|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Saarland|
|surface:||167.07 km ²|
|inhabitants:||179000 (31. March 2005)|
|Population density:||1,075 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||190 m and. NN|
|postal zip codes:||66001-66133 (old: 6600)|
|Preselections:|| 0681, 06893, 06897,|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 49° 14 ' N, 7° 0 ' O 49° 14 ' N, 7° 0 ' O
|municipality key:||10 0 41 100|
|city arrangement:|| 4 urban districts with|
of the city administration:
|City hall pc. Johann|
|official web page:||www.saarbruecken.de|
|Oberbürgermeisterin:|| Charlotte Britz (SPD)|
| town councillor:|
(Choice to 13. June 2004)
| CDU 37.9% (- 4.6) - of 28 seats (- 1)|
SPD 33.5% (- 6.3) - 24 seats (- 4)
the GREEN 9.4% (+0,8)7 seats (+1)
FDP 5.8% (+1,1) - 4 seats (+4)
other 13.4% (+9,0) - 0 seats (=)
Saarbruecken is the state capital, largest city and only large city (since 1909) of the Saarland. The university town is the political, economical and culturalCenter of the Saarland. It forms the only upper center of the country and is comparable to seat of the greater Saarbruecken, a local federation of special kind, for a district.
Next convenient larger cities are Karlsruhe (about 140 km east) and Mannheim (approximately 130 kmnortheast), in addition Frankfurt/Main (185 km northeast), Stuttgart (210 km east), Metz (F) (80 km west), Nancy (F) (120 km southwest), Reims (F) (250 km west), Troyes (F) (300 km southwest), and Paris (F) (400 km west).
Table of contents
Saarbruecken lies in a broad valley Aue and far terrace surfaces of the river created by the Saar. The northern edge of valley is besäumt by a long chain of elevator projections/leads. On the southern outskirts of a town the heights pull themselves of the Pin forest and the red mountain. West the Warndt lies.
Quierschied and Sulzbach/Saar (greater Saarbruecken), pc. Ingbert and almond brook valley (Saarpfalz circle), Kleinblittersdorf (greater Saarbruecken), Alsting, Spicheren, beautiful-hit a corner, Petite Rosselle and Forbach (Lorraine) (everything in France) as well as volume blade, Grossrosseln, Püttlingen, latch plate mountain and Heusweiler (everything in the greater Saarbruecken)
the city ofSaarbruecken is arranged in accordance with § 1 of the “statute over the organization of the state capital Saarbruecken into urban districts” into the 4 urban districts center, Dudweiler, west and half suppl., whereby the urban district Dudweiler has its own district administration. In each urban district there is a district adviserand a district mayor. The district advisers are to important to hear affairs concerning the district. The final decision over a measure is incumbent on then however the local council of the entire town Saarbruecken. The urban districts are again subdivided into districts in quarters and these. ThisOrganization of the districts serves however only statistic purposes.
The urban districts with their official number as well as their associated quarters (see also list of the quarters of Saarbruecken):
- 1 center: 11 old Saarbruecken - 12 mark time - 13 pc. Johann - 14Eschberg - 16 pc. Arnual
- 2 west: 21 Gersweiler - 22 Klarenthal - of 23 old person boilers - 24 Burbach
- 3 Dudweiler: 31 Dudweiler: 32 hunter joy - 33 gentleman ear - 34 Scheidt
- 4 half suppl.: 42 sheep bridge - 43Bischmisheim - 44 Ensheim - 45 Brebach Fechingen - 46 Eschringen - 47 Güdingen - 48 le being gene
Saarbruecken III. becomes in a deed of donation of emperor Otto. in the year 999 for the first time as king castle „castellum Sarabrucca “mentions, which are given to the diocese Metz.Here was however already before settlement of the Mediomatriker. Starting from 1120 the county Saarbruecken develops, in which in the environment of the castle by settlement of Burgmannen, dealers and protection-looking for the settlement Saarbruecken develops. Count Johann I.lendsSaarbruecken and the pc. Johann in each case the municipal law. 1353 fall Saarbruecken to the house Nassau (Walrami line). From Erbteilung 1355 the line wet outer because castle Saarbruecken results and due to their division 1442 the line wet outer Saarbruecken (older line).
