Swabia stands both for the group of peoples for that Swabia, which is partly equated with the Alemannen, regarded partly as sub-group the same, and for the landscape Swabia, which existed in the Middle Ages also as political regional administrative body.
Table of contents
the term Swabia arises in the following meanings:
group of peoples and dialect
the term bezeichet oneGroup of peoples and/or. the speakers of a certain dialect. The term first derived from the Germanic race of the Sueben. Into the Roman and/or. this race is partly added to latin sources the Alemani, set partly with them directly, from which itself thatUnderstood Alemannen derives. Alemannen and Swabia can be regarded from historical view thus as and the same.
Nowadays as Swabia above all the speakers of the Swabian dialects are understood. Becomes often “alemannisch” between the speaking Badenern (south of Baden-Baden), Natives of Alsace and Schweizern as well as “Swabian” the speaking upper swabia, Württembergern and Bavarian swabia differentiated between.
In Switzerland and in the Elsass one uses the term Swabia devaluing, which decreases/goes back in Switzerland to the time of the swabia war. Besides become in the Elsasscalls certain peculiarities Schwoowweziich (swabia things), what among other things therefore agitates that one tried them during its time as realm country 1870-1918, the Swabian turning week almost-brings.
Swabia is also the name for ethnic Germans a minority in the west of Romania with thatCenter Temeswar and/or. Temeschburg (Banater Swabia). This decreases/goes back to the settlement of Swabia as Kolonisten in these areas particularly after driving the Osmanen out .
Danube swabia designates ethnic Germans a minority in the Vojvodina (today part of Serbia), Slawonien (Croatia) and south Hungary. After the Second World War most Danube swabia from the Vojvodina was driven out, just as the members of other German minorities in east Central Europe. Also their ancestors originally became as Kolonisten (not onlyfrom Swabia) in the country gotten, when the areas belonged to the habsburgischen Danube monarchy.
From it to be derived in particular the German Austrians this very day in former Yugoslavia joke-detention-casually as Swabia (Švabi) designates.
the landscape Swabia has in the today's linguistic usageno clear borders more; depending upon use it can designate a part of Baden-Wuerttemberg and Bayerns ( between Black Forest , Bodensee , Allgäuer alps , Lech , Wörnitz , Hohenlohe and Heuchelberg) or also the entire alemannische language area, also the south bathing,the Elsass, which includes German Switzerland and Vorarlberg.
The name Suebia originally designated the settlement area of the Sueben after its colonization in the today's southwest of the German-language area. Also after a majority of the suebischen trunks in the course of the people migration in the today's Galicienand/or. the name had continued to draw, remained the north of Portugal connected with the Voralpenland and to its inhabitants transferring.
The whole alemannische almost covered the Frankish duchy Swabia established again in the area of the former Kingdom of Alemannien in the early Middle AgesLanguage area, thus also the German-language parts of Switzerland.
With the end of Swabia as connected duchy and the following independence of Switzerland these increasingly no more than part of the landscape Swabia was not understood. In the follow-up of the duchy of Swabia developed underthe habsburgischen emperors the Reichslandvogteien down and upper swabia, later combined into the Landvogtei Swabia, which was again finally pawned at Austria and combined with other areas into front Austria.
Nowadays as Swabia or swabia country above all the area is understood, aboutthe speakers of the Swabian dialects one inhabits. This area distributes itself on the Lands of the Federal Republic Bavaria and Baden-Wuerttemberg. Within Baden-Wuerttemberg those inhabit Swabia above all a majority of the former country Württemberg, while in the northern part Württembergs Franconias live. InBavaria are those Swabia predominantly in the governmental district Swabia (see below) represented.
In the Land of the Federal Republic Free State of Bavaria gives it a district to Swabia as local regional administrative body and a governmental district Swabia as national administrative district. Both are for the same area (that not completely thatto historical Bavarian swabia responsibly corresponds), have however very different tasks.
“Swabia” and “Alemannen”
Swabian dialects belong linguistically regarded to the groups of dialects Alemanni. Dialektale of differences are starting from a line bath game bath - joy city - Donaueschingen - stick oh- Lindau - to find Colonel village. The historical language border corresponds to the national border of bathing and Württemberg. The transition dialect spoken at this line is Seealemanni. The stress of their self-sufficiency by both groups has however different, i.e. soziopsychologische reasonsdue to historical-political changes (associatednesses):
For similar reason later also the ruling family of Baden with success dissociated itself of the term “Swabia”, around itself thatto extract constant Annektionsgefahr on the part of the pietistischen Württemberg and give over in national new identification after the Napoleoni wars (catholic) the State of bathing a profile as independent nation. So are also this very day from the view of many Badeneronly the Württemberger Swabia, it however Badener. Here - for purposes of the demarcation - the political term “bathing” is thus confronted to the master term “Swabia”.
