In Germany the telephone number can be depending upon size of this range a three to eight-digit number. Newly assigned call numbers have thereby with the preselection eleven, partly even twelve numbers(Default of the federal net agency (BNetzA, in former times adjustment authority for telecommunications and post office (RegTP)), in Austria this task takes the RTR - broadcast and telephone adjustment GmbH truely, in Switzerland the BAKOM - to Federal Office for communication.) within this preselection range is it only necessary, this number to be selected. OneException are the mobile nets. Here it is also necessary to select within the net the preselection.
After the liberalisation of the fixed net services it is also prescribed that one can keep the telephone number with change of the telephone offerer, not only in the fixed net, but also into thatMobile nets. While this is possible already with German fixed net numbers since 1998, functions with German portable radio numbers only since 1. November 2002. In Austria this is since 16. October 2004 and in Switzerland since that 1. March 2000 possible. One calls call number taking along or call number portability (English. for number portability in mobile nets: Mobile NUMBERs Portability, MNP).
Table of contents
call numbers at the plant connection
is at the telephone connectionattached, then one knows a direct-inward dialingable telephone system with the direct-inward dialing added to the Stammnummer directly to a branch direct-inward dialings. If under a Stammnummer more than one telephone system is attached, one speaks of economic call number assignment. On the basis the first number of the direct-inward dialing the allocation to the correct takes placePlant. Advantage of the economic call number assignment consists of the fact that the call number assignment can be adapted better to the necessary need. Telephone system with 101 branches blocks 99 with this assignment practice only instead of 899 unused call numbers.
call number-referred services with a fixed net or a mobile connectionadjust whether the called partner sees the telephone number of the caller or not. All terminals for the connection to digital voice grade channels (for example a ISDN - telephone) are able in principle to recognize the call number of the caller and these, if the equipment has an announcement, alsoto indicate. With terminals at similar lines the telephone apparatus of the calling must support TIE-CLIP - minutes.
the fax number, in former times also fax number mentioned, is a sequence of numbers, which must be entered with fax equipment, around another participant, who is equipped with fax equipment,to send a copy of a document (usually DIN A4) over a remote transmission. The fax number is to that extent a special case of the call number and builds itself up - like the telephone number - from the telephone preselection and the actual call number of the connection.
With combined drives, bothwhen fax equipment and as telephone can be used, the fax number is usually the same as the telephone number. The fax equipment mostly becomes however at a ISDN - connection or a telephone system operated, whereby its own call number can be assigned to the fax equipment.
With the spreadingby fax devices into the 1980er years became the written indication „of the new “fax number a firm component of the address/address of authorities, institutions as well as enterprises and manufacturing ones, whereby it displaced the telex number with larger enterprises soon. The fax number supplemented since then the brought telephone number on letter elbows and visiting cards,however address found a completely new competitor into the 1990er year with the E-Mail -. In Germany as marking of the fax number the contraction fax is often used (contrary to Tel. before the telephone number).
the inverse search, also search of kind of rear wall mentioned, is thatIdentify from persons and their names on the basis the telephone number. In Germany this was not permitted, however by a change of the telecommunications law in the year 2004 reacted many offerers of digital and on-line directories. However the participant of the release of its number must agree to the inverse search with its offerer.However the adjuster the procedure agreed or it at least did not prevent to contradict the fact that the participant of certain operators is rather requested, instead up to a set period, if its data are not to be released - and expresses the contradiction at its expense toomust: in writing, thus with postage, or over a comparatively highly chargeable TED (0137) - number, with a separate call for each individual its for the inverse search the one which can be closed up to ten MSN.
- emergency call numbers are for an entire country or for completely Europe (Euro emergency call) same, although one always achieves the alarm center responsible for the area.
- free numbers are such, which can be called from the whole federal territory free of charge. The fee pays the calling.
- Local rate numbers are such numbers, which one can reach from the entire federal territory to the local rate.
- Increase in value numbers are numbers, which cannot be called for the normal tariff of the telephone offerer, but a higher fee to pay is, whereby some of the telephone offerer is further-paid directly to the called partner.
- On-line numbers are numbers, over which one in-selects oneself with a modem in Internetcan. They have normally smaller fees than a local rate number.
- Vanity numbers as mentioned are letter numbers as for example 0800 EMERGENCY HAIR DRYER D for 0800 668366 3. Contrary to the SMS - Letter is to be pressed the telephone key occupied with in each case three letters only once, all the same for whichthe three specified letters.Vanity is that English. Word for vanity. In the anglo-saxon linguistic area these are however usually called alphanumeric numbers.
way of writing
the way of writing of telephone numbers regulates the DIN 5008 for Germany. Therefore telephone numbers do not become any more (like it to 2001 were no longer prescribed) in blocks to two numbers each noted, also clips and diagonal strokes for the separation of the telephone preselection are intended. Instead telephone numbers are arranged functionly-oriented by blanks. During plant connections the direct-inward dialing is set off by a hyphen, the international telephone preselection always begins with onePlus sign. Examples:
- 030 1234567: Traffic elimination number (VAZ) 0, local code 30, call number 1234567
- 030 12345-67: VAZ 0, local code 30, call number 12345, direct-inward dialing 67
- 0180 5 12345: VAZ 0, service indicator 180, fee characteristic number 5, call number 12345
- 0900 5 123456: VAZ 0, service indicator 900, contents contents of 5, call number 123456
- +49 301234567: VAZ +, international land preselection 49, local code 30, call number 1234567 also admits maximum one length
(International Telecommunication Union
) as FQTN [it works on] recommends that a call number is to have at the most 15 places, whereby the land preselection not however traffic elimination numbers is to be taken in account. The citizens of Berlin number +4930 1234567 has therefore 11 numbers. At present in Germany call numbers with 12 numbers, in case of of telephone systems also 13 numbers are assigned.
telephone numbers gave it already before automatic dial traffic, when still the connections were connected by hand. In some areasthe telephone numbers were an alphanumeric combination. These numbers were partially easier to notice.