1574 falls those County wet outer Saarbruecken by succession at because castle back. There count Philipp had III. already 1526 the reformation after lutherischem confession imported, which applied now also to Saarbruecken. After the death of Ludwig II. results the county wet outer Saarbruecken from Erbteilung 1629 (recent line)again, which however already falls 1723 at Nassau Ottweiler and thus 1728 at Nassau Usingen. The 30-jährige war devastates Saarbruecken dreadfully, 1637 lives only 70 humans in the destroyed city. Ludwig XIV. lets down-burn in the Reunionskrieg Saarbruecken, up to eight housesthe entire city is destroyed. From Erbteilung 1735 a line Nassau Usingen Saarbruecken results, so that the city becomes again count seat. After the accession of William Heinrich in the year 1741 experiences the city a tremendous economic upswing, Steinkohlengruben is put under state control, iron smeltsdevelop. Furthermore the baroque residence lock Saarbruecken develops, delighted from Friedrich Joachim stack and numerous other buildings. 1775 are completed the Ludwig church, one of the most important buildings of baroque of Germany and landmark of the city Saarbruecken.
1793 are occupied the city by French revolution troops, thatBaroque castle geplündert and down-burned. By the peace of Campo Formio 1797 as well as the peace treaty of Lunéville 1801 comes the county Saarbruecken to France. With the death of prince Ludwig and hereditary prince Heinrich in the exile the line Nassau Usingen Saarbruecken dies 1797out and falls at Nassau Usingen.
In the year 1815 the area comes to the Kingdom of Prussia. This forms the Bürgermeisterei Saarbruecken with the municipalities Saarbruecken and pc. in the area Saarbruecken. Johann as well as the land municipalities mark place, Burbach, Brebach and soot hut.Saarbruecken becomes seat of a district within the governmental district Trier of the province Grand Duchy of Niederrhein, which comes up 1822 in the Rhine province. Languagehistorically it comes between the end 17. and in the middle 19. Century due to the changing political influences to oneShift from the moselfränkischen to the Rhine-Frankish dialect, finally to a uniform city dialect.1856 are taken the iron and steel plant Burbach in enterprise. Between 1897 and 1900 the city hall becomes pc. Johann after plans of George von Hauberrisser builds, the who late city hall thatLarge city Saarbruecken becomes.
By contract of 5. Decembers 1908 become the independent cities Saarbruecken, pc. Johann and Malstatt Burbach with effect of the 1. April 1909 to a city with the name “Saarbruecken” combines. The past city Saarbruecken becomes in the future with thatDesignation old Saarbruecken led. The new city Saarbruecken has about 105,000 inhabitants when its establishment and is thereby the fifth-largest linksrheinische German large city. At the same time the city Saarbruecken from the district Saarbruecken separates and becomes a circle-free city. ThatControversy over the city names, Saarbruecken or pc. which can be selected. Johann, led smiled at scandal to a generally speaking German one Reich. The mayors of the two cities decided the naming in a duel among honour men. Both survived, but duels became thereafter in Germanyfinally forbade.
Due to the regulations of the peace treaty of Versailles in the year 1919 the Saarland is placed and with it the city Saarbruecken under the administration of the Völkerbundes. By a popular vote in the year 1935 the population decides again for thatConnection of the Saarland at Germany.
in the Second World War becomes Saarbruecken by bomb attacks (2. to 4. October 1944) strongly destroys. In May 1945 the city is placed like the entire Saarland under French military government. Becomes two years laterthe Saarland an autonomous state with the capital Saarbruecken. The population rejects 1955 the Saarstatut . Instead the country becomes 1957 tenth Land of the Federal Republic (without West Berlin) of the Federal Republic of Germany.
