|of these articles is occupied with the German city Schorndorf in Baden-Wuerttemberg, for the municipality of the same name in Bavaria sees Schorndorf (Upper Palatinate).|
|Coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Baden-Wuerttemberg|
|circle:||Rem Murr circle|
|kind of municipality:||Large district town|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 48° 48 ' N, 09° 32 ' O 48° 48 ' N, 09° 32 ' O
|height:||328 m and. NN|
|surface:||56.86 km ²|
|inhabitants:||39.363 (31. March 2005)|
|Population density:||692 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||73601-73614 (old 7060)|
|municipality characteristic number:||08 1 19 008|
|city arrangement:||Town center and 7 quarters|
of the city administration:
| Market place 1|
Schorndorf is a city about 26 km east of Stuttgart in Baden-Wuerttemberg. It is after Waiblingen and skin brook the third biggest city of the rem Murr circle and is central center for the surrounding municipalities.
Schorndorf exceeded 1963 the 20.000-Einwohnergrenze. Thereupon the city administration placed the request for collection to the large district town, which the federal state government of Baden-Wuerttemberg then with effect of the 1. January 1967 decided.With the municipality winter brook agreed upon the city Schorndorf a central administrative body.
Table of contents
Schorndorf lies in a deep valley extension of the rems, which are limited in the south by the Schurwald and in the north by the Berglen and by the Welzheimer forest. In the city the small rivers Schornbach and pointing run coming from the north flow into the rems. This flows throughfrom east to west the town center. The Schorndorfer old part of town is south the river.
following cities and municipalities border on the city Schorndorf. They are called in the clockwise direction beginning in the west:
Winter brook, rem waste dumps, Berglen, rudder mountain, Welzheim, Urbach, Plüderhausen (all rem Murr circle), aristocracy mountain, cheeks and Uhingen (all district Göppingen) as well as light forest district Esslingen.
Schorndorf consists of the town center and the 7 in the context of the regional reorganization of the 1970er years integrated quarters Buhlbronn, Haubersbronn, Miedelsbach, Oberberken,Smooth, Schornbach and Weiler/rems. To some the quarters belong partly living places with special name , Metzlinsweiler yard, lain still separately, to Buhlbronn, Metzlinsweiler mill to Haubersbronn, Unterberken to Oberberken and Mannshaupten to Schornbach.
With respect to the town center partially further populated areas with own name are differentiated, of themDesignations resulted in the course of history due to the land development and however usually are not exactly definable. To it for example fox yard and grey waste dump belong.
Schorndorf is a central center within the region Stuttgart, whose upper center is Stuttgart. To the central range Schorndorfbelong the south and the east of the rem Murr circle, i.e. the rem and pointing run valley as well as adjacent areas. In detail this is beside Schorndorf the cities and municipalities Alfdorf, Kaisersbach, Plüderhausen, Remshalden, Rudersberg, Urbach, Welzheim and Winterbach.
In the year 1235 the place is mentioned documentary for the first time as village “Uff the sand”. Around 1250 count Ulrich I. acquires. from Württemberg the place and removes it to the city. It becomes immediately seat of a württembergischen office. 1634 burn the city through after occupationimperial troops nearly completely off.1688 prevents the “women of Schorndorf” the delivery of the fortress to French troops under general Mélac. 1759 are raised the office Schorndorf to the upper office, but made smaller the upper office 1806 by delivery of some municipalities to the offices for neighbour.
With the circle reorganisation in Württemberg 1938 the upper office Schorndorf is dissolved. The entire Schorndorfer surrounding countryside comes to District Waiblingen. 1967 are raised Schorndorf to the large district town. In the years 1972 - 1975 is integrated 7 surrounding municipalities after Schorndorf and with the circle reform to the 1. January 1973 becomes Schorndorf part of the new rem Murr circle.
