|of the titles of this article is ambiguous. For further meanings see Steiermark (term clarifying).|
|map: Steiermark in Austria|
|national captain:||Franz Voves (SPÖ)|
|Governing parties:||SPÖ, ÖVP|
| allocation of seats in|
the federal state parliament
| SPÖ 25|
KPÖ the 4
|last choice:||2. October 2005|
|inhabitant:||1.183.303 (15. May 2001)|
|- rank:||4. of 9|
|Population density:||72 Einwohner/km ²|
|surface:||16.391, 93 km ²|
|- of it country:||16.244, 4 km ² (99.1%)|
|- of it water:||147.53 km ² (0.9%)|
|- rank:||2. of 9|
|highest point:||2,995 m (high roof stone)|
|of districts:|| 1 Statutarstadt|
of 16 districts
|- of it cities:||34|
| - of it|
the Austrian part of the Steiermark (Slovenian: Štajerska) is surface-moderately the second largest of the nine Austrian countries. It borders on Slovenia as well asto the Lands of the Federal Republic upper Austria, Lower Austria, Salzburg, castle country and Kärnten. The state capital of the Steiermark is Graz - with 240.278 inhabitants (2005) the second largest Austrian city.
The Steiermark is called also „the Green Mark “, approximately 61% of their floor space, a further quarter is wooded by meadows, pastures as well as fruit and wine gardens is taken. As main river the Mur is to be called.
Does not only admit is the Steiermark for its wine, like z. B. the Schilcher, outthe Wildbacher grape/cluster GEC ELT ore becomes, and for the steirische „core oil “, which is made of cure until cores and due to its insatiated fatty acids as the healthiest food oil applies. An experience is also the attendance of a Steiri Buschenschänke with Jause and Most. , The Green Mark announces the Ennstal with its schroffen rock , from the roof stone to the national park Gesäuse also as alpine Land of the Federal Republic.
The Steiermark is arranged into several regions. Surface-moderatelythe Colonel egg Mark, which reaches to the Mur Mürz furrow south from the northern national borders to the Steiri border mountains, is largest. The Weststeiermark lies south of it, west the Mur. The Oststeiermark is east the Mur and southern of the change andthe Fischbacher alps situiert. Between east and Weststeiermark the state capital Graz lies. By this organization of the Steiermark it is added that large parts of the Colonel egg Marks lie more west than the Weststeiermark, which sometimes donates confusion with Nichtkundigen. The southern regionover Leibnitz, Radkersburg and Germany mountain are called Südsteiermark and should not be confounded not with the lowest egg Mark. The former lowest egg Mark came to the end of the 1. World war to the SHS state and belongs today to Slovenia.
Table of contents
major items: History of the Steiermark
- 1180 was raised the Steiermark to the duchy(at the same time the lean-legal connections to the duchy Bavaria and the duchy Kärnten were solved).
- With the Georgenberger strong ones 1186, which 1192 stepped into force, became the dukes of Austria, first the Babenberger and starting from 1282 the having citizens, alsoDukes of the Steiermark.
- In the course of the Habsburgi Erbteilungen it became the central part of inside Austria (with the residence Graz).
- After the First World War the southern part of the Steiermark, which was called lowest egg Marks , fell at Yugoslavia and is today more importantPart of Slovenia.
- 1938 after the connection of Austria were separated the Ausseerland to upper Austria („upper Danube “). After the end of the Second World War this region was attached again the Steiermark.
the Land of the Federal Republic Steiermark has a surfacefrom 16.391, 93 km ² and is thus the second largest Land of the Federal Republic of Austria. It had 145 km a long border with Slovenia, with which it is the Land of the Federal Republic with the smallest border length, apart from the exceptional case Vienna.
the Steiermarkis arranged in 16 political districts and a Statutarstadt (Graz).
- bridge at the Mur
- Germany mountain
- field brook
- prince field
- Graz environment
- hard mountain
- Jew castle
- Liezen with the political Exposituren Gröbming and Bath Aussee
see also: Municipalities in the Steiermark
federal state government
the 9 seats in the federal state government are occupied after Proporz.
- Allocation of seats: 5 SPÖ, 4 ÖVP.
- National captain Franz Voves (SPÖ)
- First national captain deputy Hermann Schützenhöfer (ÖVP)
- second national captain deputy briefly Flecker (SPÖ)
- Landesrätin Kristina Edlinger Ploder (ÖVP)
- national advice Johann Seitinger (ÖVP)
- Landesrätin Bettina Vollath (SPÖ)
- national advice Manfred Wegscheider (SPÖ)
- national advice Helmut Hirt (SPÖ)
federal state parliament
the steirische federal state parliament consists of 56Members. Beside the two government parties 2 is since the election of the federal parliament to. October 2005 also the communist party of Austria with 4 mandates and the Greens with 3 mandates represented. The KPÖ, since 1970 the no more in the federal state parliament was represented andalso otherwise neither in another Austrian federal state parliament nor in the parliament mandates had, probably above all Ernest Kaltenegger, which made itself in Graz as a housing town councillor a name, owes the largest steirischen success of party history to its leading candidate.
with an economic growth of 3,8% reached the Steiermark 2004 the highest growth of all Austrian Lands of the Federal Republic, particularly the fast growing population centre Graz is for this responsible.
|31. December 1900||1.356.494|
|17. May 1939||1.119.374|
|1. June 1951||1.109.335|
|21. March 1961||1.137.865|
|12. May 1971||1.192.100|
|12. May 1981||1.186.525|
|15. May 1991||1.184.593|
|15. May 2001||1.183.303|
the census of 2001 resulted in4.250 Slovenian Steirer. They are only recognized since 2004 as autochthone minority according to convention (considerably the minority rights of the Slovenes and Croats in Austria regulate) and have therefore in the adviser of group of peoples seat and right to vote.
- Steiri Landeshymne: Highlyfrom the roof stone to
Web on the left of
|Commons: Steiermark - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
|Wikinews: Steiermark - current message|
- box - südsteiermark the magazine
- administration of the country Steiermark
- municipalities inthe Steiermark detailed information to all municipalities
- European region Steiermark - Slovenia