With the circle and regional reorganization 1974 Saarbruecken becomes around 11 surroundingCities and municipalities increases. The number of inhabitants doubles itself almost. At the same time the so far circle-free city is combined with the district Saarbruecken to the greater Saarbruecken. Thus for the first time a local federation of special kind in Germany, a district is comparable to which, develops.
To the 1.April 2004 withdraws also the Saarbrücker mayor Hajo Hoffmann condemned in the second instance because of unfaithfulness, after it was already suspended in August 2002 by its office. The case provided country widely for headlines, there it for the building of itsPrivate house for building works and supplies and the plant of the garden first did not pay calculations, but these by the urban housing association were paid.
formerly independent municipalities and Gemarkungen, which were integrated into the city Saarbruecken.
|Year||of places||increase in hectar|
|of 1896||Pc. Arnual||?|
|1. April 1909|| combination of the cities Saarbruecken, |
pc. Johann and Malstatt Burbach
|1. January 1960||Gemarkung Eschberg of the municipality Scheidt||?|
|1. January 1974|| Dudweiler (city) as well as old person boiler, Bischmisheim, |
Brebach Fechingen (in an educated manner at the 1. January 1959), le being gene,
Ensheim, Eschringen, Gersweiler, Güdingen,
Klarenthal, sheep bridge and Scheidt
1905 had Saarbruecken more than 25,000 inhabitants. After the combination with the cities Malstatt Burbach (38,554 inhabitants 1905) and sank Johann (24,140 inhabitants 1905) exceeded thoseNumber of inhabitants of the city 1909 the border of 100.000, whereby it became the large city. Until 1974 this number doubled itself by the incorporation of several surrounding cities and municipalities on 205.000 - historical highest level. At the end of March to 2005 lived in Saarbruecken after more officiallyUpdating 179,654 humans with main domicile.
The following overview shows the numbers of inhabitants after the respective area conditions. Until 1833 it concerns usually around estimations, afterwards census results (¹) or official updating of the respective statistic offices and/or the city administration. The datarefer starting from 1843 to the “localpresent population”, starting from 1925 to the resident population and since 1987 to the “population at the place of the main dwelling”. 1843 ago the number of inhabitants was determined in non-uniform collection procedures.
¹ census result
the area of the today's city Saarbruecken belonged at firstto the diocese Metz in Lorraine and/or. to the ore diocese Trier. The border ran between Saarbruecken and pc. Johann on the one hand as well as mark place and Burbach on the other hand. In the year 1575 count Philipp III. led. from wet outer Saarbruecken the reformation after lutherischem confession. Thereforethe today's city was predominantly Evangelist over many centuries. Starting from that 17. Century gave it beside lutherischen municipalities also a reformed Pfarrei. After the transition at Prussia in the year 1815 Saarbruecken became part of the later Rhine province. The Evangelist church municipalitiessince that time belong - if they are not members of a free church - to the Evangelist church in the Rhine country (exception: Quarter Ensheim, which belongs to the Evangelist church of the Pfalz). Within these they belong to the parish district Saarbruecken.
The first catholic service intoday's city of Saarbruecken only again 1680 in an emergency church in pc. became. Johann held. The first catholic Pfarrei became however only 1803 in pc. Johann establishes. Here also the church stood, to which all catholics of the today's city belonged. InSaarbruecken developed then only in the year 1885 a further catholic church. Today the Roman-catholic inhabitants of the city belong to the Dekanat Saarbruecken of the diocese Trier and represented to 2004 a portion of 38,2% of the total population. 2006 become the German catholic daytake place in Saarbruecken.
coat of arms
diagonally-crossed within a sign board under split silver sign head - therein on the right of a red rose with golden seed and green Kelchblättern, left a black Schlägel and a black iron, under that, connected by black and silverHandle ends fallen black pliers - in blue a gold-crowned, gold-reinforced and rotgezungter silver lion, bewinkelt from four silver paw crosses. The city colors are blue white.
