The navigation both in the interior (inland waterway craft travel) and on the lake ( the sea-going vessel travel) is an important part of the traffic infrastructure. Without the navigation many national economies would not be lebensfähig, since them ship bulk goods (e.g. Fuels, Chemiekalien and bulk).
The navigation avails itself of the water ways respectively the sea routes. Air-locks and ship lifts are hydraulic structures, which make it for the navigation possible to adjust differences in height.
An important portion of the world trade is served with the trading vessel travel, which exhibits thousands of years years an old history.
Countries, which are neighbors of seas, maintain usually naval forces (Marine ones). Exceptions of it are among other things Iceland and Costa Rica, which have no own armed forces; historically Austria Hungary maintained a war navy: the Austrian-Hungarian war navy. The meaning of naval forces back-developed in the course of the centuries.
Web on the left of
- navigation topics within the range of the WSA Minden
- training further possibilities within the range navigation
- of Germans nautical association of 1868 registered association.
- newest messages from the world of the sea-going vessel travel and many ship pictures
- further ones left to the topic „navigation “ in the open directory Project
- http://www.shipinform.org/welcome_page.htm (English)