|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Schleswig-Holstein|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 54° 18 ' N, 09° 40 ' O 54° 18 ' N, 09° 40 ' O
|height:||5-10 m and. NN|
|surface:||23.72 km ²|
|inhabitants:||28.469 (30.June 2005)|
|Population density:||1,200 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip codes:||24755 - 24768|
|municipality key:||01 0 58 135|
|address of the city administration:|| At the High School 4|
|mayor:||Andreas Breitner (SPD)|
Table of contents
by Rendsburg the Eider flows. The city is seat of the district administration of the circle Rendsburg Eckernförde. Next larger cities are Kiel 32 km east, Flensburg 65 km north, Husum (west coast) 58 km northwest, Eckernförde(East coast) 25 km northeast, Luebeck 94 km southeast and Hamburg 103 km south.
In direct proximity of Rendsburg are the nature parks Hüttener of mountains (10 km), west lake (20 km) and Aukrug (15 km). Rendsburg is because of one in May 2004opened new routistic holidays road: The German route - from Bremervörde to Kiel - connects approximately 50 different ferries, bridges, air-locks, barriers and maritime museums.
The Rendsburger high-level bridge was manufactured between 1911 and 1913 from steel. Over this railway- High-level bridge over the northeast ship canal is completed almost the entire north south railway traffic in Schleswig-Holstein. From the railway bridge down travelers enjoy the best overview of the city and the usually-traveled artificial water way of the world. Under the bridge one finds one to that Germany far twofrom world-wide eight Schwebefähren.
Despite only smallest war-conditioned effects and damage (1939 to 1945) the district town of the old district remained Rendsburg almost invariably in its grown built volumes and building history complete. Thus was opened both for the citizenand the visitor an circle-urban Kleinod with German and Danish past, which made years attentive from history concerning town construction into the 1950er inside particularly by three (quarter) ranges on itself:
the old part of town along the upper and Untereider alsothe center around the Marienkirche, the Altstädter market and the ship bridge place.
the new city, the so-called new work, comprehensively those south the Untereider convenient baroque urban extension with the parade place lain central herein, the garrison church (in the meantime renamed in Christian church) and the arsenal.
thosehistorisierend road courses put on as well as development areas along the geschleiften barrier and attachment concerning. Explicitly here barracks plants, citizen and administration buildings of the wilhelminischen era.
Cities grow, them change, because the time (EN) continues - without question a phenomenon, around which nobody comes aroundand which without omit his continuation will have. And nevertheless: in the 1960er and 1970er years fell the city and its townscape the consciousness of a desired and intended modernization of the townscape to the victim. The grey spirit of the time of wash and Sichtbetonalso in this city his crushing introduction had held. Verantwortlichern the city fathers developed an inconsiderate new traffic management, which always destroyed the old and not less valuable built volumes in many places. It is sufficiently well-known that the outline pears of the 1960er and early1970er years in many German large, central and towns assign more destroyed, than it was able the bomb terror a generation before. However and gives there was no cause to assume that Rendsburg would have developed differently or more badly, would be one at that timemore carefully and with somewhat more fine feelings to “other “or urban advancement “improves “near-gone.
Thus within the range of buildings and building complexes for example always were lost the Train barracks, old persons the High School, the getting EN school, the old savings bank, the old fire station,Green `s hotel and besides the station hotel, the old catholic church, the old district hospital and the old prison as well as some houses, which stood only in the way and thereby wanted were robbed of their regulation. As structure concerning town construction have themselves in feature andStyle almost 100% changes the baron and gentleman road, the blank place as well as the Roggeplatz (formerly station free area), the young remote stairs, the getting road and the material yard route. Technical achievements like for example the swing bridge over the northeast ship canal and the gas tanks of public utilities are likewise(the latter only recently) please the outline to the victim.
Almost all during good conception and idea giving of a new and quite also modern regulation could have been handed over to destroyed being incumbent on shanks specified here. Not always the spirit of the time is at missing debt, also thatNon--wools carries and/or. it contributed to the fact that a city always lost such as Rendsburg parts of its history, parts of its face and parts of its roots. The insight of more careful handling about reorganization came late, and for this city occasionallyvery late - nevertheless however further outline plans were then put to the documents, so that today nevertheless still any old opinions to the visitor remained. Gaps developed for nothing the defiance, which pain-do to that, this city still in old formto become acquainted with was allowed. That white around the lost (n) structure (EN), and that remembers the tears at the sight of the outline of large, old and stadtverwurzelter houses, which once also constituted this city.