The city Saarbruecken, the 1909 by combination of the cities Saarbruecken, pc. Johann and Malstatt Burbach developed, receivedthis coat of arms in the year 1911 by emperors Wilhelm II., whereby the coat of arms was shown as Brustschild of an eagle. Bezeichnet de “Kaiserwappen” de los als de auch del wurde del Es. That coat of arms sign alone was called “seal coat of arms”. Also the 1974 by the regional reorganization increased city Saarbrueckendecided for the retention of the historical coat of arms in easily changed form. The coat of arms symbols were taken over from the coats of arms of the three earlier cities: The rose comes of the coat of arms of pc. Johann, Schlägel, iron and pliers come of the coat of arms of Malstatt Burbachand the lion comes of the old Saarbrücker coat of arms.
at the point of the cities Saarbruecken and pc. Johann stood over the centuries of court people, which of national gentleman was appointed partially the “Meier” and “home castles”. They practiced with the jurorsthe court over the city out. Both cities settled their office business relatively autonomously, but gave it also a common authority. Later the local chief of Saarbruecken called itself “Meier”, that from pc. Johann starting from 1458 “mayor”, their offices starting from that 17. Century annually changed. Starting from 1689 there was in place of the Meier in Saarbruecken an upper office man, starting from 1724 a city and upperSchult-hot and toward end 18. Century an office for city. With the French occupation of the city 1799 the Munizipalverfassung was introduced.Both cities formed a political municipality, to whose canton 1800 also the places mark place and Burbach were slammed shut. Within the canton the Mairie (late Bürgermeisterei) was created Saarbruecken. You belonged the cities Saarbruecken and pc. Johann as well as the villagesMark place, Burbach, pc. Arnual, Brebach, Güdingen, Fechingen, Bischmisheim, Gersweiler and Klarenthal on. After the connection at Prussia the Municipalverfassung was maintained first still, but received the Maire in the future the designation mayor, starting from 1819 mayors. In Saarbruecken and pc. Johann became 1859 the Prussian city order imported. Pc. Johann had already tried in vain since 1820 to separate from the Bürgermeisterei Saarbruecken which was finally approved 1862. Since however the cities lay so closely together, one tried a fusion again starting from 1905,then to the 1. April 1909 to be reached could.
The city heads of Saarbruecken since 1909:
partnerships between cities
Saarbruecken maintainswith the following cities a partnership between cities:
- Nantes (France), since 1965
- low-read/Tbilissi (Georgien), since 1975
- Cottbus (Brandenburg), since 1987
Economics and infrastructure
in Saarbruecken begin the following federal motorways: toward the east A 6 (after Waidhaus), toward northwest A 623 (to the triangle Friedrichsthal) and A 1 (to Oldenburg in Holstein). Beyond that one can reach well A from Saarbruecken from 8.
a problem represents the federal motorway A 620 , which cuts through the city along the Saar: Apart from a strong noise pollution it comes regularlytheir flooding, which draws the large collapse of the individual traffic.
From Saarbruecken regional express drive - courses to Frankfurt (Main) and over Trier to Koblenz. In addition comes the rapid-transit railway - similar suburban traffic of the town center course Saar Westpfalz to Trier, pc. Spiral and pc. Ingbert - Homburg (Saar) - Kaiserslautern.
On the water route Saarbruecken can use the very good water binding of the Saar to the Mosel and to France.
A metropolitan railway line of the Saarbahn and several Buslinien of the Saarbahn GmbH supply the public suburban traffic, which was created 1997 as rail traffic enterprise. Since 2002 it resumes also the business of the past “society for streetcars in the Saartal “.
Local resident enterprises
In Saarbruecken sit a large call center of AOL, one of the Heine dispatch as well as the Kundenservice center of the DaimlerChrysler bank. In addition there the legal information system Juris is resident. Cirrus airlines sits at the airport Saarbruecken. IDS Scheer AG has its seatin Saarbruecken Burbach.ZF transmission GmbH to the “golden Bremm”, a broom-rich (“golden”) valley in the south of the city, manufactures with far over 5.000 persons employed automatic transmission for almost all European car manufacturers.
