 1943 -1945 Franz Mayr
- 1945 - 1949 Ludwig Osthelder
- 1949 - 1950 Dr. Smelling pool of broadcasting corporations of ball
- 1950 - 1952 Dr. Heinrich Kneuer
- 1952 - 1962 Dr. Johann Mang
- 1962 - 1974 Dr. Adam your flax
- 1975 - 1994 Raimund Eberle
- 1994 - 2005Werner Hans Böhm
since 1. September 2005 Christoph Hillenbrand
Web on the left of
- http://www.landkreisnetz.de/OBERBAYERN/ (map)
- Sehenswürdikeiten, spare time, culture, tourism Upper Bavaria