Schorndorf first Konstanz belonged and was the Archidiakonat “ ante nemus” (Black Forest) assigned to the diocese. Due to the affiliation to the duchy Württemberg was introduced here, as in the rest of Württemberg, starting from 1534 the reformation. Afterwards was Schorndorf overmany centuries an predominantly Protestant city. It became also soon seat of a Dekanats within the Evangelist regional church in Württemberg. Originally there was only the town church municipality Schorndorf, to which beside the parish church several chapels belonged. When the municipality increased by influx strongly, 1971 those becamePauluskirchengemeinde (church of 1966) and the reconciliation church municipality (church of 1974) separated. All 3 church municipalities form however further the Evangelist total church municipality Schorndorf. Also the today's quarters Schorndorfs belonged in former times to the Württemberg and are predominantly Protestant therefore. The municipality members of Buhlbronn belonged first to the Pfarrei Bouch,then to Oppelsbohm and since 1890 to the church municipality Schornbach, which became already early its own Pfarrei, but has Buhlbronn since 1971 its own church, the peace church. Haubersbronn forms its own church municipality. Miedelsbach belonged first to Lorch, then to Oberurbach, partly also to Haubersbronn, from 1807until 1989 to the neighbour municipality stone mountain (municipality rudder mountain), and is since 1989 its own church municipality, which since 1967 an own church, which has Christ church. Oberberken belonged first likewise to Lorch, later to the Pfarrei dog wood and 1859 became the place as well as Unterberken its own church municipality.Smooths was long time a branch of the Pfarrei winter brook. In 19. Century became it its own Pfarrverweserei and 1859 an independent Pfarrei, which also the neighboring place bay-strain (city Uhingen) cared for. Weiler/rem was long time a branch of Schorndorf, became however 1852 a its ownPfarrei. All church municipalities of the city Schorndorf belong to the Dekanat Schorndorf.
In 19. Also again catholics drew century after Schorndorf. 1907 became in Schorndorf the catholic church pc. Martin built and 1917 became Schorndorf its own Pfarrei. 1955 were built the new holy spirit church, the 1970 were convertedbecame. The old pc. - since that time March in church serves as chapel. To the church municipality Schorndorf belong also the catholics from Buhlbronn, upper/Unterberken, Schornbach and Haubersbronn, but give it in Haubersbronn since 1955 their own church pc. Bonifatius. The catholics from Miedelsbach belong to the Pfarrei holiest Dreifaltigkeit rudder mountain, of, But there are Weiler/rems to the Pfarrei Maria Himmelfart winter brook in Weiler since 1966 its own church pc. Stephanus. All catholic municipalities mentioned belong to the Dekanat Waiblingen, which forms the Dekanatsverband rem Murr together with the Dekanat Backnang within the diocese gang castle Stuttgart.
Beside the two largeThere are churches in Schorndorf also free churches, among them the Evangelist methodistische church, the Evangelist-freechurch municipality (Baptisten) and the Christian center Scala of the people mission Schorndorf registered association. Also the Neuapostoli church, which is Christian science and the Christian community in Schorndorf represented.
The following municipalities became into the city Schorndorf in in common December:
- 1. January 1972: Buhlbronn
- 1. January 1973: Miedelsbach, smoothing and Weiler/rem (to 16. July 1964 only Weiler)
- 1. January 1975: Haubersbronn, Oberberken with Unterberken and Schornbach with Mannshaupten
the numbers of inhabitantsare estimations, census results (¹) or official updating of the respective statistic offices (only main domiciles).
¹ census result
- CDU 11 seats
- SPD of 9 seats
- FDP - free voters of 8 seats
- alliance 90/Die the Green of 5 seats
- S.U.B. 2 seats
- PRACTICING PLUS 1 seat
at the point of the city Schorndorf are called 1290 “12 of consules seu judices”, which since 1264 “scultetus” managed. In 14. Century gives it an office man, then to Untervogt, Vogt, which was set to office Schorndorf over that entirely. The Schorndorfer Obervogt been subordinate to 1755 also the offices Waiblingen and vienna ends. In 15. Century appeared also a mayor as a representative of the court. Later there were 4 mayors and 8 judges.
Since 1819 the city head carried the designation “city-Schult-hot” since 1930 mayors and with the collection to the large district town at the 1. January 1967 reads the office designation mayor. This is selected directly by the voters on 8 years. He is a chairman of the local council. Its general deputy is the 1. Assigned to one with the office designation “first mayor” and the 2. Assigned to one with the office designation “mayor”.
City heads since 1821:
- 1821 - 1828: God praise Friedrich of Stump
- 1828 - 1866: Philipp Friedrich Palm
- 1866 - 1872: Johannes Frasch
- 1879 - 1903: Jakob Friz
- 1903 - 1905: Heinrich Beisswanger
- 1905 - 1933: Jakob Raible
- 1933 -1945: Smelling pool of broadcasting corporations Beeg
- 1945: Walter Arnold
- 1945 - 1948: God praise comb
- 1948 - 1954: Emil Hayer
- 1954 - 1962: Franz Illenberger
- 1962 - 1982: Rudolf Bayler
- 1982 - 1990: Pure hard Hanke
- 1990 - 2006: Winfried Kübler
- 2006- 2014: The choice of the successor of Winfried Kübler presumably takes place to 16. July 2006
coat of arms
the coat of arms of the city Schorndorf shows lying black deer seaweeds under golden sign head, in it, in red two diagonally crossed with the sheet upward turnedgolden spades (in former times:, Therefore Schorndorf would shear). The city flies a flag is yellow-red. Coats of arms and flag are already led for centuries.