Half suppl. casting GmbH in Saarbruecken Brebach manufactures cast parts, above all crank cases and crankshaftsfor the European PASSENGER CAR and commercial motor vehicle market. Saint Gobain cast iron pipe produces pipes and channel casting products of cast irons. Drains of Ankara (Turkey) come for example from here. Both enterprises went out out of the 1756 created Halbergerhütte.
The SAARSTAHL AG produces with approximately600 coworkers in its work Saarbruecken Burbach wire for the European market.
of the Saarbrücker half suppl. is seat of the Saarland broadcast (SR), one of the smallest national broadcasting corporations of Germany with the broadcast symphony orchestra Saarbruecken. Besides also the private broadcasting station sends radio Salüthe state capital.
As private television stations feeds Saar TV five hours daily its program from Saarbruecken into the cable system of the Saarland.
As daily paper Holtzbrinck appears the “Saarbrücker to newspaper “and since at the end of of 2004 appears fourteen-daily from the group of publishing housesan expenditure of the youth magazine Potato.
As weekly paper the “week mirror Saarbruecken” is distributed free of charge to all households.
Since 1995 one finds all Events of the city in the free meeting calendar SAARTERMIN. As free city pictorial the LIVE MAGAZINE was established.
Those At the end of began Saarbrücker newspaper March 2005 with the publication of a daily newspaper in the Tabloid - format: 20 cent. The Axel Springer AG brings since then with the “pictures Saarland " and the world compactly sheets, which contain regional reporting.
beside thatnumerous agencies of the national Ministries, the greater and the city exist the among other things still following authorities in Saarbruecken:
- The federal police station Saarbruecken, which belongs to the border control presidency west.
- The audit office of the Saarland.
- The Chamber of Commerce and industrie (IHK) of the Saarland.
- The chamber of trade the Saarland.
- a branch office of the federal railway ability
- the Chamber for Employees' Welfare of the Saarland.
Saarbruecken is seat of the constitutional court yard of the Saarland. Beside the Saarland higher regional court there is in the city also a land and a district court. The work and Higher Labor Court,Social and national social court as well as the revenue court of the Saarland are likewise in the state capital.
JVA lark corridor
education and research
- university of the Saarland, based 1948 of the French military administration
- university of the forming arts Saar; based 1989 in working group of the Saarland.
- University for technology and economics of the Saarland; based 1971 by union of the higher restaurant school, the national school of engineering and the national work art school, received it to 1991 their current names.
- French-German university, based 1999 offers courses of studieson, those with a double diploma lock
- university for music Saar; based 1947 as national conservatoire. Then Institut for catholic church music and Institut for school music were established, which 1957 converted into a national university for music and 1971into the working group of the Saarland were transferred.
- Professional school for mining industry; based 1807 under napoleonischer occupation, were renamed it 1816 into royal-Prussian mountain school. She was called only mountain school to Saarbruecken, then mining engineer school and 1990 later finally received her their current designation
- Professional school for administration of Saarland (FHSV) in Dudweiler
- catholic university for social work; based 1971 based in working group of the diocese
- Trier institute for Max-Planck for computer science, 1990.
- Institute for Max-Planck for software systems, based 2004.
- Institute for Fraunhofer for non destructive testing methods
- GermanResearch center for artificial intelligence
- Korean of institutes OF Science and Technology, 1996 created European folder one the largest Korean Forschungsinistitute.
- Working premises for Austrian literature and culture /Robert-Musil-Forschung and scientific Austria library Robert Musil Austria emphasis within the Germanistik at the university of theSaarland. It has its own library (over 12.000 volumes with Austria purchase) and archives (several deductions). Of Professor. Dr. Pierre Béhar led research establishment became in the year 2004 by the republic Austria of the titles of a “scientific Austria library Robert Musil”lent, based 1970
have Saarbruecken beyond that as large city all before-school and school educational facilities. In addition also the oldest High School of the Saarland counts with the Ludwig High School.
