Heinrich Hermann Robert cook (* 11. December 1843 in Clausthal; † 27. May 1910 in Baden-Baden) was a physician and micro biologist. He was the discoverer of the Tuberkuloseerregers and developed the Tuberkulin. it received 1905but the Nobelpreis for medicine and physiology.
To table of contents
lives and work
Robert cook became as a third child of the mountain man Hermann cook and his Mrs. Mathildeborn. It studied starting from 1862 two terms philology and starting from 1863 medicine with Jakob Henle in Goettingen and is already attained a doctorate in January 1866, still before distribution of the state examination, to the doctor of the medicine.
Medical activities at the general hospital followin Hamburg, afterwards until 1868 at the national welfare and institute for care (today mental hospital) as well as country doctor in Langenhagen. Whereupon activities follow as country doctor in Niemegk (Brandenburg) and Rakwitz with floats.
Finally cook receives 1872 an employment as Kreisphysikus,comparably a medical officer, in Wollstein with floats, beside which he works in own practice and on his research, particularly over the spleen fire exciter.
1876 the publication of the discovery of the Sporen of the spleen fire exciters and their behavior take place. To 24. March 1882 - in the meantime Robert cook is active since 1880 at imperial public health authorities in Berlin - follow the publication of the discovery of the Lungentuberkuloseerregers. Made possible this work was developed by a set of technological innovations, the cook and its coworkers orhad improved. Bacteria colouring by means of anilin dyes, micro photography, pure culture and the virtuose use of experimental animals are here mentioned.
- 1883 journeys to Egypt and India
- discovery of the Choleraerregers 1884 in Calcutta (first discoverer was 1854 Filippo Pacini.)
1885 professor and director/conductor of the institute for hygiene of the citizens of Berlin university and to the Charité actively; starting from 1891 director of the royally Prussian institute for infections (today's Robert institute for cook), to which it and others also Paul Ehrlich and Emil Adolf Behring appointed,with their names crucial break-throughs with the fight against Diphtherie and Syphilis are connected. it stepped 1904 into the retirement.
Today still a legacy of cook to scientific future generations, valid in somewhat varied form, are the Henle cook postulates for the proof oneExciter as causal for an infection.
Scientifically cook 1890/91 experienced a large defeat: The Tuberkulin, which he presented as cure against the Tuberkulose, proved as ineffectively, dangerous for the patients. Nowadays it serves as Diagnostikum for this illness.Starting from center of the 1890er years investigated cook above all tropical diseases such as malaria and the sleep illness. For this purpose it was partly for many years in the Tropics, mostly in Africa.
The famous Robert cook read hall and the Robert cook library are todayin Institut for microbiology and hygiene, Dorotheenstr. 96, 10117 Berlin, Charité, Humboldt University. They are for everyone at the history of the medicine interested worth seeing.
- list of the important medical profession and physicians
- institute for Robert cook
- Robert cook price
- Robert cook Award
- break into, Robert cook: A would run in Medicine and Bacteriology. Science Tech Publishers, Madison, Wisconsin 1988
- degree man, Christoph: Illness in the laboratory. Robert cook and the medical one Bacteriology. Barrier stone publishing house, Goettingen 2005
- Grüntzig, Johannes W.; Flour horn, Heinz: Expeditions in the realm of the epidemics. Medical sky travel commands of the German emperor and colonial age. Spectrum academic publishing house, 2005, ISBN 3-8274-1622-1
- Vasold, Manfred: Robert cook, the discoverer of pathogens.Spectrum of the sciences,Publishing house company, Heidelberg 2002
Web on the left of
|Wikiquote: Robert cook - quotations|
| | * Literature of and over Robert cook in the catalog of the DDB
- information of the Nobelstiftung for award of the prize 1905 for Robert cook (English)
- RobertCook - Biografie
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||cook, Heinrich Hermann Robert|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||physician and micro biologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||11. December 1843|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Clausthal|
|DYING DATE||27. May 1910|