Slavkov u Brna
Already thatChronicler Cosmas of Prague mentioned this village. It belonged once to the area of the southeast Mährisch Slowaki realm of the Lucka. Beginning 13. Century established the German knight medal a monastery fortress, whose remainder is visible this very day in the Kellergewölbe of the lock. The first written mentions come outthe year 1237. After the dissolution of the medal the rule property changed into changing everyday possession. Beginning 15. Century prevailed the Mr. von Sternberg in Austerlitz. In the year 1509 the aristocracy sex of Kaunitz transferred the rule over the city and for more than four centuriesthe rule property.
Table of contents
objects of interest
- the baroque castle Austerlitz has 115 Gemächer and an impressive lock park. It was built by the Italian architect Domenico Martinelli. In itsHistorical hall became after the battle with Austerlitz to 6. December 1805 an armistice between France and Austria signs.
- At the main place is the city hall, a Herrschaftliches house and parts of the old city attachment.
- Temple of the Auferstehung (southern side of the main place). The klassizistische buildingwith three pulpits 1786-1789 were established by the Viennese yard architect Johann Ferdinand rushing village by high mountain.
- St.Johannes that Täufer church (on the cemetery area). The church accommodates closely from Kaunitz.
- St.Urbanus chapel (northern on the hill of the same name). With the battle with Austerlitz, 1712 damaged delighted chapel 1858-1861 were again built.
- Jewish monuments. Is from the Jewish quarter existing since 1343 only the synagog (from the year 1858) and the Jewish school receive. Somewhat outside is the Jewish cemetery.
several kilometers found monuments to
the battle with Austerlitz the battle with Austerlitzeast of Austerlitz instead of. In view of the rural area the objects of interest can be attained only conditionally with public means of transport. The easily hilly area is coined/shaped and since the battle, apart from the expansion of the villages, few changed of the agriculture far away. Unfortunately those crossesMotorway the battleground.
- The old person post office (stará pošta) in Kovalovice is an original received building from the year 1785, which serves today as hotel and restaurant. At the 28.November 1805 was here the headquarters of the Kavalleriegenerals Murat, before the Russians on the day of the battlethe headquarters of general Bagration furnished. Napoleon stayed overnight here after the battle and negotiations to the armistice led. A small museum reminds of it.
- On the hill Santon west the village Tvarožná is a small white chapel. The hill permitted the northern to the French artilleryTo dominate part the battleground. Here the annual representations of battle scenes (Reenactments) take place.
- On the hill Žuráň was the headquarters of Napoleon Bonaparte. Here is a granite right parallelepiped with a relief of the battle process.
- In the village Šlapanice are several mass graves alsoa Monument.
- Grave hill of the peace (mohyla míru) on the bracket hill. The battle monument at the village Prace on the battleground of Austerlitz was established after the draft by Josef Fanta in the years 1910-1912. Because of the First World War it only 1923 was opened. It26 m are highly, square, with four woman statues, which symbolize France, Austria, Russia and Mähren. On the inside a chapel with a dead house with Gebeinen is pleasure. Behind the monument a small museum describes the course of events of the battle.
- Not far of the village Křenovice is a weathered Peace cross.
- With the old vineyards (staré vinohrady) with Blažovice, the three-emperor monument stands for the place of meeting the French and Russian Gardekavallerie.
The hill Santon (with visitors to 200. Anniversary of the battle)
the peace monument
the dome of the peace monument
interior opinion of the peace monumentwith wreaths/rings to 200. Anniversary of the battle
Monument the three-emperor battle with the old vineyards
Abendliche park opinion of the lock Austerlitz
after the German designation of the city became - because of the victory of the napoleonischen troops - and. A. the warship Austerlitz of the French navy, the Quaid'Austerlitz in Paris and that Paris station refines d'Austerlitz designated.
of sons and daughters of the city
- Peregrin Obdržálek, Czech catholic priest, author of religious literature
Web on the left of
coordinates: 49,153° N, 16,877° O
Bohaté Málkovice - Bohdalice Pavlovice - Bošovice - Brankovice - Březina (TÜP) - Bučovice - Dětkovice - Dobročkovice - Dražovice - Drnovice - Drysice - Habrovany - Heršpice - Hlubočany - Hodějice - Holubice - Hostěrádky Rešov - Hoštice Heroltice - Hrušky - Hvězdlice - Chvalkovice - Ivanovice well Hané - Ježkovice - Kobeřice u Brna - Kojátky - Komořany - Kozlany - Kožušice - Krásensko - Křenovice - Křižanovice - Křižanovice u Vyškova - Kučerov - Letonice - Lovčičky - Luleč - Lysovice - Malínky - Medlovice - Milešovice - Milonice - Moravské Málkovice - Mouchnice - Mouřínov - Němčany - Nemochovice - Nemojany - Nemotice - Nesovice - Nevojice - Nížkovice - Nové Sady - Olšany - Orlovice - Otnice - Podbřežice - Podivice - Podomí - Prusy-Boškůvky - Pustiměř - Račice-Pístovice - Radslavice - Rašovice - Rostěnice-Zvonovice - Rousínov - Ruprechtov - Rybníček - Slavkov u Brna - Snovídky - Studnice - Šaratice - Švábenice - Topolany - Tučapy - Uhřice - Vážany - Vážanynad Litavou - Velešovice - Vyškov - Zbýšov - Zelená Hora