Samuel of Pufendorf
table of contents
Pufendorf is the son of the lutherischen minister Esaias Elias Pufendörfer and its wife Margarete Hickmann. Jeremias Pufendorf and Esaias of Pufendorf are its brothers.
It visited the prince school Grimma in the years 1645 to 1650. At 1650 Pufendorf began when desired to study its father in Leipzig theology; changed however soon to law. 1656 went to Pufendorf to the University of Jena, where he mainly by Professor. Erhard Weigel (ethics) was affected. Two years later, 1658, Pufendorf its study with the title of a Magisters terminated.
Still in the same year Pufendorf got a place as a house teacher with the Swedish envoy in Copenhagen and turned out there in the Swedish-Danish war into achtmonatige shank. 1659 it followed after Swedish envoys the Hague.
1661 appointed it Karl Ludwig of the Pfalz to Heidelberg, where he taught nature and international law. it went to 1668 to Lund into Sweden, 1677 changed it to Stockholm. The Swedish king appointed it the Hofhistoriographen, the secret advice and undersecretary of state. Increasingly dissatisfied with its stay in Sweden it succeeded to change only 1688 for it to Berlin to the Prussian yard, where it became also Hofhistoriograph and secret advice. 1694 it became by Karl XI. from Sweden into the baron conditions raised.
At the age of 62 years died Samuel of Pufendorf to 26. October 1694 in Berlin. He was buried near the altar of the Nicolaikirche.
A large nephew of Samuel of Pufendorf is Friedrich Esaias Pufendorf.
with its legal concept of a secular nature right and the endorsement of a uniform international law exerted relevant influence on those to Pufendorf the German in addition, European on the right of and state philosophy in 18. and 19. Century and became one the Wegbereiter of the clearing-up. Beyond that it carried a nature-legal systematization out of the earlymodern legal relations. Pufendorf derived the state formation from natural sociability and the needyness of humans to recognize the difference between right and injustice.
In the marriage right it over in “De iure the naturae et gentium libri octo “(book 6, chapter 1, §§ 9-13) out-formulated and with numerous examples proven theory of the marriage as a contract between two individuals to a Wegbereiter of the equal rights, equipped up to the contract conclusion with same rights. Many later Naturrechtler, like Christian Thomasius, Christian Wolff and Martini, develop more or less clearly on the thought Pufendorfs on the conjugal relationship of the sexes.
- De iure naturae et gentium libri octo. - Hildesheim: Olms, 2001 <Repr. D. Expenditure. Frankfurt 1711>
- De officio hominis et civis prout ipse praescribuntur puts naturali. - Buffalo, N.Y. : Hein, 1995 <Repr. D. Expenditure. 1673>
- De statue imperii germanici ad Laelium fratrem, dominum Trezolani, rather unus, Geneva (the Hague) 1667 (“Severini de Monzambano Veronensis” publishes under the alias)
- Elementorum Iurisprudentiae Universalis Libri duo. - Buffalo, N.Y. : Hein, 1995 <Repr. D. Expenditure. Jena 1660>
- Introduction to history the most distinguished realms and States of, so itziger time in Europe are, Frankfurt A. M. 1684.
- Commentariorum De Rebus Suecicis starting from Expeditione Gustavi Adolphi in Germaniam ad Abdicationem usque Christinae, 1686
- over the nature and characteristic of the Christian religion and church in reputation of the civil life and State of, 1687
- De Rebus Gestis Friderici Wilhelmi Magni Electoris Brandenburgici Commentariorum Libri, posthum 1695
- seven books of those Thaten Carl Gustavs of king in Sweden: Provide with splendid Kupffern ausgezieret and with nöthigen registers… Latch plate, Nuremberg, posthum 1697
- Denzer refuge: Moral philosophy and nature right with Samuel Pufendorf. - Munich: Beck, 1972.
- Epstein, James A.: Political Writings OF Samuel Pufendorf. - Oxford: Univ. Pr., 1994. ISBN 0-19-506560-3.
- Krieger, Leonard: The Politics OF Discretion : Pufendorf and the Acceptance OF Natural Law. - London: Chicago Univ. Pr., 1965.
- Rabe, refuge: Nature right and church with Samuel of Pufendorf. - Tübingen: Fabian, 1958
- Welzel, Hans: The nature legal doctrine Samuel Pufendorfs. - Berlin: de Gruyter, 1958 <Repr. D. Expenditure. Jena 1928>
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Samuel of Pufendorf in the catalog of the DDB
- http://gallica.bnf.fr/ digitized writings on French and English
- articles in the ADB
- http://www.bautz.de/bbkl/p/pufendorf_s.shtml biography in the church encyclopedia
- http://www.grimma.de/thgeschichte/vip2.html historical of the city Grimma
- http://gymfloeha.homelinux.net/gymfloeha/index.php?lnk=menu0/pufendorf.inc Samuel of Pufendorf High School Flöha - extensive biography
- http://wwwstud.uni-leipzig.de/~advokat/alt/95jun/pufend.htm Samuel Pufendorf - Naturrechtler and founder of the German clearing-up/historical personalities of the lawyer faculty of the University of Leipzig
- http://www.wiwi.uni-rostock.de/~polreg/content/klass_pufendorf.htm bibliography and on the left of
|NAME||Pufendorf, Samuel of|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German nature right philosopher and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||8. January 1632|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dorfchemnitz, Saxonia|
|DYING DATE||26. October 1694|