Meitinger is son residents of Munich of the advice of building of cities Karl Meitinger. After the Abitur it studied residence at the TH at that time Munich architecture and attained a doctorate with a work for the building history of the residents of Munich. 1953 it was appointed as the executive committee of the residence board of works and led the reconstruction of the residents of Munich residence nearly completely destroyed in the war. Among other things its employment is the reconstruction of the Antiquariums, realms the rooms to owe to the yard chapel and the vault. In time to the 800-jährigen city anniversary of Munich 1958 could be again-established also the Cuvilliéstheater, although in other place.
Starting from 1963 it led then the building department of the Max-Planck company. 1976 it was appointed as the professor for draft and care of monuments at the technical University of Munich. 1987 took place the choice to the president of the technical University of Munich, which remained he up to its retirement in the year 1995.
To 7. November 2005 he was appointed Munich honour citizens.
acquaintance architecture work Meitingers
- residence, Munich
- Palazzo twitching air, Rome
- mansion Hammerschmidt, Bonn
- chewing LBA CH mansion, Munich
- lock Bellevue, Berlin
- Marstallplatz, Munich
- of Bavarian Maximiliansorden for science and art
- of Bavarian earnings/service medals
- Order of Merit
- Bene Merenti of the Bavarian academy of the sciences
- Commandeurkreuz of the French Ehrenlegion
- knight cross of the papal Silversterordens
- culture price Munich shines in gold
- honour citizen of the city Munich
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Otto Meitinger in the catalog of the DDB
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German architect, university president and monument conservator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||8. May 1927|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|