|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Thuringia|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 51° 18 ′ N, 11° 26 ′ O 51° 18 ′ N, 11° 26 ′ O
|height:||119 m and. NN|
|surface:||33.42 km ²|
|inhabitants:||6.142 (30. June 2005)|
|Population density:||184Inhabitant for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||06571|
|Kfz characteristics:||KYF (old: KIND)|
|municipality key:||16 0 65 061|
|city arrangement:||3 local parts|
|address of the city administration:|| At the vineyard 24|
|mayor:||Rainer Heuchel (SPD)|
Table of contents
the following municipalities border on the city Rossleben (in the clockwise direction, of the north beginning): Transverse ford (district Merseburg Querfurt, Saxonia-Anhalt), Memleben (castle district, Saxonia-Anhalt), Wiehe, Donndorf, Nausitz, going furnace, Kalbsrieth and Heygendorf (all Kyffhäuserkreis, Thuringia).
the city Rossleben consists of the following 3 local parts:
Rossleben lies inan area of light precipitation.
- Amount of precipitation: July/August: rd.54 l/m ², November: 25 l/m ²
- annual averages 525 l/m ²
- 880 - 899 - in the monastery Hersfeld the Hersfelder tenth listing is noted. Here Rossleben is documentary mentioned for the first time as „Rostenleba “.
- 1140 - donated count Ludwig von Wippra andits wife Mathilde a Augustiner monk monastery - with the Andreas church. The confirmation by Pope Innocens II. took place 1142.
- 1177 - the sources speak of Rusteleva (hereditary property of a Rusto). The red yard, the today's Evangelist Pfarre, is brought hereby in connection.
- 1250 - that becomesAugustinerkloster converted into a Cistercian interior monastery.
- 1342 - 1345 - the Thuringian count wars take place, which lost the Mr. von Orlamünde. After this time the counts von Rossleben are not any longer mentioned. Wendelstein falls to the Mr. von Witzleben.
- 1549 - assigns Heinrich ofJoke life on Wendelstein, his supervisor Georg Fabricius to furnish in the Rosslebener monastery a Knabenschule.
- 1554 - rector Isaak fist with 40 boys took up the school teaching.
- 1597 - many inhabitants of the place become victims of the plague.
- 2. April 1686 - a major fire destroys nearly thatwhole village. 17 buildings got over the fire. Among them were the monastery mill and the Andreas church.
- 14. May 1732 - the new-arranged monastery school takes the training enterprise.
- 12. June 1770 - a large fire destroys a large part of the place. The church, the monastery school and the parsonage buildingremain however spared.
- 1851 - the first Rosslebener sugar factory develops at the eastern local exit. From it the Dampfsägewerk Meitz became later and/or. the shoe factory.
- 1895 - which appears first Rosslebener newspaper.
- since 1889 - Rossleben has also its own station.
- 1857/1858 - a second sugar factorydevelops between Rossleben and Bottendorf.
- 15. June 1903 - one begins with the Abteufen of the Rosslebener of potash pit.
- 1905 - one counts already 72 independent craftsmen in Rossleben.
- 1912 - the municipality builds a water pipeline. Electric current, which produces road in the Dampfsägewerk in Wendelsteinerbecomes, provides for the economic upswing.
- 1921 - the sugar factory is afflicted by a major fire.
- 1926 - which Postkutsche replaced between Rossleben and Wiehe by a post office car.
- 1927 - the first girl visits the monastery school.
- 1939 - a caustic solution break-down brings the potash dismantling until 1946 to succumbing.
- 1962 - 1964 - to total reconstruction of the Kaliwerkes - extension of the capacity - many workers pull after Rossleben. Develop over 1000 new dwellings.
- 1976 - form Rossleben, Wiehe, Langenroda and Donndorf the local authorities association „for Unstruttal “, which was dissolved 1990.
- Starting from 1990 - Denationalizationthe national property, locking of the Kaliwerkes and all industrial companies in Rossleben. Reconstruction of the economy in the trade area.
- 1992/1993 - Lingel shoe factory becomes education center. The reconstruction of the monastery school is locked.
- 1994 - which new municipality coats of arms confirmed.
- 1995 - Rossleben becomes fulfilling municipality for Bottendorf and Schönewerda.
- 1996 - The new fire-brigade depot is inaugurated. Minister of economics Schuster gives the prelude for the new locking of the potash area.
- 1997 - First rose on Mondays removal.
- 1999 - Rossleben becomes unit municipality with the localities Bottendorf and Schönewerda. Grant of town status to 17. June in the monastery school.
- 2000 - Unification of the administrationto a range and a budget.
- 2004 - The monastery school Rossleben celebrates their 450. Anniversary in the context of a large commemorative event. In the context of this meeting the restored Mittelrisalit is opened and to Prime Minister Althaus gives a speech solemn.
development of the number of inhabitants (31. December):
1994 to 1998 (without local parts) 1999 to 2004 (with local parts)
- data source: ThüringerNational office for statistics
the population trend runs as altogether in the district negative. The way courses due to the weak structure and the obsolescence cannot be compensated by influxes. With this trend in the near future a further municipality regional reorganization is to be expected. The neighbour city Wiehe registers a something similarNegative trend, a union would be in the near future conceivable.
allocation of seats in the town councillor (20 seats, choice 2004):
culture and objects of interest
- Monastery school Rossleben one of the oldest educational facilities of Germany.
