|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|governmental district:||Upper Franconia|
|surface:||100.03 km ²|
|inhabitants:||14.330 (31. December 2002)|
|Population density:||143 Einwohner/km ²|
|height:||425 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||91257|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 49° 45 ' 32 " N, 11° 32 ' 42 " O 49° 45 ' 32 " N, 11° 32 ' 42 " O
|city arrangement:||36 local parts|
| address |
of the city administration:
| Main street 37|
|mayor:||Manfred Thümmler (CSU)|
Table of contents
Pegnitz lies in the region Upper Franconia east.
The following Gemarkungen exist: Bronn, bake-strike, beech brook, Elbe PUCB suppl., Hainbronn, Körbeldorf, Leups, Pegnitz, Penzenreuth, Trockau, Troschenreuth, Veldensteinerforst, Zips, plank rock.
the local parts of Pegnitz are
Pegnitz developed from two settlements. The one became as brandenburgisches Lehen to the Begenz in the charter of foundation of the monastery Michelfeld of 6. May 1119 mentions for the first time documentary. From 1293 the form Begniz is delivered and starting from 1329 then the today's name. 1347 - 1355 created the land counts von Leuchtenberg in the protection of a castle then the plan city Pegnitz again. 1355 received these from emperor Karl IV. municipal rights lent. With the other settlement, it grew the old part of town only forwards approx. 100 years together.
1357 - 1402 belonged the city Pegnitz to the Kingdom of Böhmen, that today still the name of the castle Böheimstein reminds. By Wenzel, the son emperor Karl IVTH, 1402 at Johann III., the hohenzollernschen castle counts von Nürnberg, pawned, Pegnitz remained over the centuries in hohenzollernschem possession, since the böhmische crown could not redeem the pledge.
The former Obervogtamt of the 1792 Prussian Principality of Bayreuth become fell with this in peacetime of Tilsit 1807 at France. With the principality Bayreuth was placed it first under French military administration and handed over to 1810 against a financial remuneration to the Kingdom of Bavaria.
due to the result of the local election of the 3. The 24 seats of the town councillor distribute themselves March 2002 as follows:
- Economics and infrastructure
- [work on]
- economics as well as land
- and forestry 1998 gave
of 7 seats FWG
to 1 seat alliance 90/Die the Green
[work on] after the official statistics within the range of the land and forestry 41, in the producing trade 2658 and within the range trade and traffic 657 liable to social security persons employed at the work place. In other economic sectors 1386 persons were liable to social security busy at the work place. Liable to social security person employed at the residence gave it altogether to 4969. In the processing trade there were 2 enterprises, in the building main trade of 9 enterprises.
- primary school
- Christian Sammet hauptschule
- six-form high school
- High School with pupil home (UNESCO Projektschule)
- Bavarian national law school
- Staatl. Hotel management school
- Staatl. Vocational school
- Technical High School for euro hotel management
- video home system Pegnitz
leisure and sports sites
- Konrad Löhr leisure center (heated open-rir swimming pool)
- Hans scrubbing flax natatorium (indoor swimming pool)
- not considered art ice-skating stadium, where the EV Pegnitz Ice Dogs plays.
- public library Pegnitz
- agricultural didactic exhibition
- forest and beekeeper path
- water-economical didactic exhibition
culture and objects of interest
- medieval city hall of 1347
- Zaussenmühle of 1450 with the Pegnitzquelle
- lock mountain with observation tower
- water mountain with Karstwunder
- city parish church pc. Bartholomäus (builds 1900)
Pegnitz “Flinderer” is well-known for its Weihnachtsmarkt and particularly because of the strong beer time. Here exclusively for this time a strong beer is brewed, which is poured out in the weekly change in different restaurants. In addition then a urige Frankish kitchen belongs.
Web on the left of
- Pegnitz (city): Coat of arms history of the HdBG
- EV Pegnitz
- camera museum - collection short deaf
- kind index: Hundred-water & colleague
- newspaper: NorthBavarian courier
maple valley | Aufsess | Bath Berne-hit a corner in the Fichtelgebirge | Betzenstein | Bind-laugh | Bishop-green | Creussen | Eckersdorf | Emtmannsberg | Fichtelberg | Gefrees | Gesees | Glassworks | Gold crown oh | Hague | Heinersreuth | Hollfeld | Hummeltal | Church pin garden | Mehlmeisel | Mistelbach | Mistelgau | Pegnitz | Plank rock | Plech | Pottenstein | Prebitz | Schnabelwaid | Seybothenreuth | Memory village | Waischenfeld | Warm stone oh | Pasture mountain