- In astronomy and geosciences the adjustment of maps, measurements or results of measurement or north or another fundamental direction.
- In the Geografie and navigation the spatial Orientation in the broadest sense, which can take place optically, acoustically or with the sense of balance, as well as astronomically, magnetically or with radio - see also the a north and detection.
- In geometry the adjustment of an object or its representation after the desired direction
- in the cognitive science those mental orientation in space, time and personnel identity.
- In mathematics the special term of the “run direction” of a vector space or a diversity: Orientation (mathematics).
- In physics generally a preferred direction as well as the special term of the “direction” (or ago) on - a dimensional line: Orientation (physics). Special case of mathematical orientation with n=1.
- In photogrammetry the calibration and adjustment of a measuring camera - see also internal and outside orientation.
- In the acousticsthe direction hearing with the human and animal hearing,
- with which also Stereofonie and Surround sound are connected.
- On world view and/or. Religion and its values based adjustment of the own life.
- The political adjustment and/or. To convicition, see orientation (politics) and opinion.
- The adjustment of the sexual interests in oneA goal - see sexual orientation.
- In behavior biology those mechanisms, with which animals argue with their environment - see orientation behavior.
Gegenbegriffe are disorientation or disorientation.
|This side is a term clarifying for the distinction of several terms named the same word.|