|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||North Rhine-Westphalia|
|circle:||Rhine victory circle|
|surface:||approx. 23.47 km ²|
|inhabitants:||41.805 (30. September 2005)|
|Population density:||1704 Einwohner/km ²|
|height:||60 m and. NN|
|highest point:||215 m and. NN (Braschoss)|
|lowest point:||52 m and. NN (Aggermündung)|
|north south expansion:||5.3 km|
|west east expansion:||8.5 km|
|postal zip code:||53721|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 50° 48 ' n. Break, 7° 12 ' o. L.50° 48 ' n. Break, 7° 12 'o. L.
|official municipality characteristic number:||05 3 82 060|
|city arrangement:|| 8 local parts and/or.|
of the city administration:
| Nogenter place 10|
53721 victory castle
|mayor:||Franz chicken (CDU)|
Table of contents
with the city
victory castle is rechtsrheinisch, 26 km far away from Cologne and 10 km from Bonn, on the banks of Agger and victory. Victory castle is considered as tradition-conscious and nevertheless modern city. Victory castle hasa ICE - Station (station victory castle/Bonn) at the high-speed distance covered Cologne Rhine/Main, at which also regional courses and rapid-transit railways triumph-strain hold. Victory castle is a purchase city with special atmosphere. The town centre with its historical market place and buildings is well visible. Admitsthe city is also by the medieval Weihnachtsmarkt, with which above all the medieval handicraft art to look one places.
the area from victory castle is on a southeast Ausläufer of the Cologne bay and borders in the eastto the heights of the Bergi country, in the south to those of the Westerwaldes and the filter mountains.
victory castle the victory and the Agger are to. Of the victory branches the mill ditch in the heightthe victory weir off, flows by the city, in order to unite finally again with the victory. The moreover one the illusion brook flows by the city, which feeds the illusion brook dam.
victory castle is in the Niederrheini bay,some basin at the northern edge of the Rheini slate mountains represents. In the Tertiary period it came here to Einsenkungen, which led to the formation of this bay. In the Oberoligozän the sea was enough to in Bonn area inside. The clay/tone deposits, the late basis of theVictory citizens of ceramic(s) handicraft became, formed during the Oligozäns. To the retreat of the sea it came sedimentation of Sanden with brown coal seams. Of this area terrace systems of the Rhine and its tributaries, the victory and the Agger are characteristic. Victory castle is admits for its light-grey to to dark-yellow clay/tone which mainly to victory castle north - Gemarkung Aulgasse - was promoted and those of ceramic(s) produced from it a bright color to lend.
- 1000-500 v.Chr. Settlements at the edge of thetoday's city, on which bridging mountain and silk mountain are, by finds occupied.
- 500 n.Chr. Frankish colonization reaches the victory citizen area.
- 1060 driving the Pfalzgrafen Heinrich out by archbishop anno II. of Cologne.
- 1064 establishment of the abbey through anno II..
- 1069victory castle receives rights of coining money, the market and tariff from king Heinrich IV..
- Municipal law receives 1128 victory castle.
- 1588 unsuccessful FE storage by Spanish troops during the Truchsessi war.
- 1636 to 1638 witch pursuits in victory castle by the witch commissioner Franz Buirmann. It gives to Duesseldorf and Stadtarchiv victory castle 19 complete witch process minutes as well as process fragments in North-Rhine/Westphalian main public records:
- 1741 - 1742 occupation of the city by French troops
- 1803 driving the Benediktiner out of the Michaelsberg.
- 1816 victory castle becomes district town again formed circle victory castle,after a pool the 1820 with the circle Uckerath is renamed 1825 in victory circle.
- 1829 the viticulture at the Michaelsberg one adjusts.
- 1862 opening of the first narrow-gauge railway of Germany, the Bröltalbahn. you connected after the building of further distances in the years to1902 numerous localities between Hennef (victory), Waldbröl, Beuel, victory castle and Asbach (Westerwald).
- 1884 opening of the Aggertalbahn, the victory castle with the Bergi country connect.
- 1892 come it to the settlement of national Rüstungsbetrieben into victory castle, thatRoyal projectile factory bridging mountain and the royal fireworks laboratory, in which up to 20000 humans work.
- 2. July 1915 resettlement of the abbey on the Michaelsberg.
- 1941 second driving the Benediktiner out by the national socialists.
