the Osteoporose (v. griech. ὀστέον „bones “and lat. porus „opening “) is an excessive dismantling of the bones substance, which the whole skeleton concerns. The illness is well-known therefore also as bone decrease. Typical characteristics of the Osteoporose are a reduction of the bone mass and degradation of bone architecture as well asas their consequence a reduction of bone stability. This leads to a increased danger of fractures. For the diagnosis the bone density measurement is consulted, with which the T-value is determined. This is a statistic value, a comparison of the measured bone density value the adults women young with the populationand a statement to the breakage risk makes possible. The value of the Osteoporose as illness is justified in the fractures, those predominantly the eddy bodies, which concern thigh necks and to smaller extent also the spokes. The healing of fractures with Osteoporose is not disturbed, that time frameworks is the sameas is the case for younger humans. Perhaps the consequences of the breaks can be lasting however particularly with older ones and lead to death.
The Osteoporose is first an imperceptibly running illness, however in the case of fractures, in particular with old humans, a high disease load (pain, Bettlägrigkeit,sometimes durable immobilization) means and with annually about 2.5-3 billion Euro at direct and indirect disease costs in Germany also a large economical weight has. Therefore it was set by the World Health Organization (WHO) on the list of the ten most important illnesses. It is stated by critics that thoseRe-valuation of the Osteoporose steered in the last years by the Pharmaindustrie, which wants to create a sales market for new medicines. On the other hand only the bone density can be measured reliably since approximately 1985. Only since then the disease picture before the occurrence of fractures can be seized. The measurementthe legally patient-insured must pay the bone density even, if she is made for early recognition, since it is then no achievement of the cashes.
To the measurement of the bone density (BMD - English. for bone mineral density) different techniques are available: The most common is the dual Roentgen absorptiometry (DXAor DEXA - English.binary energy x ray absorptiometry). On it be based also the definition of the WHO and with their assistance is determined the T-value. A further method represents the quantitative computer tomography (QCT). Also the measurement of the bone density by means of ultrasonic, the so-called quantitative ultrasonic (QUS) is possible.The force of expression is well occupied for DXA and QCT, whereby it is not yet completely examined for the QUS.
One differentiates between primary and secondary Osteoporose. Among the substantially more frequent primary Osteoporose the postmenopausale (or postklimakterische ) Osteoporose and the Altersosteoporose (Involutionsosteoporose) rank.
One assumes in Germany about 30% of all women get sick after the Klimakterium to primary Osteoporose. For men 70 is starting from that. Lebensjahr the Altersosteoporose a just as frequent disease picture.
Table of contents
- family assessment (used with Osteoporose)
- lack of Sexualhormonen (by a disturbancethe equilibrium between structure of bone and bone dismantling it comes to the loss at bone mass); into this group also the postmenopausale Osteoporose and a part of the Osteoporose belong with the man.
- malicious illnesses of the marrow, Plasmozytom, disease of bald, itself primarily in a fast reduction of the bone densitystrike down
- thyroid hyperactivity, excessive Cortison production of the suprarenal body crust (disease Cushing)
- disturbances of the Nebenschilddrüse Parathyreoidea
- nourishing error, thus lack of calcium and Vitamin D (calcium gives its firmness and Vitamin D to the bone regulates the admission of calcium from the food)
- lack of movement, there thosewith movement of arising maximum forces (in particular when jumping, or with suitable training with ballasts) the bone mass and above all the bone firmness (Mechanostat) tobacco smoke
- consumption of alcohol high-dose
- and regular use of certain medicines is increased such as z. B. Cortison (to the treatment of rheumatism, asthma or allergies)or Heparin (for the inhibition of the blood clotting)
- (the alternative medical profession see also in a hypothetical overacidification of the body a cause of the Osteoporose.)
- phosphorus regarded as „a calcium thief “, here comes Coca-Cola into the gossip.
braking against bone decrease
- , in particular eccentric () force training protects possibilities of treatment of the Osteoporose physical activity.Particularly effectively is also swinging on high elastic Minitrampolinen (S. Left to current study down).
- sufficient sunlight (the Vitamin D - production of the skin) increased
- calcium - promote admission (about 1 g/Tag) (basis therapy DVO)
- income (Supplementierung) with Vitamin D (Ergo and Cholecalciferol, not however Metabolite such as 1-alphaor 1.25 Dihydroxy Vitamin D (basis therapy DVO)
and Pharmakotherapie after the guidelines of the DVO:
- Bisphosphonate (Alendronat, Ibandronat and Risedronat, trade name Fosamax ® /Fosavance ®, Bonviva ® and Actonel ®)
- selective OS trough receptor modulators (SERM): Raloxifen (only to the prevention of eddy body german types)
- Ready hormone (Teriparatid = ready hormone analogue, for special indications, trade name Forsteo ®)
- strontium (permission of Protelos ® since 2004; the bone density measurements are falsified by the storage by strontium, which to the LWS (not however to prox. Femur) by application of a conversion factor partially to be compensated can)
alsoin use, however not recommended:
- Calcitonin, hardly still uses, which is not use badly occupies
- STH (growth hormone), use occupied; possibly. problematic side effects.
- Fluorides (become outdated; develops hard, but brittle bones, stability not better)
- Östrogene are limited since the criticism at the hormone spare therapy onlyfor this indication uses.
- Vitamin D Metabolite such as 1-alpha or 1.25 Dihydroxy Vitamin D (use with postmenopausaler Osteoporosis clearly does not occupy, expensively, problematic side effects; 1.25 Vitamin D (Calcitriol) are effective and indicated with certain bone illnesses in the context of advanced kidney illnesses).
- Income of cousin salt mixtures (overacidificationthe body leads to intensified bone decrease, there calcium salts as Puffersubstanzen use find.)
- magnetic field therapy: pulsating electromagnetic fields are to stimulate the structure of bone. A scientific confirmation for this does not give it.
- Vibration training - also biomechanical Stimulation: BMS was originally developed for the treatment by Russian cosmonauts: The one which can be treatedPerson stands on a vibrating plate, which vibrates in a frequency range from 20 to approximately 50 cycles per second and causes by the extension reflex muscle contractions. The forces arising with it can stimulate the bone to growth (Mechanostat).
prevention of osteoporotischer german types
an effective method,in order to prevent osteoporotischen thigh neck german types, is the use of Hüftprotektoren.
Web on the left of
- Kuratorium bone health e. V. - As per. Self-manifestation largest and oldest Non profit organization of Germany, those in the fight against the Volkskrankheit Osteoporose is actively
- www.osteoporose.de - scientific information to bones and bone decrease
- federal self-help federation forOsteoporose e. V. - Roof federation of the German Osteoporose Selbsthilfegruppen
- patient guidelines of the roof federation Osteologie (DVO)
- NDR Fernsehbericht over Osteoporose study in mark duck - the use of high elastic Minitrampolinen stops the bone decrease
|please considers you the reference to health topics!|