Rendsburg lies to both sides of the Northeast ship canal in the midst of Schleswig-Holstein. The largest part of Rendsburgs is on the northern side. The port of Rendsburg is the most important port in the process of the northeast ship canal.
in the clockwise direction, beginning in the north: Fockbek, alto Duvenstedt, Rickert, Büdelsdorf, chess rope village, Osterrönfeld and Westerrönfeld. All municipalities belong to the circle Rendsburg Eckernförde.
- 1250 an arbitral tribunal of “twelve ritterbürtigen men” explain the affiliation of the city to Holstein.
- 1287 in the reconstruction after the city fire of 1286 are established the Marienkirche. (Toin 15. Century inside was afflicted several times Rendsburg by conflagrations, which made extensive reconstruction necessary again and again).
- 1339 count Gerhard the large one of Holstein Rendsburg confirm the Rendsburger municipal law and leave to Rendsburg expanded Ländereien.
- 1460 Rendsburg becomes into the rule range Denmark under king Christian I., Duke integrated by Schleswig and count von Holstein.
- 1536 - 1540 plant of a Umwallung under Christian III., King of Denmark and duke by Schleswig and Holstein.
- 1566 building of a city hall at the AltstädterMarket finally.
- End of 16. Century the Rendsburger lock is developed. (1718 abort of the lock plant).
- 1627 - 1629 in the process of the dreissigjährigen war (1618 - 1648) stands the city under imperial-German rule.
- 1644/1645 Rendsburgby Swedish troops one occupies and one besieges a little later again heavily.
- Continuing military allocation receives and becomes 1665 Rendsburg garrison town.
- 1669 - 1673 first large building of fortresses under the Danish major general Henrik Ruse.
- starting from 1690 second large extension buildingunder the Danish major general Jobst would scold. In the course of this building of fortresses 1691 the abort of the village Vinzier ( “Vindeshier “) takes place, the Kampener church and some parts of Büdelsdorf. Establishment of the “crowning work” in the northwest and the “new work” inSouthwest as components of the fortification.
- 1700 inauguration of the Christian church in new work after five-year construction period.
- 1765 a privilege give permission for the enterprise of the “Rendsburgi Fayance Fabrique “, whose high-quality faience goods find paragraph beyond the borders.
- 1777 - 1784 Building of the Schleswig Holsteini channel (“Eiderkanal “).
- 1808 “non-profit weekly paper for Rendsburg and the surrounding area” - 1. Expenditure at the 1. January; Feature way weekly.
- 1813/1814 around the turn of the year become Rendsburg in the process of the Napoleoni wars of Sweden and Russia besieges.
- 1827 establishment of ironworks together with foundry on the Vorwerksgelände in Büdelsdorf: The “Carl hut “. At that time largest iron processing enterprise of Northern Germany.
- 1845 opening of the railway line Rendsburg new cathedral by the “Rendsburg Neumünster railway company “.
- 1848 Rendsburgbecomes center of the collection against Denmark. 5. April: Introduction of Prussian troops.
- 1850 explosion of the “laboratory”, a building complex for ammunition production and - storage.
- 1852 - stands for 1881 Rendsburg again under Danish national sovereignty. - Beginning of sharpening the fortress works crowning workand old part of town. The fills going thereby to lead to drastic changes in the townscape.1853: Outline crowning workers of the gate in the northwest, 1855: Outline of the Schleswiger of gate in the north, 1856: Outline Alt-Holsteiner of the gate in the east, 1881: OutlineNeu-Holsteiner of the gate (“king gate”) in the southwest.
- 1861 the “institute for gas illuminating “takes up its enterprise and supplies the Gaslaternen in the city.
- 1864 after the war against Austria and Prussia step Denmark in the “peace of Vienna “among other thingsthe duchy Holstein off.
- 1865 sound Gasteiner convention are Rendsburg for the development as federal fortress, to the safety device of the border of the German federation to Denmark, intended. Because of the outbreak of the German war and the 1866 took place dissolution of the GermanFederation did not come it however any longer to the execution of this resolution.
- 1867 Schleswig-Holstein become Prussian province.
- 1876 establishment of the “chemical fertilizer factory Rendsburg ", at that time largest industrial enterprise of the city.
- 1895 opening of the emperor William channel (today “northeast ship canal “or” keel Kiel “) aftereight-year old construction period. The power station finished placed goes to the net.
- To 1905 establishment threw “Nobiskrug”.
