Roma, Sinti and Jeni
Roma, Sinti and Jeni are politically disputed the main subpopulations, those in Germany, when gypsies were designated and partly also still become. These groups were it also, those particularly during the national socialism as gypsies and/or.Gypsy of half-breeds was pursued, sees gypsy pursuit.
- Roma is the international self designation for the whole of all groups of the Romani and as politically correct synonym for gypsies (then including ethnical related groups such as Sinti and Kalé and only sociologically used groupslike Jeni, Tinkers etc.). In Germany today “Sinti and Roma” apply as official designation (see Central Council of German Sinti and Roma).
- Sinti are that sub-group of the Roma, which already are since the end of the Middle Ages in the Western European area;
- Jerli are a group of peoples, which predominantly in white Russia, Latvia, Estland, Nordlitauen, Moldavia, in whom Ukraine lives and in the extreme west of Russia;
- Kalé are a sub-group of the Roma in Spain, parts of Southern France and Finland;
- Kalderasch are a sub-group of the Roma forwardseverything in Eastern Europe, which specialized in the handicraft of the coppersmith.
- Lovara (also: Lowara) are a sub-group of the Roma
- Lalleri are a sub-group of the Roma in Austria Manusch
- are predominantly a sub-group of the Roma in France Jeni
- are predominantan independent, but often people confounded with the Roma, also “white gypsies” mentioned;
These subpopulations in Germany politically and socially above all represented through:
- the Central Council of German Sinti and Roma, that the designation as gypsies as discriminating against rejected.
- the Sinti alliance Germany,the gypsies as self designation accept.
In former times usual recapitulatory designation as a driving people applies today only to a small part, since the larger part gave the nomadische Nichtsesshaftigkeit up.
|This side is a term clarifying for the distinction of several alsothe same word of designated terms.|