a partnership between cities maintains partnerships between cities the city Schorndorf with the following cities:
- Sleeve in France (since 1969) Web left
- Kahla in Thuringia (since 1991) Web left
- Bury in Great Britain (since 1994) Web left
- Tuscaloosa in the USA (since 1996) Web left
- Dueville in Italy (since 1998) Web left
- Radenthein in Austria (twin city of the quarter Weiler/rem since 1966) Web left
economics and infrastructure
by the city Schorndorfs leads the federal highway 29 Stuttgart - Aalen. It is developed as by-pass road and leads north around the town center. The next motorway connection place is Aichelberg at A 8 Stuttgart Ulm.
The city Schorndorf is with many city planners by its numerous Roundabouts admits, since it took a country wide role of the pioneer with the building of this traffic washer.
Schorndorf is because of the rem course Stuttgart Aalen. The station Schorndorf is final stop of the line S 2 (Stuttgart Schorndorf) of the rapid-transit railway Stuttgart. A further critical point in the Schorndorfer city is Weiler/rem. From Schorndorf operates alsonorthward the pointing run valley course after rudder mountain. Stops in the Schorndorfer city are hammer blow, Haubersbronn and Miedelsbach. Furthermore numerous Buslinien operate in the city. All lines operate traffic and tariff group at uniform prices within Stuttgart (VVS).
in Schorndorf gives itall enterprises of the electrical industry and mechanical engineering. From once flowering leather industry only a larger enterprise remained. The largest companies are:
- Building farmhand of domestic appliances GmbH - household appliances
- DUSYMA kindergarten need GmbH
- Oskar impudently GmbH + cost. Kg - Engine works
- PCI services GmbH - packing service for medicalProducts
- Württembergi Porzellanmanufaktur - today this porcelain is very much in demand with collecting tanks
- thimble factory J.F. Gabler - around 1900 85% of the world production of the company Gabler came - today are these implements looked for collecting tank objects
- the “Schorndorfer message” as daily paper and
- “Schorndorf current/Schorndorfer weekly paper” as weekly indicator sheet (Thursday) with reports of the urban Pressestelle and association message
courts, authorities and mechanisms
Schorndorf has a district court, which to regional court - and higher regional court district Stuttgart belongs, furthermore a tax office, a notary's office and a branch office of the district administration office rem Murr circle.
The city is also seat of the church district Schorndorf of the Evangelist regional church in Württemberg.
Schorndorf has 2 High Schools (castle High School and Max-Planck High School), 1 six-form high school (Gottlieb Daimler six-form high school), 2 reason and hauptschule with work six-form high school (Keplerschule andSchillerschule Haubersbronn), 1 hauptschule with work six-form high school (Karl Friedrich Reinhard school), 1 promotion school (Albert Schweitzer school), 3 primary schools in the town center (fox yard school, Künkelinschule and lock barrier school) as well as ever a primary school in the quarters Miedelsbach, Weiler/rem (Reinhold Maier school), Oberberken (Schurwaldschule) and Schornbach (Sommerrainschule). In the quarter Buhlbronn is a branch office of the neighbourhood school Buhlbronn Vorderweissbuch, of themSeat in the municipality Berglen is.
The rem Murr circle is school carrier of the two vocational schools (count mountain school - commercial ones school and commercial school), as well as the Fröbelschule for mental ones and handicapped persons with school child garden for mental ones and handicapped persons and the school child garden for languageobstructed.
The private evening six-form high school Schorndorf registered association.the school offer rounds in Schorndorf off.
culture and objects of interest
of culture enterprises
the “club Manufaktur” is a supraregional estimated culture enterprise with varied, alternative program of politics, music, theatre up to dance. (Internet address: www.club-manufaktur.de)
figures the theatrePhoenix is a theatre for young and alto. It produces fairy tale working on or literary collecting mains with table figures, puppets, shade and hand figures above all like e.g. Kinderbücher. Regular concert u.Theaterveranstaltungen gives it in
the “city museum” with the town church is in two half timbered houses, the former latin school and the earlier “German school” accommodated and the city and culture history Schorndorfs and its closer environment shows.
The “birth house of God-dear Daimler” in the Höllgasse was furnished to 1979 as museum and conference center Mercedes Benz AG (DaimlerChrysler AG).
