under Red-Greens a coalition (short: Red-green) one understands a government coalition between the SPD and the party alliance 90/Die the Green in the Federal Republic of Germany (and/or. their predecessor party, the Green).
Red-Green several German Lands of the Federal Republic governed coalitions. From 1998 to 2005 governedsuch a coalition under Federal Chancellor Gerhard Schröder the federation. First was the Red-Green coalition starting from 1985 in Hessen, in which Joschka Fischer secretary of the environment was. In the Federal Republic no more Red-Green coalition exists after the defeat at the polls of the Red-Greens coalition with the election to the Bundestag 2005.
In the following countries Red-Green coalitions governed:
- in Hessen from 1985 to 1987 under Holger Börner and from 1991 to 1999 under Hans Eichel
- in Lower Saxony from 1990 to 1994 under Gerhard Schröder
- in North Rhine-Westphalia from 1995 to 2005 under Johannes Rau (until 1998), Wolfgang Clement (1998-2002) and Peer stone-bridge (2002-2005)
- in Hamburg from 1997 to 2001 under local vienna round
- in Schleswig-Holstein since 1996 to 2005 under heath Simonis
- in Saxonia-Anhalt from 1994 to 1998 as minority government with Party of Democratic Socialism - tolerance under pure hard Höppner
- in Berlin from 1989 to 1990 under Walter Momper and from 2001 to 2002 (as minority government with Party of Democratic Socialism tolerance) under Klaus Wowereit
red-green as society project
with the term red-green is connected every now and then also a society project, with that old 68er such as z. B. Joschka Fischer the march by the institutions begunto be are, in order to induce the society to more tolerance in relation to minorities, larger acceptance opposite the emancipation of women and to more eight-SAMness in relation to the environment.
In positive connection the term is brought with mentioned developments in connection, in negative connection becomes red green above all utopia mash and a too uncritical or blind attitude in relation to the integration problems of immigrants assoziert. This reproach is reinterpreted in nationalistic and right-extremist circles in exaggerated internationalism or anti-Germanism.
From that sociopolitical aspect the project red green with the lost choice of the government coalition becomeson federal level between the SPD and the party alliance 90/Die the Green with the election to the Bundestag 2005 as either failed or but as successfully outstanding, depending on, which topics are weighted as.