- Homeland house Rossleben
- Kupferhütte Bottendorf rural tourism for touching.
- Goals in the closer environment:
- Monastery ruin Memleben a historicalpregnant place of the Ottonen.
- Model course Wiehe the second largest model course of Europe.
- Mill coffee Langenroda a beautiful coffee in a reconstructed support windmill.
- Monastery Donndorfa reconstructed building complex on the ruins of a Cistercian interior monastery.
- Castle/fortress Wendelstein A. D. Unstrut
- experience animal park Memleben
- sky disk of Nebra first us the well-known concrete sky representation of mankind history. The discovery site lies not far from Rossleben on the central mountain. Here at present an information center develops.
- Kyffhäuser monument
- panorama museum the largest monumental round paintingGermany.
- Barbarossahöhle the largest anhydrite - gypsum - cave of Europe and origin of the legend of the same name.
- Water castle hero run gene a reconstructed castle plant worth seeing.
- Castle transverse ford
- lock Allstedt
- sports association potash Rossleben
- tennis club monastery school Rossleben
- cone haven association
- carat association PUSHING UDO
- Volleyballclub with the sections Volleyball, Aerobic andBasketball
- Dart association
- rudder club Rossleben
- association for the promotion of the water haven
- office for tourism and water haven Rossleben
- „blue white “Bottendorf registered association.
- VfB Schönewerda
economics and infrastructure
- motorway: A38 (in the building)/A71(in the building)
- federal highways: B85 and B86
- the station of Rossleben lie to course-book-strain 585 (castle land course Zeitz - Naumburg - Artern). At the respective last stops connection exists into all directions.
- Airport: Erfurt in 60 km and resounds to Leipzig in 80 km distance.
- Small airfields: DermsdorfKölleda 35 km, need landing strip Allstedt 15 km, traffic landing strip Udersleben 20 km and the sail airfields with bath Franconia living and Laucha/Unstrut.
before the turn had Rossleben some large-scale enterprises. All in front the 100jährige miner tradition is to be called. Rossleben looks on 100Years potash mining at Unstrut and Finn back. Besides there was the woodworking, the shoe as well as the agrarian and foodstuffs industry. These enterprises fell like in many places the denationalization to the victim. Many jobs went, and with them humans. Above all the fall of the potash mining left a largeGap. The potash occurrences would have still for approx. 70 years dismantling handed.
Today few small to medium-size enterprises determine the picture. Handicraft and services place the majority, in addition, the producing trade is represented.
Some selected enterprises:</br> FOLIEtec plastic work AG </br> building of tanks greeting GmbH </br> GHB society toProduction of soil substrates ltd.
- Johann Ludwig count Schwerin von Krosigk, (1887 to 1977), realm Minister of Finance and 1945 „leading Minister of the acting realm government “Dönitz, completed its Abitur in the monastery school.
- Peter count Yorck von Wartenburg, Mitbegründer of the Kreisauer of circle, Cousins of the brothers Berthold and Claus's count give from Stauffenberg, completed in the monastery school his Abitur (1920 - 1923), after the assassination attempt on Hitler to 20. July 1944 to 8. September 1944 in Berlin Plötzensee executed.
- Five further graduates of the monastery school Rossleben, executed due totheir participation in the assassination attempt of 20. July 1944
sons of the city
in Rossleben were born:
- Fritz Hofmann, (1871 to 1927), German athlete, winner the first medal for Germany with the olympic plays of the modern times 1896 in Athens
- Hugo Launicke, (1909 to 1975), anti-fascist and SED - politicians.
In the local part Bottendorf were born:
- Smelling pool of broadcasting corporations Hüttig, (1908 to 1934), communist, executed to 14. June 1934 in Berlin Plötzensee
- Johannes stone-hope, (1913 to 1994), hunt-fly-race in the Second World War, four-star general andInspector of the Air Force, chairman of the NATO military committee (1971 - 1974)
Web on the left of
Abtsbessingen | Artern/Unstrut | Bath Frankenhausen/Kyffhäuser | Badra | Barking EDT | Bendeleben | Borxleben | Bretleben | Clingen | Donndorf | Ebeleben | Esperstedt | Etzleben | Freienbessingen | Going furnace | Göllingen | Fermenting life | Greussen | Grossenehrich | Günserode | Hachelbich | Hauteroda | Helbedündorf | Hero run gene | Hemleben | Heygendorf | Holzsussra | Ichstedt | Kalbsrieth | Mönchpfiffel Nikolausrieth | Nausitz | Niederbösa | Oberbösa | Upper hero run gene | Oldisleben | Pure village | Ring life | Rockstedt | Rossleben | Rotting life | Schernberg | Seega | Speciallive | Steinthaleben | Thuringia-live | Potting EDT | Trebra | Voigtstedt | Wasserthaleben | Westgreussen | Wiehe | Wolferschwenda