of the Pharynx [ˈfaːʁʏŋks] (lat. „Throat “or „throat “) is an extension lined with mucous membrane following the mouth - and nasal cavity with humans and the remaining vertebrate animals. It is thereby part both the digesting system and the breathing apparatus.
The human Pharynx is more strongly curved than with many other mammals, whereby the danger „of swallowing becomes larger “.
Table of contents
of the oral cavity is defined the Pharynx by the tongue reason and by the palate elbow (Arcus palatoglossus). The entrance of the nasal cavity takes place via the Choanen.
The exit from the Pharynx leads into
of the throats subdivided in
- the mouth throat (Pars oralis pharyngis), also Oropharynx or Mesopharynx
- nose throats (Pars NASA-read pharyngis), also Nasopharynx or Epipharynx)
- throat throat (Pars laryngea pharyngis) and
- the esophagus forecourt (Vestibulum esophagi or Pars esophagea pharyngis)
into the nose throat tubae auditivae also the ear trumpet flows with the Ostium pharyngeum. Between mouth and nose throats the soft palate ( Palatum molle or Velum palatinum) lies. One itself to it following mucous membrane fold, the Arcus palatopharyngeus, the so-called Ostium intrapharyngeum.
of the throats is of a mucous membrane lined, which is provided in the range of the nose throat with flare epithelium cells and cup cells. In the mucous membrane of the throat there are accumulations of lymphatic fabric, the almonds. The individual almonds form the Waldeyer throat ring in their whole.
The mucous membrane outside lying close muscle layer (Tunica muscularis) consists of transversetouched musculature. Functionally one differentiates thereby:
- several Schlundkopfschnürer (Musculi of constrictores pharyngis) and
- a Schlundkopferweiterer (Musculus stylopharyngeus caudalis).
blood supply and innervation
the blood supply are made by branches of the Arteria carotid externa.
the most important illnesses of the throat are: