South German newspaper
South German newspaper (abbreviation sp) is the largest German supraregional subscription- Daily paper. It is shifted in the South German publishing house in Munich, since you opinion-end daily paper the license as so-called „important “ to the pressure by US-American crew power were given.
The daily sold edition Monday - Saturday amounts to according to IVW 444,440 copies(Conditions: 2. Quarter 2005). It rises and lies far before its direct competition, the Frankfurt general newspaper (FAZ), which has an edition of 375.772 (conditions 2. Quarter 2005) and the world with an edition of 234.905 (Monday - Friday,Conditions 2. Quarter 2005).
Relating to domestic affairs the South German newspaper, as when establishment planned, applies as liberal-critical medium. Politico-economic it is to be arranged rather market-liberally.
For sp the weight, which is granted in the last years of the culture, is specific. The feuilletonfollows directly after the political part. Beside the gloss Streiflicht is the page 3 a special characteristic of sp. Here regularly large reports and background article appear. On the fourth side, one finds daily a editorial to the opinion side, ofadmitted authors of sp written. In addition on Mondays a supplement with a selection of English-language articles the New York Time, on Fridays the sp magazine , Saturday a week final supplement and Thursday, for the edition of the region Munich, a meeting supplement sp extra appears.
In the summer 2005 the South German newspaper was selected by German journalists for the first time to „the guidance medium “number unity and replaces thereby the mirror . That is the result of the study journalism in Germany of the communication scientist Siegfried Weischenberg. The study becomes everythingten years once accomplished. Therefore regularly sp seize 34.6 per cent of 1.536 representatively selected journalists, in order to inform or find suggestions for topic to. With the mirror there is 33.8 per cent.
Table of contents
the residents of Munich newest one message preceded the South German newspaper ; their title was taken over some years ago of sp for its local section.
The first expenditureappeared to that on Saturday, 6. October 1945 under assigned license No. 1 of message control of the military government east at the price of 20 Pfennig. The sheet belongs thus to the newspapers of the license press. This first license for the publication of a newspaperin Bavaria after the Second World War August rocker stone, Edmund Goldschagg and Franz Josef Schöningh was granted.
From the foreword on page 1 of the first expenditure:
- „To the escort - for the first time since the collapse appears to the brown fright rule inMunich a newspaper led by Germans. It is limited of the political necessities for the present, but GEC-fogs by no censorship bound, by no moral constraint. The South German newspaper is not the organ of a government or a certain party, but a language pipefor all Germans, united are in the love for the liberty, in the hate against the total state. In the abhorrence against everything that is National Socialist. “
- „The director/conductor of the newspaper, coming of to different parties, it believes that after twelve years of disgraceful Gewissensknechtung and up up-instruct-instructing thatLie the common will to political majority and cleanliness, to answer us consciousness and truthfulness a sufficient strong basis for a fruitful co-operation forms. [...] We begin on narrow platform with small means and reflect thereby the general situation. We believe thatwe in too will not reflect furthermore time also the gradual ascent.
- - In the year 2000
also the situation of sp worsened editorship and publishing house “since beginning of the crisis on the indicator market of the daily papers appreciably. New partners hadin the boat to be gotten: With 18,75% the South West German medium getting thing (Stuttgart newspaper, etc.) bought itself, those again belonged to 44% of the medium union GmbH Ludwigshafen (the Rheinpfalz, etc.). In addition, the North-Rhine/Westphalian expenditure had from cost reasons adjustedbecome, just as the youth supplement now. It came to numerous dismissals. The economic situation turned around in the meantime: The deficit 2002 amounted to 76.6 millions euro, 2003 gave it already a surplus of 0,6 millions euro, and 2004 again a surplusof 37,1 millions euro.
With the sp magazine there was a scandal in May 2000, to be familiar became that the magazine had published falsified prominent interviews of the journalist Tom grief. Kummers doubtful relationship to the relationship of reality and fiction (see boron the LINE journalism) was already longer admits been.
Together with the news magazine of the mirrors and the newspapers of the Axel Springer AG the South German newspaper at the beginning of of August 2004 announced its return to the classical orthography, to which the FAZ had already decided in August 2000.Sp - Editorship decided however to a compromise, which cancelled only some parts of the new orthography.
- Hans Werner Kilz
acquaintance of editors/authors
- harsh ore Riehl Heyse († 2003)
- Hans Leyendecker (investigativer journalist)
- Joachim emperor (literature and theatre critic)
- Axel heel (columnist)
- Nikolaus Piper (department leader economics, book author)
- Heribert Prantl (department leader home policy)
- Annette Ramelsberger
- briefly Kister
- Franziska August stone
- Johannes Willms
- Hermann Unterstöger
- Thomas stone field
sp library and other publishing house objects
Under the pressure to open new sources of turnover with different marketing measures new ground was entered. These activities of similar actions in Italy and Spain became lively. The most successful, first as test started, was the establishment South German newspaper of a library („50 large novels20. Century “in the week rhythm), which went to usual conditions with industries un to the start:
- Designation of the row following genuine Rankings like the time library
- giving away the first volume at each buyer or subscriber of sp of 20. March2004.
- Very low price compared with the prices usually calculated in the book industry: less than 5 euro for lashed books.
- Public advertisement, as they cannot afford autocompanies in sp: weekly several times four-colored announcements and indicator distances in sp and sp magazine; in the course of the yearly then also announcements in other magazines (Brigitte, Spiegel, etc.), which are calculable for the niedrigpreisige commodity „book “in this massing usually not.
- Mixture of best-sellers and Longsellern („name of the rose “)with more favorable licenses (expenditure of Kafkas became outdated „to America “).
- Placement at the market as qualitatively high-quality selection with a canon character by editorialally opened advertisement on the first side and the first side of the feuilleton of respective expenditure for Saturday, the Erscheinungstermin of the respective volume; additionally„editorial “advertisement on the day before it. When authors functioned the editors of sp, by which one says, they would have arranged the original large license purchase list.
- Use of all sales offices, which are to a newspaper selling at the disposal: above all kiosks, gas stations, Zeitungsstände and even bookshops.
- Favorable license purchase with the right owners with the argument of the mass; so that decrease of the risk, if a title should sell itself possibly more badly.
The prescription came up: 80,000 complete series were sold, altogether even more than 10 million books. In Austria was driven out likewise this series under same name, here of the daily paper the standard, in which the South German publishing house with 49% is involved.
After the same successful sample became to 20. October 2004 a CD classical period edition started, that Piano emperor, a collection of 20 CDs, with the 14 pianists, under it Daniel Barenboim, Alfreds Brendel and Glenn Gould of the music critic Professor. Joachim emperor to be discussed. This activity is accompanied additionally by radio transmitters. Until April 2005here 75,000 expenditures were sold.
With these auxiliary activities, which make at the same time ideal advertisement at the potential target groups, sp released 2004 additional conversions of 26 millions in the year Euro (sp of 23. April 2005).
The knowledge magazine of the South German newspaper, Sp knowledge appeared for the first time at the 11. December 2004 and reached an edition of scarcely 90,000 booklets, in direct competition until April 2005 to the similarly reading knowledge magazine of the time.
To 5. March 2005 started the Sp-Cinemathek, a collectionof 100 motion picture films of large directors on DVD. The current film of well-known persons becomes accompanying from the film world, like z in the expenditure for week END of the South German newspaper. B. Caroline left and peoples Schlöndorff discussed. Everything runs off after the samplethe sp library inclusive Free copy for the start for each buyer. Here to in the middle of April 2005 already 20,000 complete series and altogether 600,000 DVDs were sold. (To a critical estimate of this collection see article film history.)
in June 2005 it continuedwith the sp discotheque, in September with the child book series boy library, in January 2006 with the Sp-Kriminalbibliothek.
Like that it is only consistent to go with the South German newspaper Mediathek now also among on-line dispatch dealers those specified the aboveObjects, under evasion of the trade, directly to the final customers drives out.
- South German newspaper. Rösl, Munich 1859.1 (1.Okt.) - 1860.345 (13.Dez.)
- South German newspaper. Resident of Munich newest message from politics, culture, economics, sport. Süddt. Verl., Munich 1,1945, 1 (24.Aug.) FF. ISSN 0174-4917
(besides appeared andappear temporally limited various regional expenditures, extra charges and their forerunners,)