Round thanks is a pair dance, exactly the same as the society dance, only with the difference that the dance steps are announced by the Cuer (dance leader) into the music inside. Similarly as in the Square thanks of the Caller, then it is with the Round thanks the Cuer, which announces the dancers the figures. In contrast to the Caller the Cuer does not sing the figures however. Round thanks one dances in Germany in many Square and Round thanks club; also on the numerous Tanzveranstaltungen, the Specials, Square and Round are offered to thanks often together in a program.
With the Round thanks there are many different rhythms: Bolero, Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Jive, Mambo, Merengue, Paso Doble, Quickstep, Rumba, Samba, Slow Two step, Tango, Two step, Waltz, west Coast Swing and still some more. The individual dance steps and figures are divided by the international controlling body ROUNDALAB depending upon degree of difficulty in phases (I to VI).
The Cuer of a club is typically also at the same time the Teacher, which shows and explains the dancers new steps and figures.
With the Round thanks we differentiate between two kinds of choreographies and/or. Cuen:
- Choreography ores of dances: Here danced after a particularly prepared description of dance (Cue Sheet), which to the peculiarities of a certain piece of music is cut usually also particularly. So can - with good choreographies - which reflect dance steps the Phrasierung of the music exactly. Rhythm change (e.g. between Foxtrot and Jive) become easily dancable by the announcement of the Cuers, which gives the Cuesheet. Also this Rhthmuswechsel is it, which differentiates the Round thanks from the society dance. Examples of so choreography ores of dances are to be found to universe Over on the Round thanks server as well as on Cue Sheets from. There are Two step/Jive combinations as example, with which the dance is a Two step and is written between in it a Jive sequence, because the music offers this in the place. There are even dances, which were written for up to three different rhythms.
- Hash Cueing: The Cuer announces the figures in an order, like it from its view for a certain purpose straight suitably is, for example for practicing a figure, dance attitude or a certain transition between two figures. Or in addition, a sequence, which corresponds to the straight music running off as well as possible and is appropriate well in the dance river, in the “Bodyflow”.
The dancers learn first in a Class a basic stick of figures, normally beginning with Two step, Waltz, Cha Cha and Rumba. After approximately. one year can with a Graduation the final examination take place. From this day on the dancers, if they occurred with conclusion of the Class the club, may carry also the club Badge. It becomes interesting of this moment on, because with this club Badge on the one hand Specials can be visited be visited and on the other hand different clubs, and that even world-wide, exactly the same as with the Square thanks.
Round thanks is informal gathering without competition (!). If you a short answer to the question “which is Round thanks?” to have, is here the answer wants: “Round thanks is fun at movement to the music in informal environment. ”
Web on the left of
- EAASDC - European Association OF American Square Dancing club
- ECTA - European Callers and Teachers Association
- ROUNDALAB - The internationally Association OF Round thanks Teachers
- URDC - universal Round thanks Council
- Choreographien (Cue Sheets)