These dissociations and small differences have reactions to other terms: Regarding the Fasnettherefore the term is used “Swabian alemannisch”. The term “Swabian sea” for the Bodensee was only used at least since the war of independence of Switzerland (swabia war) on former realm-German (HRR) side. The adjacents resident of the Bodensee region understand themselves - inDemarcation to the old württembergischen Swabia - as upper swabia (with exception of the areas, which regard themselves as Badener and Alemannen, pleased with the secularization 1803 at bathing, e.g. Überlingen or Konstanz).
In the Swabian part Bayerns (governmental district Swabia) becomeson the other hand the term Swabia willingly uses, in order to distinguish itself from the altbairischen and Frankish part Bayerns. The population in Vorarlberg however understands itself as alemannische Austrians, but not as Swabia.
Which one often throws today Badenern to the head, is by the way originally an insult word against Swabia:Gelbfüssler. Originally the insult word Gelbfüssler was applied to the Swabia mostly by its Bavarian neighbours. In the people book of the filters Swabia is one that filters of the Bopfinger Gelbfüssler. Its name it owes to thatAnecdote, after that the Bopfinger a charge of eggs, in order to accommodate more in the car, with bare feet flatly stepped. Bopfingen lies on the Ostalb, thus far away from today's bathing.
Etymologisch decreases/goes back the name “Swabia” to the Sueben, a master's group of Germanic peoples.
In the early Middle Ages from the punctual, localreferred spheres of influence prevailing in the settlement area of the Alemannen laminar area rule had become. The Kingdom of Alemannien , that developedbut soon of Franconias under Chlodwig I. and Theudebert I. one subjected. Of beginning 6. Century on Alemannien stood as master duchy under Frankish sovereignty, to it for in the middle 8. Century one dissolved. After execution of the county reform developed in EastFrankish realm then the territorially made smaller duchy Swabia, which served control of the alpine passports with priority.
About a long time the Welfen and the Staufer argued about the supremacy in this duchy, which could finally decide the Staufer for itself.The welfische house possession in firing gau around Ravensburg and old village fell finally by hereditary contract of Welf VI., Duke of Spoleto, at its nephews Friedrich I. Barbarossa.
Under emperors Friedrich II. became pilotfishes house property, as it also that Duchy Swabia , crowning property pilotfish emperors regarded. During the time inter+rain around from 1250 to 1273 the individual partial rule of Swabia was as it were abandoned, since there was no duke, and administered themselves. As 1273 Rudolf I. of having castle of German emperorsbecame, it fixed many of the government privileges of Swabian cities and pins as realm liberty . Thus the duchy Swabia heard to exist as political unit on and disintegrated into individual counties and the realm-urban and reichsklösterlichen rule.
Most of these free realm cities, Realm pins and other smaller and larger (the area of the realm monastery wine garden covered half upper swabia) rule had up to the Mediatisierung and/or. Secularization after the realm deputation main conclusion of 1803 existed.
For the history of the duchy Swabia (915-1258) see also Swabia (duchy).
- Sebastian Sailer
- Thaddäus Troll
- Willy enrich
- OSCAR sound one
- wool Kriwanek
- walter Schult-hot
- Werner Veith
- OSCAR Mueller
- Willy Sailer
- Konrad von Jungingen
- Ulrich by June-gone
- Jürgen Klinsmann
- Harald Schmidt
- Wolfgang Schäuble
- Manfred Wörner
Swabiaas a name giver
the Schwabe actually
… is, so the self-perception many Swabia, an extremely industrious contemporary, the some as something “misprints” (blocked)appears, but with closer knowledge an informal and merry type and rather “misprinted” (fully dry humor, with motionless face stated) as “misprints” is.
The picture Swabia becomes both within and outside of Baden-Wuerttemberg usually of the “altwürttembergischen”, Protestant pietistischen Swabiawas coined/shaped, in “lutherischen Spain” the Württemberg was educated over centuries to the thriftiness and cleanliness and nevertheless its mind as “Viertelesschlotzer” retained.
