East Franconia realm
the east Franconia realm, since that 11. Century also as Regnum Teutonicorum (kingdom of the Germans) designation, is origin and/or. Forerunner of the holy Roman realm (HRR) of German nation. Up to beginning 12. Century was called it Regnum official francorumorientalium, which translated as many as „kingdom of eastern Franconias “or „kingdom of morgenländischen Franconias” is called.
the formation of the east Franconia realm decreases/goes back to lengthy succession conflicts of the descendants of Karl of the large one . Emperor Ludwig I., the pious one, (778 - 840) fought against its sons for the rule in the Frankish realm, which it lost at the beginning of the 830er years finally. His son Ludwig II. (the German), which already prevailed since 831 over Baiern , Thuringia , Franconia and Saxonia, took over 833 thoseRegency in the eastern part of the Frankish realm.
Afterwards it built king power and the co-operation of the trunks and/or. Master duchies within its rule range out. With the contract of Verdun 843 “Ludwig the German” introduced the east Franconia realm as independent kingdom into European history.
The name regnum francorum orientalium emerged however only later, more exactly in the year 920, than Karl of the Einfältige and Heinrich of the Vogler closed the contract of Bonn. Karl could be realm regnum francorum occidentalium to call (which translates as much as „kingdom of western Franconias “or „kingdom of the abendländischenFranconia” is called).
Differently than the romanisierte west Franconia realm the Germanic east Franconia realm - to a large extent outside of the antique Roman realm convenient - was coined/shaped by the self-consciousness of the trunks and master dukes. This remained a substantial characteristic of German history.
since that 10. Centuryeven if the east Franconia realm regnum Teutonicorum (kingdom of the popular ones, shortens on Teut) was called. This designation sat down however only in the 11. Century, thus since the Salierzeit, finally through.
The term regnum meant first „rule, rule range, Königtum “and even individual duchies became general inthis time as regnum designates. As „teutonici “(comprehensive term for the germanischsprachigen trunks) the realm was usually noticed only if an army pulled from Germanic men over the alps to Italy. Around the ruler collected themselves Friesen, (old) Saxonia, Lotharingian ones, Thüringer, Franconias, Alemannen and Baiern. Altogether seenstood the eastFrankish realm just like its successor, (holy ones ) the Roman realm in such a way specified (German nation), in a Frankish tradition and/or. that (antique) of the Roman realm.
kings of the east Franconia realm
- Ludwig II. (the German), (805/806 - 876), king since 833
- Ludwig III., the younger one, (835 - 882), king 876-882 in Franconias, Saxonia and Thuringia, since 880 also in Bavaria
- Karl III., the thickness, (839 - 888), king in Alemannien starting from 876, since 879 also king of Italy, of 882 at king of of the whole east Franconia realm (in addition Roman emperor since 881)
- Arnulf of Kärnten, (850 - 899), king since 887 (in addition Roman emperorsince 896)
- Ludwig IV., the child, (893 - 911), king since 900
- Konrad I., the younger one, (881 - 918), king since 911
- Heinrich I., the Vogler, (875/876 - 936), king since 919
- Otto I., the large one, (912 - 973), eastFrankish king since 936 (emperor of the holy of Roman realm (HRR) since 962)