Culture and objects of interest
- Saarland national theatre Saarbruecken (opera, Operette, play)
the building of the national theatre1937/38 were built. The National Socialist regime donated the play place as “reward” for the voting result 1935, with which the Saarland decided for the affiliation to the German Reich. (see section history) the building served at the border of the German Reichas bulwark against the capitalistic west. The splendourful main entrance is aligned therefore also direction Paris. However never there Hitler was, but sent with the opening the realm propaganda Minister. The fascist theatre ideology was not in Saarbruecken however from long duration. Inthe war years large parts of the building were destroyed, however large parts of the technology remained and are to today still components one of the technically most flexible national theatre stages of Germany. Despite the zwiespältigen past the theatre on the bank of the Saar is more salientPart the townscape and the ensemble enjoys a good reputation. Due to strong economy measures in the cultural center stop of the country many see the quality of the mechanism threatened, which released violent discussions. The increase of the incomes becomes therefore for some weeks on everyonesold ticket a so-called “theatre euro” raised.
- Theatre over dwarf
- Studio theatre
- small theatre in the city hall
- theatre in the quarter
of orchestras and choirs
- broadcast symphony orchestra Saarbruecken - the orchestra was created 1936 and had again to be based after the Second World War. It counts nowadays toothe prominent broadcast orchestras in Germany.
- Mixed Saarbrücker lady choir was created in September 1992 and consists 2005 of fifty ladies, who from work, love and politics to sing.
- adventure museum by Heinz Rox Schulz
- medicinal plant museum
- geological museum
- local history museum pc. Arnual
- historical museum
- Modern gallery
- Saarland museum
- city gallery
- museum for pre and early history
- memorial place Gestapo camp new Bremm
- lock Saarbruecken, baroque of stack
- castle church with prince-close-calls (the baroque tower, which was destroyed in the war, is to be reconstructed shortly)
- aristocracy palaces(particularly around the Ludwig church)
- old person bridge
- old city hall Saarbruecken
- lock half suppl. (Saarland broadcast)
- federal state parliament
- city hall pc. Johann
- TV tower Saarbruecken winter mountain
- mansion Obenauer
- mine management (shortly an additional shopping centre is to develop here)
- Ludwig church (evang.), landmarks of the city
- pin church pc. Arnual (Picture) grave-put the counts of wet outer Saarbruecken with the tomb Saarbrücker of the city captain Franz Friedrich of love stone from the year 1596
- Basilika pc. Johann
- Christian king church (kath.) Saarbruecken
- catholic parish church pc. Johann
- peace church
- Johanneskirche (evang.)
- pc. Albert Kirche
other objects of interest
- of French-German ones Garden (with park railway)
- pc. Johanner market
- of rock ways in pc. Arnual
- Mithras Heiligtum to half suppl.
- Spicherer heights, directly at the city boundary to France
- zoo-logical garden
- burning mountain in Dudweiler
compared with large cities of similar size accommodates Saarbruecken one unusuallylarge homosexual scene of supraregional call. Numerous meetings as for example the Cristopher Street Day achieve regularly high numbers of visitors.
- January/February: Max Ophüls price, largest festival for the German-language new generation film
- rose Monday: Nearly night train in Burbach
- March until Octobers: each second Saturday in the month more largelyFlea market in the Franz Josef Röder road
- May: Firmly at the lock
- May/June: May celebration in Burbach
- May: Perspectives you Théâtre
- June: “Light and flowers”
- at the beginning of of June/at the end of of August: “Sundays to the lock”
- 11,00 o'clock - Matinée: Live-concert of the directions Blues and Rhythm “n” Blues
- 15,00 o'clock- Culture for Kids: Child program
- 18,00 o'clock - Soirée: Live-concert of the directions A-Cappella, Pop, skirt & radio
- July/August: Old part of town celebration in pc. Johann
- July/August: Nauwieserfest in pc. Johann
- July/August: Christopher Street Day
- August: “Saarspektakel”
- Septembers: French-German wine market
- Septembers: Firmly around the Ludwig church
- Octobers:“Intermarionett” (puppet theatre festival)
- November: “Electricity” - festival
- 1. Adventswochenende: Alto Saarbrücker Weihnachtsmarkt around the lock
- November/December: Christkindl market on the pc. Johanner market
most well-known soccer association of Saarbruecken and the Saarland is the 1. Fiber plastic Saarbruecken. It played altogether five play times in the soccer federal league:1963/64, 1976-1978, 1985/86 and 1992/93. Venue of the Heimspiele is the Ludwig park stadium.