- Occupation of forced laborers during the Second World War throughthe Rheini Zellwolle AG, victory castle
- to 10. April 1945 becomes victory castle of parts of the 97. Infantry division of US armed forces after partial hard fights occupies. As mayor of the Americans of the German Americans Eugen bird from victory castle are used.
- 1945 return of the Benediktinerfrom exile and war shank.
- 1957 the awake battalion at the Federal Ministry of Defense and the staff music corps of the German Federal Armed Forces are stationed in the bridging mountain barracks in victory castle.
- 1969 victory castle district town of the Rhine victory circle becomes.
- 2003 binding to the ICE - distance Cologne Frankfurt.
the 44 seats of the town councillor distribute themselves as follows:
- 1946 Kaspar Heppekausen (Ehrendechant)
- 1952 Paul Hubert shopkeeper (ministers)
- 1955 Ildefons Schult it stepping house (abbott)
- 1964 Alfreds cellar (entrepreneurs)
- 1975 EleonoreCellar (Unternehmerin)
- 1975 Ewald Klett (mayor)
- 1983 Helena Schmitz (Unternehmerin)
- 1985 Hans's Alfred cellar (entrepreneurs)
- 2002 Veronika cellar (Unternehmerin)
- 1998 Placidus intermediary (old abbott)
- 2003 Wolfgang Overath
partnerships between cities
- Nogent sur Marne in France
- Guarda in Portugal
- Bolesławiec (Bunzlau) in Poland
- Selcuk in Turkey
- Orestiada in Greece
- Werder (Havel) in Brandenburg (desired)
culture and objects of interest
- studio stage victory castle
- victory citizen city museum at the market place
- victory work museum in the gate building, Alfred cellar road 55
- victory castle is garrison town for the music corps of the German Federal Armed Forces.
- The Karnevals - volume „Kribbelköpp “originates from victory castle.
- The volume „damaged mailbox “originates from victory castle.
- „Cap wire “skirt Oldies plays the victory citizens volume from 5 decades.
- Benediktinerabtei pc. Michael: The castle plant established around 800 on the then so-called victory mountain served first as seat of the respective count, who controlled the straight Auelgau. Around 1060firstrode the Cologne archbishop anno II. the castle of Pfalzgraf Heinrich and created 1064 a Benediktiner - abbey. 1803 were säkualisiert the abbey. The today's abbey is a baroque plant from that 17. /18. Century. In the abbey church is the grave Annos II. († 1075) and the Annoschrein from the year 1183.
- the parish church pc. Servatius was already established before the establishment of abbey and in 12. /13. Century to a zweischiffigen loft Basilika extends. Itaccommodates a vault with the lateromanisch--gothical church treasure of the abbey victory castle, which can be visited.
- The house to the winter, the parsonage building of the Servatiuskirche, was built between 1220 and 1230 and is the oldest, at least partly received house victory castle. It findsitself at the upper market (Griesgasse 2).
- The arsenal (arsenal road): The former royal-Prussian arsenal attained meaning, as a partisan 1849 tried the arsenal to conquer. Among them was revolutionary Carl Schurz and Gottfried Kinkel. They constituted themselves from Bonnon the way after victory castle, in Hangelar were however already stopped. That arsenal stands today under monument protection.
- Monastic church Seligenthal (sank Antonius)
- the landmark victory castle the Michaelsberg , that is from the Benediktinerabtei pc. Michael is crowned. Geologically it concerns an extinct volcano. It is near the center of the city and is considered also as a popular point of outer view.
- Like the Michaelsberg also the Wolsberge is extinct volcanos. Today landmarks of the old quarter.
- In the quarter Seligenthal is the concrete dam of the illusion brook dam, which is a popular trip goal.
- of the victory citizens Billard club registered association. exists since 1950. It takes with several crews at circle and national championshipspart.
- of the victory citizens sports association 04 start with 2 senior crews. The 1. Senior crew plays at present in the circle league A. The 2. Senior crew plays in the circle league B.
- The victory citizen TV plays with his 1. Senior crewat present in the circle league C in the circle victory, relay 2. The 2. Senior crew plays likewise in the circle league C in the circle victory, however in the relay 3. The moreover one the victory citizen TV places 8 youth crews, from the Bambinis toto the A-juniors.
- The TSV 06 Wolsdorf has for the moment three senior crews. I. Crew plays in the circle league A, while II. Crew and the again-created U23 in the circle league C play.
