It began with 10 years in Munich with the struggle and reached first successes within the youth range. He learned the occupation of fitter and was busy with the German National Railroad. he struggled 1930 and 1931 for Jahn Göppingen, returned to Munich and joined the RTSG Neuaubing. Already as 20-year old it could itself qualify for the participation in the European championships in Prague. For the olympic plays in Los Angeles 1932 as well as for the European championships 1933 and 1934 were shifted each time it by its resident of Munich Ringerkameraden Wolfgang Ehrl the way. Sebastian herring was a so-called. „Hunger artists “, to who again and again it succeeded many Kilos without to large material loss to abzutrainieren, in order to be able to start in the feather/spring weight. After 1936 it struggled then only more in the easy and/or. World-suppl.-yielded.
international ones of successes
- 1931 2. Place European championships in Prague, griech. - Rome. Style, feather/spring weight, after victories over Boros, Yugoslavia, Mollet, France and a point defeat against Kustaa Pihlajamäki, Finland;
- 1935 1. Place European championships in Copenhagen, griech. - Rome. Style, feather/spring weight, after victories over Göte Persson, Sweden, Francois, France, Sven Martinssen, Norway, Hermanni Pihlajamäki, Finland and one itself defeat against Aage Meier, Denmark, not affecting no more for its title gain;
- 1936 4. Place olympic plays in Berlin, griech. - Rome. Style, feather/spring weight, after victories over Slazak, Poland, Horvath, Romania, Karcher, France, Morrell, Great Britain and a defeat against Einar Karlsson, Sweden;
In three land fights, which he denied for Germany, he achieved two victories.
successes with German championships
(gr = griech. - Rome. Style, F = freestyle, Fe = feather/spring weight, Le = Leichtgewicht, incoming goods = world-suppl.-yielded, Mi = middleweight)
- 1931 1. Place in Untertürkheim, gr, Fe, before Ernst Meier, Dortmund and Wolfgang Ehrl, Munich;
- 1932 2. Place in Dortmund, gr, Fe, behind Jaulus, Cologne and before Heinrich Schwarzkopf, Koblenz;
- 1933 1. Place in Untertürkheim, gr, Fe, before Ehrl and Hans's joke who, Dresden;
- 1934 1. Place in Nuremberg, gr, Fe, before Heinrich nice home, Cologne;
- 1935 2. Place in Munich, gr, Fe, behind George Weidner, Stuttgart and before George Pulheim, Cologne;
- 1935 1. Place in high Limburg, F, Fe, before George Pulheim;
- 1936 2. Place in Mannheim, gr, Fe, behind Eduard sparrow, Dortmund and before George Weidner;
- 1936 2. Place in Nuremberg, F, Le, behind nice home and before Fritz Weikart, horde/hurdle;
- 1937 3. Place in Karlsruhe, F, Le, behind nice home and Ehrl;
- 1938 2. Place in Breslau, F, Le, behind Weidner;
- 1939 3. Place in Nuremberg, gr, Le, behind nice home and Otto friend, Ludwigshafen;
- 1940 2. Place in Stuttgart, F, We, behind Fritz shepherd, Ludwigshafen;
- 1941 3. Place in Frankfurt, gr, Le, behind nice home and Otto deer, Munich;
- 1942 1. Place in Cologne, gr, Le, before Karl Hessberger, Dettingen;
- 1948 2. Place in bath realm-resound, gr, Le, behind Ehrl;
- 1949 2. Place in Munich, F, Mi, behind Bruno Henze, Frankfurt and before Josef Lehner, Nuremberg.
Sebastian herring won thus 16 medals with German championships in four weight classes.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of German sportsmen (rings)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||21. August 1910|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|
|DYING DATE||28. February 1978|