acquaintance sailor and sailor inside
to 700 v. Chr. - 601 v. Chr.
- Kolaios of Samos, segelte in 7. Jhdrt v.Chr. for the first time beyond Gibraltar
600 v. Chr. - 501 v. Chr.
500 v. Chr. - 401 v. Chr.
- Hanno, Karthager, investigated around 470 v. Chr. the Central African coast
- Himilkon, Karthager, investigated around 480 v.Chr. Britannien
400 v. Chr. - 301 v. Chr.
300 v. Chr. - 201 v.Chr.
200 v. Chr. - 101 v. Chr.
100 v. Chr. - 1 v. Chr.
0 99 n. Chr.
100 - 199
300 - 399
400 - 499
500 - 599
600 - 699
700 - 799
800 - 899
900 - Wikinger
1000 - 1099
- Leif Eriksson, Wikinger, around 1000 first discovery America “Vinland “
- Freydis Eric DOT animal, Wikingerin, around 1000 first EuropeanKapitänin in America
1100 - 1199
1200 - 1299
- Vadino and Ugolino Vivaldi, Italian, the brothers tried to reach 1291 as the first Africa too umsegeln and Malabar
1400 - Chinese
- , Asia and Africa, João Gonçalves Zarco , Portuguese , 1418 “rediscoverer
- ” of the larva Irish Republican Army archipelago, investigated 1499 Zheng He, it receive Funchal, Diogo de Azambuja,
- Portugiese between 1405 and 1433, 1482-1484 the first Portuguese governor, capitão mór, of Elmina,
- Bartolomeu Perestrelo, Portuguese, 1418 “rediscoverer” of the larva Irish Republican Army archipelago, it postage Santo, its daughter receives marries Kolumbus,
- Tristão Vaz Teixeira, Portuguese, 1418 “rediscoverer” of the larva Irish Republican Army archipelago, it receives Machico,
- Gil Eanes, Portuguese, leads out Afonso Gonçalves Baldaia , as the first 1434 over the cape Bojador valid as end of the world and
- returned again, Portuguese, reached 1436 the Rio de Ouro as well as Pedra and/or. Postagede Galé with for instance 22° 3 ' northern latitude,
- Dinis slide, Portuguese, reached 1444 the westernmost point of continental Africa, the Cabo Verde, Alvise Cadamosto, lain
- in today's Senegal , Italian, investigated in the service of the Portuguese 1455 and 1456the westAfrican coast and discovered three of the Cape Verdian islands,
- Didrik Pining, German, possibly discoverer America 1471,
- Diogo Cão, Portuguese, investigated between 1482 and 1489 the west coast of Africa up to whale the Bay,
- Bartolomeu slide, Portuguese, reached 1487 the cape of good hope and orbited Africa,
- Christoph Kolumbus, Italian, discovered 1492 America,
- Vasco there Gama, Portuguese, around-applies between 1497 and 1499 Africa and reached India,
- Vicente YáñezPinzón, Spaniard, discovered 1499 the delta of the Amazon and investigated later the coasts of Central America,
- Amerigo Vespucci, Italian, investigated starting from 1499 the east coast of South America,
- Pedro Álvares Cabral, Portuguese, Brazil “discoverer”, first sailor, ina journey heads for four continents: America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
1500 - Portugiese
- , from 1503 to 1515 the eastern sea route to India for Portugal Ferdinand Magellan, Portugiese conquered and defended 1599
- Alfonso de Albuquerque ,, 1519 began as the first a Weltumsegelung and investigated the Pacific
- Juan Sebastián Elcano, Basque, it succeeded between 1519 and 1522 under continuation of the expedition of Magellan as first the Umsegelung of the earth
- Giovanni there Verrazano, Italian, 1524 in the proximity of the Hudson River looked for the Dwina bay in
- the white sea Martin Frobisher, for the northwest passage smelling pool of broadcasting corporations Chancellor, Englishman , reached 1553 on the search
- for the northeast passage Englishman, discovered 1576 on the searchafter the northwest passage the Frobisher Bay Sir Francis Drake
- , Englishman, first English Weltumsegler designated after it between 1577 and 1580
- John Davis, Englishman, investigated the polar seas and coasts starting from 1585 and discovered the Falklandinseln
- Juande Fuca, Greek, drove on the Pacific ocean from Mexico to to the today's Canadian coast for the Spaniards [work on] into
the 1590er years
1600 - unclearly
- , 1606 those investigated 1699 Luis Vaez de Torres , HerkunftEnglishman, the northwest passage Abel Tasman,
- investigated archipelagoes of the South Seas as well as the south coast of new Guinea Henry Hudson , several times Dutchman
- , 1642 Tasmanien and the south island of New Zealand as well as 1643 Tonga and the Fiji islands between 1607 and discovered 1611
1700 - 1799
- Jean Baptiste Charles Bouvet de Lozier, Franzose, Antarktisfahrt 1738, if the Bouvet island discovered
- Vitus Bering discovered sea route from Kamtschatka to Alaska 1741 - 1742
- Louis Antoine de Bougainville, Franzose, around-apply as the firstFrenchman the earth 1766 - Englishman
- , John Paul Jones , undertook 1769 James Cook , American , as a father of US Navy,
- 1775 Jean François de La between 1768 and is considered 1779 three expanded Forschungsreisen approximately
- around the worldPérouse, Frenchman, investigated far parts of the Pacific 1785 - 1788
1800 - for 1899
- William Edward Parry, a Britisher, investigated between 1819 and 1827 the northwest passage
- Joshua Slocum, Canadian, around-applies between 1895 and 1898 as first humans alone the earth
1900 - Norwegian
- , the northwest passage Thor Heyerdahl, through-sailed 1999 Roald Amundsen , Norwegian, 1947
- with the raft Kon Tiki of South America between 1903 and segelte 1906 as the first after to Tahiti as well as 1970 with the papyrus boat RA II from Morocco of Barbados