- The SSV Siegburg Kaldauen 1928 places toTime 2 senior crews in the circle league (B and C). Beyond that the Kaldauer traditional association has an increasing youth range.
- The association Selcuk victory castle places likewise 2 senior crews, which are represented in the circle leagues A and C.
The Braschosser TV 1913 plays with the lady and Herrenmannschaft in the 2. Federal league north.
- medieval market to Christmas
- victory citizen literature weeks (November)
- ceramic(s) market (1. Sunday in July)
- Humperdinck - music celebration (July)
- Victory citizen summer rendezvous (May - Septembers)
to end of the yearly 2001 gave it in victory castle to only 2 discotheques and/or. Club (poco Loco, garden Eden). In December 2001 the Kubana with place for 500 people openedand at the end of of 2004 changed poco the Loco the owner and concomitantly the name to Basement. In August 2005 the club opened Cave. Since 2002 regularly party rows in victory castle take place, like for example Lighthouse, nozzle, Fight club, son lodging R-S party, Funky Fiesta andThree blindly Mice Reggae parties. In the Kubana now also regularly live concerts take place.
- Abteiliqueur, manufactured after old monastery prescription from noble herbs of the Benediktinern in the abbey on the Michaelsberg. Who a bottle of itto give away wants to pay attention, should to take only green colored bottles. The artistically valuable bottles, which are from transparent glass, have the disadvantage that the Liqueur can lose therein its color.
- Michel, a bright of beer places, and the nature-cloudy Victory citizen , who in the abbey brewery, in the victory citizen Caféhaus in the wood lane are offered as well as in the restaurant „to abbey tubes “on the Michaelsberg.
economics and infrastructure
victory castle developed economically in the last years well. The number of inhabitants rises, many large-scale projects was carried out (S-Carré) and the city center grows. This is to be attributed probably also to the fact that victory castle is tied up since 2003 to the ICE Neubaustrecke Cologne Frankfurt.The moreover one many multi-storey car parks were built and extended.
the city is connected by the metropolitan railway line 66 the SSB with Bonn, those to the peak hours in the 10-minutes pulse by the Kennedybrücke and the Konrad Adenauer bridge in Bonn until Bath Honnef leads.
Since 2003 victory castle is tied up to the ICE - distance Cologne Frankfurt. Particularly for it victory castle receivednew station building with surrounding business. The station received the names victory castle/Bonn, since the ICE distance ties up over the metropolitan railway line 66 of public utilities Bonn in the 10-minutes pulse at Bonn main station. Further victory castle is appropriate to triumph-strains Cologne - for victories and becomes of Regional express - courses serves of the line RH 9. The rapid-transit railway line S 12 (Düren - Cologne - Hennef - outer ones) holds likewise in victory castle.
Since 2004 „the Michel express connects “the pedestrian precinct (wood lane) with the victory citizens abbey.
- the victory work printing inks AG was created 1830 as Kattundruckerei Rolffs & Cie in Cologne and resettled 1840 after victory castle on the victory field. With the manufactured products it acts around printing inks, among other things for the gravure technique. The enterprise is longest resident in victory castle. It operated world-wide and is one of the largest color manufacturers of Europe. By the assumption of the US-American printing ink manufacturer CCI in the year 2003 and the assumption of the SICPA Packaging in September 2005 belongsthe VICTORY WORK Group internationally in the meantime to the 4 largest printing ink manufacturers world-wide and takes place 3 in Europe after XSys and SUN Chemical.
- of Cologne city indicators, expenditure Rhine victory
- Kölni round-look, expenditure Rhine victory
- General indicator, expenditure Rhine victory rechtsrheinisch
- special edition, expenditure victory castle
- the theatre technical school victory castle is a school for representing stage art, indicated after the school regulations law size with the head of the provincial government Köln. Instruction contents are singing, Speech art, piano/music, dance, choir, Etüden, improvisation, MIME TIC, stage work (scenes and role study) and theatre history.