The Saarland football federation is settled just like Saarland Turnerbund and many further sport professional associations in Saarbruecken in the Hermann Neuberger Sportschule. This becomes from the national sport federation for the Saarland operated.
In Saarbruecken is also the olympia base Triathlon.
the city Saarbruecken and/or. those today to Saarbruecken of former cities and municipalities belonging to lent the honour citizen right to the following persons (listing chronologically after award):
- 1790: August William Iffland, Actors
- 1885: Otto von Bismarck, realm chancellor (starting from 1895 also honour citizen of pc. Johann and Malstatt Burbach)
- 1890: Julius Kiefer, buyer
- 1893: Ernst Wagner, Glasfabrikant (honour citizen of pc. Johann)
- 1896: Eduard von Pestel, Generalmajor (honour citizen ofOld Saarbruecken and pc. Johann)
- 1897: Gustav Samuel Daniel break, Bierbrauer (honour citizen of pc. Johann)
- 1897: Emil Haldy, entrepreneur (honour citizen of pc. Johann)
- 1897: Ferdinand Riotte, lawyer (honour citizen of pc. Johann)
- 1904: Gustav Leopold Ilse, EvangelistMinister (honour citizen of pc. Johann)
- 1906: Theodor Cormann, Landgerichtspräsident (honour citizen of old Saarbruecken)
- 1907: Friedrich William field man, civil engineer and mayor (honour citizen of old Saarbruecken)
- 1910: Eduard Adt, manufacturer and mayor (honour citizen of Ensheim)
- 1913: Dr. Constanz ofBaltz, head of the provincial government
- 1930: Professor. Dr. OSCAR Orth, physician (honour citizen of Ensheim)
- 1934: Paul von Hindenburg, Reichspräsident
- 1952: Adolf William, teacher (honour citizen of Ensheim)
- 1952: Dr. h. C. Karl Lohmeyer, art historian and Volkskundler
- 1954: The Jakobs Michels, miner and mayor (honour citizen of old person boiler)
- 1958: Andreas Kremp, teacher (honour citizen of Eschringen)
- 1959: Ludwig glazier, foreman and mayor (honour citizen of Güdingen)
- 1959: William Huppert, molder and local chief (honour citizen of Güdingen)
- 1959:Smelling pool of broadcasting corporations Becker, wholesale merchant and politician
- 1961: Franz Josef Bungarten, catholic minister
- 1961: Karl Franz, catholic minister
- 1965: William turn, catholic minister (honour citizen of Dudweiler)
- 1966: Sister Gottfrieda, alias IDA Hartmann, Ordensfrau and nurse (honour citizen of Ensheim)
- 1966: Carl August Hertel, Evangelist minister (honour citizen of Dudweiler)
- 1966: Peter Weber, catholic minister (honour citizen of Klarenthal)
- 1967: Heinrich those wine, manufacturer (honour citizen of Dudweiler)
- 1969: Dr. Walter Lutz, physician (honour citizen of Güdingen)
- 1969: Johanna spiral,Diakonieschwester (honour citizen of Güdingen)
- 1970: Emil shepherd, broadcast moderator and mayor (honour citizen of Güdingen)
- 1971: Roger Bigot, mayor (honour citizen of old person boiler)
- 1973: Reinhold be silent, buyer and mayor (honour citizen of sheep bridge)
- 1987: M. Jean Porhiel, *9. July1907 † 22. February 1991, journalist and founder of the partnership between cities with Nantes
- 2003 postum: Willi count, resistance fighter in the third realm, member of the white rose, *2. January 1918 in cake home with Euskirchen, buildup in Saarbruecken, † 12.Octobers 1943 (executed)
in addition were Adolf Hitler (leader and realm chancellor), Dr. William Frick (realm Minister of the Interior), Dr. Joseph Goebbels (realm propaganda Minister), Hermann Göring (realm marshal), Josef Bürckel (gau leader and realm governor) and Dr. Fritz Todt (realm Minister for armament and ammunition) honour citizen of Saarbruecken. These personsbecame on resolution of the town councillor of the 3. April 2001 from the list of the honour citizens painted.
