SF has its seat at the Leutschenbach in the north of Zurich and has momentarily the monopoly during the cover in thatwhole German Switzerland and in the rätoromanischen areas. Different attempts of a country-wide cover with private stations failed so far (Tele 24 of the today's SAT.1 - boss Roger Schawinski and TV3). Only the format star TV (film news) could register successes and registers it this very day. With thatPrivate station U1 TV started 2004 a further attempt of a Switzerland-far cover.
Up to 4. December 2005 was called the transmitter SF DRS. The name was a Konstrukt from SF (for Swiss television) and DRS (for Germans and RA-gate-Omani Switzerland) and corresponded thereby alsothe German-language radio of Switzerland (Swiss radio DRS).
Table of contents
SF operates three television stations:
PresseTV has its own transmission concession for programs on SF two and SF info. There the radio e Televisiun Rumantscha (RTR) radiates its transmissions in rätoromanischer language such as Telesguard (news of the day) , Cuntrasts and the Istorgia buna notg (good eight-history) over SF 1.
SF 1 and SF two are radiated in German German over antenna. SF 1, SF two and SF info. are radiated also over Swiss cable systems and SF 1 and SF two coded over satellite ( Eutelsat Hotbird). SF info. is unencrypted transferred. Further information overACCESS [
SF operates together with pool of broadcasting corporations, Second Channel of German Television and ORF the TV program 3sat. In the realigning and maintenance range SF co-operates closely with pool of broadcasting corporations and Second Channel of German Television. SF supplies also individual programs for the French-German culture program ARTE. SF is likewisePart of Eurovision. The Meteoroligists of Swiss television deliver weather information to the pool of broadcasting corporations.
in the year 2003 amounted to the market share of SF 1 (as SF1) 38%, of SF two (as SF2) 8%. To the comparison: RTL is with 7% market share at the third place.
- 1939: First public TV-Versuchsdemonstration on the occasion of the national exhibition 1939
- 1953: In 5 evenings per week the SRG sends a TV-pilot plant from the Studio Bellerive approx. in-hour program
- 1963: Radiant emittance of the first rätoromanischenTelevision broadcast
- 1964: Start of the commercial television
- 1968: Introduction of the colour television
- 1974: For the first time the consumer magazine cash fall is radiated
- 1984: Definite start of Teletext
- 1984: Start together with the Second Channel of German Television and ORF claimant 3sat - program
- 1987: Peter Schellenberg becomesto the TV-director selected.
- 1990: Start of the program schema “90”
- 1997: Start of SF2
- 1999: Start of SFi (SFinfo) in the region Zurich
- 2001: SFi is radiated again in entire German German
- 2004: Ingrid Deltenre becomes a new TV-directress
- 2005: SF DRS receivesstarting from 5. December 2005 the new name SF Swiss television. The transmitter SF2 is called again SF two. Besides the two flagships of the SF DRS, the news of the day and 10vor10 receive, a new decoration. The weather ending Meteo, the discussion transmission the club as well as the information magazine round-lookup to the summer 2006 will follow.