Olympic summer games 2000
the plays of the XXVII. 15 found Olympiad of. September up to the 1. October 2000 in the Australian Sydney instead of. Sydney was entrusted 1993 with delivering. Other candidate cities were Peking, Manchester, Berlin and Istanbul.
|XXVII. Olympic summer games|
|Participating athletes|| of 10,651|
(6,582 men, 4,069 women)
|competitions||300 in 28 kinds of sport|
|opening||15. September 2000|
|conclusion celebration||1. October 2000|
|opens Peter|| Kerr (|
combat judge) by William
|Deane (|| governor general of Australia ) olympic oath|
Rechelle Hawkes (sportsman)
|olympic torch/flare||Cathy Freeman|
|3||People's Republic of China||28||16||15||59|
|7||Italy||of the 13||8||13||34|
|complete medal mirror|
table of contents
- Cathy Freeman won with its olympia victory over 400 meters as the first Aborigine medal with olympic plays. Days before it had 11 with the opening celebration as indication of the desiredAustralian reconciliation the olympic fire ignites.
- As a first woman Marion Jones ( the USA) won 5 medals at one time with the same olympic plays. Had aimed at it to win in all 5 competitions, in which it began, gold. In the long run it won three times gold and twiceBronze.
silver medal won
- outstanding sportsmen of the 17-jährige Australian Ian Thorpe in swimming 3 gold medals and, whereby it improved its world record over 400 m freestyle and with the relays over 4x200 m and 4x100 m freestyle likewise new world records set up.
- Most successful Sportlerinthe plays was the Netherlands Radfahrerin Leontien Zijlaard with three gold medals and silver medal.
- Like 1996 in Atlanta the Russian Turner Alexej Nemov with two gold , already won most medals silver and three bronze medals.
- the German Freistilringer Alexander Leipoldwas doped in Sydney. He had to return the achieved gold medal and from the olympic plays Sydney 2000 was later excluded.
- Fahnenträgerin of the German crew with the opening celebration was the Kanutin Birgit Fischer from Kleinmachnow.
- The Britisher Steve Redgrave won from 1984 in Los Angelesuntil 2000 in Sydney with all olympic plays in rudders the gold medal.
- The Kubaner Félix Savón won Teófilo Stevenson in Sydney as a third olympic sportsman after László sticks and with three sequential olympic plays in boxes the gold medal.
- With the closing ceremony Kylie Minogue steppedup and did not only sing to its Australian No. 1-Hit on A Night Like This, but also the ABBA - classical author Dancing Queen.
- Eric Moussambani, the slowest participant (1: 56), which one olympic 100-m-Freistil-Rennen each has denied - and even won -. The man outEquatorial Guinea learned to swim only in January 2000 and fought on the two 50m-Bahnen more it swam. But Eric “the Aal” did not only come into the goal - because both advance opponents were this-qualified because of false starts, it his running even had won - and was promoted toStar of the plays.
Web on the left of
- http://www.olympic.org/ - to side of the IOC to the olympic plays 2000
Athens 1896 | Paris 1900 | Pc. Louis 1904 | Athens 1906 (unofficially) | London 1908 | Stockholm 1912 | Berlin 1916 | Antwerp 1920 | Paris 1924 | Amsterdam 1928 | Los Angeles 1932 | Berlin 1936 | Tokyo 1940 | London 1944 | London 1948 | Helsinki 1952 | Melbourne 1956 | Rome 1960 | Tokyo 1964 | Mexico city 1968 | Munich 1972 | Montréal 1976 | Moscow 1980 | Of Los Angeles 1984 | Seoul 1988 | Barcelona 1992 | Atlanta 1996 | Sydney 2000 | Athens 2004 | Peking 2008 | London of 2012
Chamonix 1924 | Pc. Moritz 1928 | Lake Placid 1932 | Mixing part churches 1936 | Sapporo 1940 | Cortina d'Ampezzo 1944 | Pc. Moritz 1948 | Oslo 1952 | Cortina d'Ampezzo 1956 | Squaw Valley 1960 | Innsbruck 1964 | Grenoble 1968 | Sapporo 1972 | Innsbruck 1976 | Lake Placid 1980 | Sarajevo 1984 | Calgary 1988 | Albertville 1992 | Lillehammer 1994 | Nagano 1998 | Salt Lake town center 2002 | Turin 2006 | Vancouver 2010 | 2014