Security agency Reichsführer SS
With the SD it concerned originally (1931 of Himmler created and subordinated Heydrich) first an party-internal intelligence service of the NSDAP, howeverin the course of the increasing entwinement of a party and state increasingly domestic tasks of the monitoring of the political opponents and party members were transferred. The SD was assigned the SS. 1939 the Central Reich Security Office RSHA were created by pool of state police ( SIPO) and security agency.
Numerous members of the SD became after 1945 under the line former major general of the Wehrmachts - department of foreigner of armies pure hard Gehlen transferred to western secret service organizations - first into the CIA - “organization Gehlen “,which 1956 in the again created Federal Information Service of the FRG came up.
- Shlomo Aronson: Pure hard Heydrich and the early history of Gestapo and SD. German publishing house, Stuttgart 1971
- Günther Deschner: Pure hard Heydrich. Governor of total power. Ullstein, Frankfurt/M., Berlin 1987, ISBN 3548275591
- MichaelWildt (Hrsg. and introduction):The Jew politics of the SD 1935 to 1938. A documentation. R. Oldenbourg, Munich 1995, ISBN 3486645714
- Heinz Boberach (Hg.): Messages from the realm: 1938-1945; the secret reports on the situation of the security agency of the SS, Herrsching 1984 (17 volumes)
- Michael Wildt (Hrsg.): Intelligence service, politicalElite and murder unit - the security agency of the realm leader SS., Hamburg edition 2003, ISBN 3-930908-84-0