the physiology (v. griech. φύση, phýsis “nature” and. λόγος, lógos “the teachings, reason”; griech.: φυσιολογία) is concerned with the physical, biochemical and information-processing functions of the organisms. The term became of Jean François Fernel (1497 -1558) coined/shaped. Physiologically and are trained both in the academic fields biology and medicine research.
Table of contents
the main areas the physiology
the spheres of activity of the physiology is as variously as those of the life sciences generally speaking, whereby however the view in the field of activity physiology of the dynamics of biological procedures and their causal connectionsis arranged; it describes thus rather changes as static conditions. The most important tools, experimental assemblies and measuring procedures in the field of activity physiology come from physics and chemistry.
According to the traditional arrangement of biology there are the two main topics plant physiology in the field of activity Botanik and animal physiology in the field of activity Zoologie. The physiology of humans stands from view of biology apart from the animal physiology; in the medicine it is its own field of activity.
Once the emphasis fixed, become in the physiology in the differentEven various ranges regards. Examples of it are:
- Enzyme reactions and hormoneal automatic control loops
- respiration and digesting,
- sensory perceptions and the functions of the brain.
Also diseased conditions are examined: The pathophysiology is also again more at dynamic developments than onbare description of condition interests.
At German universities the physiology of humans is usually resident at the medical faculties and counts with biochemistry, anatomy and psychology,as well as the three natural sciences biology, chemistry and physics to the before-clinical subjects, which represent physics around also a national intermediate test in the framework.
different ones physiological Unterthemen and areas
- cell physiology
- muscle physiology
- motor systems
- neuro physiology
- general physiology of the cerebral cortex
- general sense physiology
- bases of physiological regulation processes
- vegetative nervous system
- functions of the blood
- mechanics of the heart action
- excitation physiology of the heart. Container system and cycle regularization
- lungs respiration
- inhaled gas transport and acid Basen status of the blood
- fabric respiration
- Energy and heat balance, temperature control
- work -, sport -, environmental physiology
- age and aging
- functions of the kidney
- water and electrolyte household
- functions of the Magen-Darm-Kanals
the specialist for physiology
over in Germanyafter an final medicine study as a specialist for physiology to become active, it requires a four years old training further time. On these one year in another medical field of activity can be taken into account.
- at the 1. January 2001 were in the FRG162 specialists for physiology registers, from whom sieve were established. 47 did not exercise a medical activity.
- Ernst Schubert: Physiology of humans. Sketch for medical specialized occupations. Publishing house scientific Scripten, Zwickau 2002 ISBN 3-928921-79-7
- Rainer handle, Hans Christian Pape,Stefan Silbernagl (Hrsg.):Text book of the physiology. 5. Aufl. Thieme, Stuttgart 2005 ISBN 3-13-796003-7
- Robert F. Schmidt, Gerhard Thews, Florian long (Hrsg.): Physiology of humans. 28. Aufl. Springer, Berlin 2000 (Springer text book) ISBN 3-540-66733-4
- Stefan Silbernagl, Agamemnon Despopoulos: Bag Atlas thatPhysiology. 5. Aufl. Thieme, Stuttgart 2001 ISBN 3-13-567705-2
- Gerhard Thews, Peter Vaupel: Vegetative physiology 4. Aufl. Springer publishing house Berlin Heidelberg 2001 ISBN 3-54-067791-7
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: Physiologist - word origin, synonyms and translations|