- Berufskolleg of the Rhine victory circle
- people's highschool Rhine victory
- Engelbert Humperdinck school of music
- High School victory castle avenue road
- annoHigh School victory castle
Six-form high schools
- Alexander of Humboldt six-form high school of the district town victory castle
- community hauptschule striking field
- community hauptschule in the school center new yard
- Adolf Kolping school
- primary school dyke house
- primary school Humperdinckstrasse
- primary school north
- primary school Siegburg Kaldauen
- primary school victory castle stable mountain
- primary school Wolsdorf
- primary school pliers
sons and daughters of the city
- Wolfgang Overath, football player, * 29. September 1943, president of the 1. Fiber plastic Cologne, member of the German national soccer team, football world champion 1974, honour citizen of victory castle since 2003
- Engelbert Humperdinck, composer, * 1. September 1854, † 27. September 1921
- Charles Wimar, painter, * 20. February 1828, † 28. November 1862 in pc. Louis, emigrated 1843 into the USA , admits by its representations of American natives
- Hermann Joseph Mohr, music scientist, * 10. January 1834, † 7. February 1892, wrote numerous church songs, among them also “a house fully Glorie looked far over all country” and “Maria broadly the coat out”
- Ernst Rolffs June., Entrepreneur * 18. March 1858, † 1939, invented the machine raster photogravure and the three-color low pressure
- Ernst H. Hilbich, actor and Kabarettist, * 16. March 1931, among other things: The Anrheiner, Late show, child physician Dr. Merrily, Willi becomes the childalready swings.
with the city connected persons
- anno II. of Cologne (also: Hanno of Cologne, Hanno II. etc.), (* around 1010, † 4. December 1075 in victory castle), archbishop of Cologne 1056-1075, holy of the catholic church
- Peter Joseph Dietzgen (* 9. December 1828 in bright mountain with Hennef, † 15. April 1888 in Chicago, the USA), worker philosopher, journalist and Lohgerber
- Heinz Irsen, composer, * 5. February 1906 in Cologne, † 11. November 1989 in Troisdorf. To the 25-year old existence of the victory citizens school of music (1967) composed Irsen its largely occupied “victory citizens fixed music”, which was uraufgeführt in the town hall victory castle with large success.
- Ulf Merbold (* 20. June 1941 in Greiz), physicist, astronaut, leaderthe European astronaut center of the ESA in Cologne, lives in victory castle.
- Tom Buhrow (* 29. September 1958 in Troisdorf with victory castle), made its Abitur at the victory citizen annoHigh School for 1978, in the meantime directors/conductors of the Washington one) external office of the pool of broadcasting corporations.
- Markus Maria Profitlich (* 25. March 1960 in Bonn), Comedian, visited the hauptschule striking field in victory castle and was group leader in the there CVJM.
- Carl TIG and Maximilian Jacobi, physician and director of establishment of the first Rheini Provinzial Irrenheilanstalt, * 10. April 1775 in Duesseldorf, † 18. May 1858 in victory castle.
victory citizen originals
- Lottchen - „an exhibit “in the victory citizen museum reminds of a deceased victory citizen original: Lottchen, the Maskottchen of the museum. Lottchen is specially made for the museum a life-genuine doll, inModel in the victory citizen life had, which particularly the older victory citizens can still remember:Hermaphrodit, kleinwüchsig, flying iron goods dealer. Today Lottchen has a continuous place in the forum of the museum, each guest saw, each exhibition saw and also the dayprojected, at which a newly adjusted caretaker took and unsuccessfully for going requested the figure for genuine early in the morning with service start.
victory castle in the literature
- in Henning Mankells in the year 2004 published novel depth finds victory castleMention (S. 204). The main figure, the naval officer and sea-survey engineer Lars Tobiasson Svartmann, meet in the Swedish crowds the German armed forces deserter Stefan Dorflinger, „born in victory castle to 12. September 1888 “.ISBN 3-552-05343-3
- Wilfried Esch: Murder in sank Michael.VMS, sankAugustin 2005, ISBN 3-936253-32-3
- George Renard: Dead one in the victory. 2003, ISBN 3-936253-19-6
- Wolfgang Teunissen: The Michaelsberg. 2000, ISBN 3-89811-756-1. Thriller - the journalist Oskar Berggathe comes into a mysteriöse history. Its searches lead it after Duesseldorfand victory castle, the city with the Michaelsberg. In addition unbelievable procedures belong behind firmly locked monastery doors as well as the world of the international stock exchange speculation.
Web on the left of
Alfter | Bath Honnef | Fount home | Eitorf | Hennef (victory) | King winter | Lohmar | Meckenheim | Much | Niederkassel | Neunkirchen Seelscheid | Rhine brook | Ruppichteroth | Sank Augustin | Victory castle | Swisttal | Troisdorf | Being awake mountain | Wind-hit a corner