- 1913 opening of the 1911 Rendsburger begun high-level bridge over the channel with its Schwebefähre running under it, the probably most salient building of the city. Are enough for 2.5 kmStructural steelwork to the landmark the Rendsburgs and one of the important technical thinking marks of Germany became.
- 1938 in the Reichspogromnacht of 9. November on the 10. November is partially heavily damaged the Rendsburger synagog, center of the Jewish municipality life, by an explosive device.
- 1939 enforced sale of the synagog and the former Thora - school to the National Socialist ruling powers. 1933 if still about 30 Jews lived in Rendsburg, then the Jewish municipality became by emigrations , to dive in the unlawfulness, Deportationen and Suizid completely to 1942dissolved. Today the Jewish museum Rendsburg and Dr. are - Bamberger house in the former synagog and school.
- 1939 - 1945 and afterwards in the Second World War Rendsburg from direct war effects are exempted to a large extent. Like everywhere in Schleswig-Holstein, however the accommodation throwsnon-resident persons (prisoner of war, forced laborer, wounded and refugees) multilayered and large problems up. The number of inhabitants rises from 20.000 to 37.000.
- 1945 8. May: The city will hand over officially to the British troops. Affiliation to the British zone of occupation.
- off 1952 creation of new dwelling, mainly in the northwest of the city (“Mastbrook”).
- 1955 abolition of the British crew right.
- 1956 by the inauguration of a sewage purification plant the conditions for full drains of all households in Rendsburg are created.
- 1961 inauguration of the canal tunnel and quiet putting of the swing bridgeover the northeast ship canal.
- 1965 completion of the pedestrian tunnel under the northeast ship canal.
- 1970 in the course of the regional reorganization develop the circle Rendsburg Eckernförde. Rendsburg remains seat of the district administration.
- 1989 the formerly used main arsenal at the parade place, which “high arsenal”, inaugurated as urban cultural center.
- 1991 opening of the “museums in the cultural center arsenal ".
- , Its 100-jähriges operating anniversary commits 1995 the northeast ship canal, one of the most important location factors Rendsburgs.
- The 800-jährige city anniversary celebrates 1999 Rendsburg with one year of full activities.
- 2006 mayors Breitner presents a new city draft “for further800 years ", after which the old city centre to 2015 is restored and converted.
coat of arms
description: The Stadtwappen shows a red, free standing brick castle in silver over alternating silver and blue waves. This has a tin wall and three,with blue pointed roofs provided tin towers, from which the middle is somewhat higher and broader. Furthermore the brick castle has an open gate, in which the holsteinische coat of arms - in red the silver Nesselblatt - is located.
Meaning:At the place, at thattoday the city Rendsburg is, was in former times the castle Reinoldesburch. It is reflected in the representative castle in the coat of arms again. The water represented in the coat of arms symbolizes the river Eider, which flows by Rendsburg.
the predominant majority of the Rendsburger are Evangelical-Lutheran. Besides municipalities of the catholic church, are free municipalities as well as Muslims and Jews to the Danish church.
- Christian church Rendsburg Neuwerk(Ev. - luth.)
- pc. Marien (Ev. - luth.)
- pc. Jürgen (Ev. - luth.)
- Bugenhagenkirche (Ev. - luth.), belongs to municipality pc. Marien
- pc. Martin (Rome. - kath.)
- pc. Michael (Rome. - kath.)
- Rendsborg Danske Kirke
- Evangelist-freechurch Baptistengemeinde
|CDU||of 15 seats|
|modern Rendsburg||of 4 seats|
|sum||of 31 seats|
partnerships between cities and -
a partnership between cities and/or a city friendship maintains friendships the city Rendsburg with the following cities:
- Lancaster (united kingdom, since 1950, partnership)
- Vierzon (France, since 1954, partnership)
- Aalborg (Denmark, since 1967, partnership)
- Haapsalu (Estonia, since 1989, partnership)
- Kristianstad (Sweden, since 1992, partnership)
- Skien (Norway, since 1995, partnership)
- Rathenow (Germany, since 1989, partnership)
- Almere (the Netherlands, since 1994, friendship)
- Piteå (Sweden, since 1978, friendship)
- circle Racibórz (Poland, since 1995, friendship)
the indicated numbersare approximate numbers and can vary (conditions: 09.2004).
