pharmacy or Pharmazeutik is a natural science, which is concerned with the condition, effect, examination, the production and delivery of medicaments. Pharmacy unites thereby aspects from other natural sciences, particularly from chemistry and biology.
Table of contents
the the subject of the subject belonged to the oldest academic training subjects (Materia Medica), as independent discipline is today's pharmacy however a relatively recent science,only in 17. /18. Century slowly developed.
Only in 18. Private pharmaceutical institutes as a result of the clearing-up, which - additionally to the traditionally relating to crafts, developed for century - the scientific training of the pharmacists took over. In 19. Century became gradually inthe German countries the study for pharmacists prescribed (since 1875 realm-uniformly). Since the 1920er years separated university pharmacy from the chemical institutes and it independent institutes were established. The time table of the pharmacy study is in the license to practise medicine order for pharmacist (AAppO)specified. Emphasis is chemistry (approx. 40%), those remaining fan are about in equal parts weighted.
modern pharmacy is divided into the following ranges:
- pharmaceutical chemistry covers the science of the chemical structure (and of themRelationship with the effect), synthesis, characteristics, stability and analytics (identity, purity, content) of effect and auxiliary materials, as well as pollutants. Pharmacy differentiates between analytics of the pure medicine or active substance (medicine material analytics) and medicament analytics.
- pharmaceutical biologyconcerns itself with the biological bases of pharmacy, the use of biological sources - for instance medicinal plants, drugs, with their contents materials - for the development of effective medicaments. In the last years the topic area became genetic around molecular-biological bases and manufactured medicine materials extends.
- the pharmaceutical technology (in former times Galenik) is the science of the medicine form, i.e. it concerns itself with the production of tablets, caps, Zäpfchen, juices etc. Here is the interaction of the active substance with the usedAuxiliary materials, e.g. when pressing tablets, of importance
- the pharmacology and toxicology covers physiology and pathophysiology as well as the effect of medicine materials and poisons in the human body.
- clinical pharmacy (since 2001 test subject at German universities)
is a bridge between scienceand pharmaceutical practice attach. Although in the USA and Great Britain already for decades establishes, it had to be established clinical pharmacy in Germany very heavily as pharmaceutical discipline. With clinical pharmacy that does not stand contrary to the pharmacologyActive substance, but the patient in the center.
training further possibilities
- at some universities knows after conclusion of the 3. State examination a thesis (diploma) to be worked on. This takes 6 months and locks with the title Dipl. - Pharmazeut.
- In addition can after conclusion of the 3.State examination a graduation to the Dr. rer. nat. are begun. The graduation takes usually 3-5 years and improves the chance to get a job in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Following the license to practise medicine a further training can take place to the specialized pharmacist.The further training e.g. gives it. to the pharmacist for Offizin pharmacy (public pharmacy), clinical pharmacy, medicament information, pharmaceutical technology or pharmaceutical analytics. The training further time amounts to usually 3 years. A discussion forms the conclusion.
- Fischer,Dagmar; Width brook, Jörg (Hrsg.):The Pharmaindustrie - view, look through, perspectives. 2003. ISBN 3-8274-1374-5
- Hunnius - pharmaceutical dictionary/Hunnius, Curt. - 9. , again treatment. and erw. Aufl. /hrsg. of Hermann P. T. Ammon. - Berlin: de Gruyter, 2004. ISBN of 3-11-017475-8
- study leaders pharmacy/of Heidrun Eckner; Juliane of the Greens; Adriane Jorek. - 1. Aufl. - Stuttgart: Wiss. Verlagsges., 2002. ISBN 3-8047-1904-X
|Wiktionary: Pharmacy - word origin, synonyms and translations|