sports car running are a form of the automobile haven with racing cars, particularly by two seats and with fenders and/or. Wheel housings disguised wheels are characterized.
Sports car-run with vehicles are delivered, which were designed particularly for it or are related to to road-certified sports cars. They take an intermediate position between the formula sport with its compromiseless Monoposti and the route car running with their seriesnear vehicles. Run to the sports car world championship as long-distance running over a longer distance were usually delivered, for example 1000 km, or than 6, 12 - or 24-Stunden-Rennen.
The prestige of marks such as Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, AUDI, Ferrari, Jaguar, Maserati, Mercedes Benz, and above all Porsche bases partially in their successes when sports car running. Series vehicles, which were sold of this manufacturer and become, are sometimes similar in technology and appearance to the vehicles inserted into this running. Often however only for advertising purposes the same name is used for racing cars and road vehicle.
Table of contents
history that sports car running is closely with the 24-Stunden-Rennen von Le Mans connected, one of the oldest today still delivered engine haven meetings. Into the 1920er-Jahren began the technical separation between formula sport and sports car haven, which gave consideration to the different requirements. Apart from running on fixed racing courses sports car running also on locked highways were delivered. 1953 brought the FIA the sports car world championship into being, which several meetings with formula a 1 - similar point system summarized. This world championship was for the last time delivered 1992. If it gave in former times driver, who drove through in Hussar rides up to 24 hours alone, then today teams from two or three drivers are mandatory.
sports car classes
sports car running are delivered simplified expressed in two Fahrzeugklassen, the prototypes and the Gran Turismo - vehicles, whereby both types are differently rated to drive usually at the same time and.
- Prototypes are considered as the highest class of the sports car haven. There is pure running vehicles with few restrictions concerning chassis, engine and wheels. There are open sports cars and which with been closing cockpits
- Gran Turismo (GT) - vehicles are the more frequent form, which world-wide are with national and international running series. These vehicles must possess a certain similarity with seriesnear vehicles.
- current series:
- The American Le Mans Series (ALMS) is a championship delivered in North America.
- 2004 were brought the Le Mans Endurance Series (LMES) as European counterpart to the ALMS into being.
- The FIA GT world championship is written out since 1997 for Gran of Turismo vehicles.
- Grand to - series is delivered in North America, most important running is likewise the 24-Stunden-Rennen von Daytona.
- Earlier series (in selection):
- The sports car world championship was sanctioned of the FIA and existed from 1953 to 1992.
- The CanAm (Canadian American Challenge Cup) existed into the late 1960ern and early 1970ern and tightened also many formula 1-Piloten, their German counterpart called itself interseries. The chassis were partially daring constructions, often however derivatives from the sports cars of the time at that time.
- However also well-known running stables took part such as McLaren or BRM to running.
famous single running
differently as with the formula 1 enjoy some single running higher prestige than the profit of the championship. Some running, for example Le Mans, are today no more part of a championship.
- Today still delivered running:
- earlier one famous running (in selection):
famous sports cars
- AUDI R8
- Ferrari 512
- McLaren F1
- Mercedes Benz 300 SLR
- Mercedes Benz CLK GTR
- Porsche 911 GT1
- Porsche 917
- Porsche of 956
chessboard samples: Running conclusion
red-yellow strip: Oil on the roadway
red: All cars must stop
black: Car must stop white at
the box: Service car on the distance