This Swabia differ however very from festfreudigen humans of upper swabia, coined/shaped from the contrast and dialogue between that baroque-catholiccoined/shaped country and the usually rather civil-Protestant or cities in equal numbers with traditional world openness.
Again own regions with own humans form before the industrialization the very poor, agriculturally disadvantaged areas (pietistischen) of the Swabian Alb and (catholic) the general-outer. The straight Allgäuer,as well as the inhabitants of the eastern Bodensee region draw by a special cordialness and hospitality out remain a throat drying and also the stomach in such a way with regional “Spätzialitäten” are rarely filled.
” There is actually the “Swabia thus just as littlelike the Alemannen or Badener actually.
that the Swabia after-said slope for fiddling occupies these gladly by following inventors and technicians:
- God-dear Daimler from Schorndorf invented the automobile and the motorboat.
- Robert Bosch, among other things Automobile and electro-technology
- Artur Fischer, geb. 1912 in forest oh valley in the Black Forest, invent 1949 a Blitzlichtgerät for cameras with synchronous release, 1958 Fischer peg from nylon, “Fischer technique “- the building block principle, peg for fixing fractures, kompostierbaresKinderspielzeug from potato strength uvm. It possesses at present 1,080 patents and 5,867 patent rights.
- Andreas steal: 1950 placed STEAL the first one-man gasoline power saw of the world forwards.
- Ferdinand count von Zeppelin, first guidable airship see to Zeppelin (term clarifying)
- Johannes Kepler out becausethe city (1571-1630) the astronomical telescope developed and described the laws of the planetary motion.
- Philipp matte house cock, geb. 1739 built the first calculating machine.
- Jakob Friedrich treasurer from Ehningen invented 1831 the match and 1 year later its industrielle production.
- Matthias Hohner (1833-1902) manufactured Harmonicas and Mundharmonikas .
- Carl Lämmle emigrierte 1884 to Chicago. It created 1912 universal Studios in Los Angeles and thus Hollywood.
- Ernst Heinkel from green brook developed 1938 the “He 176”, the first rocket-claimantAirplane. To 27. August 1938 started the “He 178”, the first jet military plane.
- Ottmar Mergenthaler from Hachtel invented the writing typesetting machine linotype.
- The first newspaper appeared 1597 in Rorschach. Rorschach is today Swiss, belonged at that time to the league Sveviae (seeMap right above).
necessarily as as Schwabe feeling, but at least there born or did not grow up themselves:
- Albert Einstein, Ulm, Physiker, Nobelpreisträger
- George Elser, Hitler assassin
- God-help Fischer, musician
- Hermann Hessian, Calw, Dichter, Nobelpreisträger
- Theodor Heuss, Bundespräsident
- Friedrich Hölderlin, Dichter
- Johannes Kepler, Weil der Stadt, Astronom
- Jürgen Klinsmann, Göppingen, Fußballbundestrainer
- Eduard Mörike, Dichter
- Geschwister Scholl
- Erwin Rommel, General
- Friedrich Schiller, Dichter
- Ludwig Uhland, Poets
- Swabia place the second-strongest not genuin berlinerische group of peoples after the Turks in Berlin
- 1966 were in the southwest state in the annual average exactly 6509 humans without work - whole 0.18 per cent 
- other Land of the Federal Republic does not reach one in such a wayhigh activity rate (nearly 45 per cent) like Baden-Wuerttemberg
- the households of Baden-Wuerttemberg ordered 2003 with on the average 3,984 euro per month over the highest gross monthly income compared with the other Lands of the Federal Republic 
- Hermann Wax: Etymologie of the Swabian one -History of more than 4,300 Swabian words, Ulm 2005, ISBN 3-9809955-1-8
- Thaddäus Troll: Germany your Swabia. Vordergründig and behind jerk regard, rororo 1970
- G. Poggenpohl: Swabian kitchen, publishing house EDITION XXL, ISBN 3-89736-140-X
- minutes television film
- Germany 2003, history tells Swabian Alemanni dialects list of the gaus of
- Alamannien/ Swabia, and of Hochburgund
- upper swabia, Swabian dialects,
- railway upperSwabian baroque route, Swabian bath road Kaukasiendeut swabia children BR (star.) to the Elsass from KasperTirol as a child is away-given to work over at farmers in Swabia.