Sons and daughters of the city
- 1836, 30. March, Carl Ferdinand baron von Stumm-Halberg (until 1888: Carl Ferdinand mute), † 8. March 1901 in half suppl., Montanindustrieller, free-conservative politician and realm tag delegate
- 1889, 21. May, in old person boiler, Michael Schulien, Missionar, Völkerkundler, Vatikanmitarbeiter, 1948-1956 papal Apostoli Visitator for the Saargebiet, † 4. May 1968 in Rome
- 1899, 12. August, Peter Altmeier, † 1977 in Koblenz, politician (center, CDU), MdL (Rhineland-Palatinate), Prime Minister von Rheinland-Pfalz (1947-1969)
- 1902, 6. May, Max Ophüls, † 26. March 1957 in Hamburg, director (“Lola Montez”, “thatReigen ")
- 1906, 9. October, Wolfgang Staudte, † 19. January 1984 in Zigarski/Yugoslavia, director
- 1907, 22. February, Heinrich cutter, † 12. January 1974, politician (FDP/DPS), MdB, MdL (Saarland)
- 1908, 24. September, Egon pure ore, † 23. April 1959 in Saarbruecken, politician (CDU), MdL (Saarland), Prime Minister of the Saarland (1957-1959)
- 1910, 11. September, Gerhard Schröder, † 31. December 1989 inKampen/Sylt, politician (CDU), MdB, Federal Minister of the Interior (1953-1961), Federal Ministers of Foreign Affairs (1961-1966), Federal Ministers of Defense (1966-1969)
- 1915, 12. July, Otto stone ore, † 3. March 1978 in meal, photographer
- 1923, 23. November, Frederic Vester, 2. November 2003in Munich, biochemist and environmental expert
- 1927, Tzvi Avni, Israeli composer
- 1929, 4. October, Marianne Schultz Hector, German politician (Kultusministerin Baden-Wuerttemberg 1991-1995)
- 1938, 3. August, Ingrid Caven, actress
- 1942, 25. September, Franz Ruland, managing director of the federation of German old age pension insurances
- 1943, 19. July, Ursula Seiler Albring, FDP - politician and ambassador
- 1952, 7. March, Peter Dörr, Komponist, Produzent
- 1954, 19. January, Joachim cover arm, hand ball player
- 1960, 17. April, in old person boiler, Jörg Michael Peter since 2003 catholic bishop in the diocese Trier
- 1962, 18. May, Sandra Cretu, Popsängerin (“Sandra”)
- 1963, 11. September, Claudia Kohde Kilsch, German Tennisspielerin
- Katharina Weissgerber, called school TZE Katrin, born in Schwarzenholz/Saar, Samariterin of the battle on the Spicherer heights with Saarbruecken 1870
- of Prussia cities - memorandum to the 100-jährigen anniversary of the city order of 19. November 1808; hrsg. on behalf the executive committee of the Prussian one City daily of Professor. Dr. Heinrich silver-slide, Berlin, 1908
- city book Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland; Volume IV 3. Volume from “German city book. Manual of urban history - on behalf of the working group of the historical commissions and with support of the German city daily, the German standard wareand the German municipality daily, hrsg. by Erich Keyser, Stuttgart, 1964
- history of the city Saarbruecken, hrsg. by Rolf joke-break into, Saarbruecken 1999, ISBN of 3-930843-41-2, 2 volumes, together approx. 1,450 sides; Volume 1: From the beginnings to the industriellen departure (1860), volume2: Of the time of stormy growth up to the presence
Web on the left of
|Wikinews: Saarbruecken - current messages|
|Wiktionary: Saarbruecken - word origin, synonyms and translations|