Those“Gallery for art and technology” in the Arnold area was opened 2004.
the historical old part of town and the market place with the market well and numerous historical half timbered houses is particularly considered as one of most beautiful Germany. Here the city hall, that stands from 1726 until 1730 one built, and as landmarks applies for the city. Nearby the Palm pharmacy, the Gottlieb Daimler monument and the mosaic “the women of Schorndorf” of 1965 as well as the former house of Barbara Walch Künkelin. South the market place rises the Evangelist town church from 1477 and not far of itas well as the former latin school, in that the city museum is accommodated the house at the Gumpbrunnen.
The castle lock was built by duke Ulrich 1538. It was cornerstone of the fortress established at large expenditure and outlasted all storms, also the conflagration of 1634, those nearly the entire cityin debris and ash put.
In the west is God-dear the Daimler birth house in the Höllgasse with (small) a museum and former old persons the bath. The market place is northern the former hospital to find city archives and the castle lock.
Telecommunication tower “Schorni” in the industrial area Schorndorf west (geographical coordinates: 9°30'43 " eastern length, 48°48'25 " northern latitude)
in the quarters gives it the following churches:
The Evangelist church Haubersbronn is a choir side tower plant early 16. Century,but the church was several times extended and changed. The Evangelist parish church Oberberken was built 1859 in place of a church, which was established before 1490. 1974 were again converted it. The Schlichtener Evangelist church was again built 1717 as rectangle hall without tower. The predecessor church, 1460 mentionedChapel had been down-burned 1707. The Evangelist church Schornbach was built 1472. The ship was provided however only 1722.
- each year takes place on the next to last weekend (Friday Tuesday) before beginning of summer holidays the city celebration Schorndorfer week. Usually is thatIn the middle of July.
- On Saturday the SchoWo weekend ago annually the large urban flea market takes place in the Schorndorfer city center. One of the largest and most popular flea markets in the rem valley.
- Each year takes place in July the Schorndorfer scooter Jux Rallye.
of sons and daughtersthe city
- Barbara Walch Künkelin (1651 - 1741), mayor wife, 1688 Schorndorf protected against French plundering by Brigadier General Ezéchiel de Mélac
- Ludovike Simanowiz (1759 - 1827), painter
- Karl Friedrich pure hard (1761 - 1837), French statesman and writer
- Johann Philipp Palm (1766 - 1806), of Napoleon of executed booksellers
- God-dear Daimler (1834 - 1900), engineer, technical designer and Industrieller.
- Dr. Reinhold Maier (1889 - 1971), Prime Minister of Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Kostas Konstantinidis (1972 -), Greek football national player
- Bernd May countries (1971 -), German running driver and Safety Car - pilot in the formula 1
the citySchorndorf lent the honour citizen right to the following persons:
- 1949: Dr. Reinhold Maier, liberal of German politicians (see below. Sons and daughters of the city)
- 1951: Hermann Arnold (* 1. January 1888; † 7. June 1973), manufacturer and honour senator
- 1954: Eugen Bentel (*21. August 1886; † 2. May 1969),Mayor in Haubersbronn
- 1961: Walter Arnold (* 19. June 1891; † 20. Oktober.1973), manufacturer
- 1967: God praise comb (* 21. October 1897; † 20. November 1973), Minister of State, Social Democrat
- 1986: Karl choice (* 10. June 1909; † 22. March 1986), town councillor, Social Democrat
- 1988: Fritz Abele (* 7.January 1915; † 18. May 1994), Dipl. - engineer (FH)
- 1998: Johann Philipp Palm (* 9. October 1918; † 8. May 2004), pharmacists
- 2005: Dr. Werner Lempp (*1929 as a son of a Dekans in Esslingen), managing director, town councillor, circle advice, Christian democrat
- Württembergi city book; Volume IVVolume Baden-Wuerttemberg volume 2 from “German city book. Manual of urban history - on behalf of the working group of the historical commissions and with support of the German city daily, the German standard ware and the German municipality daily, hrsg. by Erich Keyser, Stuttgart, 1961
- Schorndorf; Book of pictures of Gabriel Habermann, silver castle publishing house ISBN:387407661X
Web on the left of
- Internet operational readiness level of the city Schorndorf
- city museum Schorndorfs
- information about the quarter smoothing and the wet oh valley
- information about the Freiwillige fire-brigade of the city Schorndorf
Alfdorf | Allmersbach in the valley | Old hut | Aspach | Auenwald | Backnang | Berglen | Burgstetten | Skin brook | Large-laugh | Kaisersbach | Cores in the rem valley | Kirchberg to the Murr | Basket | People brook | Murrhardt | Oppenweiler | Plüderhausen | Rem waste dumps | Rudder mountain | Schorndorf | Schwaikheim | Mirror mountain | Sulzbach to the Murr | Urbach | Waiblingen | Wine city | White oh in the valley | Welzheim | Vienna ends | Winter brook