|Train||number of students|
|Claus Siljaks school, promotion school:||128|
|Heinrich De Haan school, promotion school:||122|
|school Mastbrook, primary school:||217|
|school new work, primary school:||235|
|school Obereider, primary school:||165|
|school old part of town, reason and. Hauptschule:||347|
|school Nobiskrug, reason and. Hauptschule:||270|
|Train red yard, reason and. Hauptschule:||424|
|Christian Timm school, six-form high school:||769|
|Herderschule, High School:||878|
|Helene long High School:||1,030|
|High School crowning work:||814|
|Ejderskolen, Danish school:||239|
|free Rudolf Steiner School:||403|
|vocational school for trade technique agriculture:||2.900|
|vocational school for economics and socio-economics:||2.000|
Resuming educational facilities
- AKAD - professional school Rendsburg
Rendsburg is because of the German route.
At the parade place a monument reminds of Uwe Jens Lornsen.
Jewish museum in the Dr.Bamberger house
railway high-level bridge over the northeast ship canal with one from world-wide 8 Schwebefähren
ship greeting plant
- weekly weekly market also called over 50 Beschickern at the parade place, ship bridge place and
- lock place annual city celebration, Rendsburger autumn
- of annual E.ON Hanse Cup (international figure eight running in the rudder haven)
- annual agricultural technical and consumer fair NORLA
- annual garden exhibition FLORA
- of annual Weihnachtsmarkt
- annual child week in the high arsenal “Snubbelwoche” (organizer: Free Rudolf Steiner School and city Rendsburg)
of sons and daughters of the city
- Irmingard Schewe Gerigk, German politician
Web on the left of
- on-line city magazine
- official homepage of the city Rendsburg
- city magazine Rendsburg
- ship greeting plant worth knowing approximately around the northeast ship canal
figure eight resistance | Awl field | Old Duvenstedt | Old person yard | Old person wood | Arpsdorf | Ascheffel | Aukrug | Saving universe | Saving EDT | Barkelsby | Beldorf | Bendorf | Beringstedt | Until lake | Being lake | Blumenthal | Böhnhusen | Bokel | On-board cross-beam | Borrowing village sea-village | Borrowing EDT | Fount-gotten | Bovenau | Brammer | Bredenbek | Mash wood | Brekendorf | Brinjahe | Brodersby | Brügge | Büdelsdorf | Bünsdorf | Christian cross-beam | Lady village | Damp | Dänischenhagen | Dätgen | Dörphof | Eckernförde | Ehndorf | Iron village | Ellerdorf | Elsdorf Westermühlen | Embühren | Emkendorf | Field | Felm | Fleckeby | Flintbek | Fockbek | Friedrichsgraben | Friedrichsholm | Gammelby | GET peat | Gnutz | Gokels | Goosefeld | Grauel | Grevenkrug | Largely Buchwald | Largely Vollstedt | Largely joke lake | Güby | Haale | Haby | Hamdorf | Hamweddel | Hanerau Hademar | Hate moorland | Heinkenborstel | Yard field | High west EDT | Hohn | Getting lake | Holzbunge | Wood village | Refuges | Hummelfeld | Huts | Year village | Jevenstedt | Karby | Small joke lake | King hill | Kosel | Krogaspe | Kronshagen | Bent-wipe | Long whisk | Lindau | Lohe Föhrden | Loop | Loose | Luhnstedt | Lütjenwestedt | Meezen | Melsdorf | Mielkendorf | Molfsee | Mörel | Mühbrook | Negenharrie | New village fount stone | Again Duvenstedt | Neuwittenbek | Nienborstel | Nindorf | Noer | Nortorf | Nübbel | Oldenbüttel | Old huts | Osdorf | East field (Rendsburg) | Osterby | Osterrönfeld | East first EDT | Ottendorf | Owschlag | Padenstedt | Prince moorland | Quarnbek | Rade b. High west EDT | Rade b. Rendsburg | Reesdorf | Remmels | Rendsburg | Rickert | Rieseby | Rodenbek | Rumohr | Chess rope village | Almost lake | Schinkel | Schmalstede | Schönbek | Beautiful refuge | Schülldorf | Schülp b. Nortorf | Schülp b. Rendsburg | Sweden-hit a corner | Sea-field | Seeing EDT | Sophienhamm | Sören | Stafstedt | Steenfeld | Beach | Tackesdorf | Groping village | Techelsdorf | Thaden | Thumby | Timmaspe | Todenbüttel | Tüttendorf | Waabs | Wapelfeld | Warder | Wasbek | Wattenbek | West lake | Westerrönfeld | Windeby | Winnemark