the term collecting designate the systematic the search, procurement and keeping of a defined kind or category of things or information.
In former times collecting was critical and strongholds of food. Today collecting is operated mainly as hobby, and is above all a phenomenon of the western industrialized countries. Besides there are also professional, institutionalized collections, z. B. of museums, libraries and archives.
table of contents
collecting as hobby
fundamental knows and will collected everything, from space reasons above all however handy things. There is the systematic collecting tank, the one certain area, one epoch, kindor products of a manufacturer as completely as possible to possess wants, and the rather unsystematical collecting tank, which collects only the things, which please him.
Many collecting tanks organize themselves in associations. Also exchange stock exchanges are organized, where the collecting tanks can to take up and pieces of collecting tank exchange or buy contact with one another. Inpopular assembly areas can dealers thereby their living costs earn, and many objects are made also of commercial interest particularly for collecting tanks in limited editions (with collecting tank certificate). Some particularly desired manufacturers organize own collecting tank clubs with special offers.
Sources of find for collecting tanks often are Auctions, flea markets, antique shops or second-hand bookshops and increasingly on-line offers. Internet has special meaning for collecting tanks of very exotic things, which can exchange themselves so simply and fast world-wide. Usually the preservation degree of the collecting objects is along also for the final appointment of the price.
popular assembly areas
gives innumerable things, which are collected: Picture postcards, antiques, autograph maps, cars (in particular valuable old timers), car - or railway models, beer cover (beer felt), beer doses or bottles, sheet metal toy (in particular Märklin - model courses or Schuco - car), stamps, writing paper, Briefbeschwerer, books, Champagnerdeckel (Capsules de champagne), Comics and Comic Merchandise, e.g. Disneyana, lighters (and particularly Zippos), painting, diagrams, handbags, cameras (in particular Leicas), works of art, coins (see Coins collect), collecting pictures, records, butterflies, shoes, napkins, savings doses, matchboxes, calling cards, figures from surprise eggs, weapons, cigarette pictures, Zuckerbriefchen and much more besides.
receives professional collections within the range of the museums and archivesits official frameworks. These decrease/go back in many cases to private collections of princes and rulers , who wanted to catch an image of the cosmos by the creation of the collection, in order to demonstrate thereby their power. For example Rudolf were II. and August the strong one as inspiredCollecting tank admits. For museum collections the systematic documentation of the find circumstances and the customs context of the things is substantial. In the museum it concerns however not only around collecting and documenting, as well as archiving and conserving, but also educational presentation and switching (Museumspädagogik).
Also scholars andWissenschafter remained as collecting tanks in memory:Petrarca about bequeathed its enormous book collection to the venezianischen state with the condition to make these accessible for the public. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe karikiert itself and its collecting passion in the dialogue of the collecting tanks and the Seinigen (ISBN 90-5705-066-8) even as that Beherr, which models „the world after its idea “. It is to have possessed an art collection also over 25.000 unique pieces.
psychology of collecting
psychological regarded a collecting several aspects:
- To chase and collecting
- humans, i.e. the chase urine-stank anda collecting, step here to day: The chase after still missing unique pieces in the collection and collecting as a sign of possessing. These two instincts were survive necessary for Urmen, since they made the access to food for it possible.
- Dominance impulse
- in „possessions want “from pieces of collecting tankis expressed a power demonstration and „controlling want “.
- Alternate behavior
- humans, who are overtaxed by their everyday life, often flee in collecting, because they can work satisfactorily there, on a reduced and visible operating field. Also the fear of social contacts can to a retreat and tooa preferential occupation with articles lead.
- These get compensation of unfulfilled
- social desires humans, who experience confirmation and acknowledgment in the everyday life not sufficiently, with the help of their collection in circles of other collecting tanks.
- Compensation of unfulfilled sexual desires
- victory mouth Freud (even with enthusiasm the Skarabäen, rings and Statuetten) sees the collecting tank passion collected also as spare satisfaction for the compensation of unfulfilled sexual desires.
- Accomplishment of under-conscious fears
- collecting and strongholds can be the basis also a under-conscious fear of lack, which can be compensated with collecting. Collecting is frequent therefore with humans, in theirExperienced childhood lack (z. B. Poverty, war experiences, lack of the post-war period etc.).
Collecting tanks can purge to the disease symptom of collecting rage and neglect themselves, the partnership and other social contacts. In extreme cases it can lead as craze to the fact that not only a collection in one clearlydefined subject it is put on but that everything is collected: each piece packaging paper, each Kassenbon, everything which the collecting tank into the hands comes. (see. z. B. Bibliomanie and measuring IE syndrome).
See also obsessional neurosis.
positives psychological aspects of collecting
beside that further aboverather negative psychological aspects mentioned of collecting there is however a whole number of positive aspects, which are specified in part here:
- Relaxation: To collect leisure activities can in a world, which is coined/shaped by hecticness and stress, as relaxing activity against
- work: In times, wherehumans more spare time have, serve a collecting of certain objects the pastime and steer the boredom against
- further training: Collect serve the further training in the spare time, there collecting tanks with historical, art-historical and geographical aspects to usually argue must
- contact to other humans:In the modern society, where many humans must fight against a Vereinsamung, the exchange with gleichgesinnten collecting tanks makes social position for contact and personal communication possible with
- these collecting tanks: Since the collecting tank to a completely determined assembly area of an acknowledgment will find large collection at least with gleichgesinnten collecting tanks,its position in the society [
philosophy of collecting
newer one philosophical considerations criticizes a one-sided, psychopathologisierende view of collecting (than „zwangsneurotisch “) and puts in contrast to this the accent on the creative power of collecting than organization of its own „desire world “.
collectingas phenomenon of the industrialized countries
the complexity of the modern industrial company often wakes the desire for simplicity and comprehensibility, whose illusion can be produced by the occupation with visible assembly areas. The sort and individualizing lead besides to a lack at social authority, so that itself many humansprefers the occupation with articles dedicate. As the further point the high-grade division of labor leads to a pronounced Spezialistentum, which leads to a lack at authority in other areas of life. The consequence is a general subtle life uncertainty, which wakes again the need, itself with visible topics tooemploy, in order to re-establish a feeling of security. The general fear of loss of one's job and social descent works in the same way.
See also simple ones living.
- Andreas Grote (Hrsg.): Macrocosmos in Microcosmo. The world in the room. To the history of collecting 1450until 1800, Opladen 1994, S. 909-918.
- Werner Muensterberger: Collect. An unrestrained passion, Frankfurt/Main 1995.
- Andreas Urs summer/Dagmar winters/Miguel Skirl: The accumulation. A philosophy of collecting, Duesseldorf 2000. ISBN 3-930450-54-2.
- Philipp Blom: Collecting miracle, collecting illusion. Scenes from the history of onePassion, Frankfurt/Main 2004.
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: collect - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- Sammler.Net - the search machine to the topic a collecting
- Goethe as art collecting tanks
- sammler.com - which information network for collecting tanks
- why collecting tanks collect. Humans as hunters and collecting tanks in our currentTime
- Collect on-line one - international collecting tank portal in English language
- collecting - a didactical principle
- porta24.de - web page listing approximately around the hobby collecting
- Kunstmarkt.com - listing and information about art collect
- lily porcelain collection information/purchase/sales/exchange
- collecting tank portal - collecting tank forum