Steinau at the road
|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Hessen|
|district:||Main Kinzig circle|
|surface:||104.88 km ²|
|inhabitants:||11.203 (31. December 2004)|
|Population density:||107 Einwohner/km ²|
|height:||174-490 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||36396|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 50° 19 ' N, 09° 28 ' O 50° 19 ' N, 09° 28 ' O
|Kfz characteristics:||MKK, old: HU, very old: SLÜ|
|municipality key:||06 4 35 028|
|city arrangement:||12 quarters|
| address |
of the city administration:
| Brother Grimm road 47|
36396 Steinau at the road
|Mayor:||Walter bush (SPD)|
the city Steinau at the road lies in the Main Kinzig circle in the Land of the Federal Republic Hessen. The additive „at the road “in the place name decreases/goes back to the via Regia, the old trade route from Frankfurt to Leipzig, and serves the distinctionof other places of the same name (see Steinau).
Table of contents
Web on the left of
work on] embedded in the Kinzigtal between Spessart in the south and the bird mountain in the north; the surrounding countryside is corresponding in the south of forests and in the north stone fromcoined/shaped by agriculture.
northern of the Steinauer city center is the only Tropfsteinhöhle of Hessen, the devil cave. Those approx. 2,5 millions Years old cave one opened for 1905. By its large Karsthohlraum in the lower shelly limestone it represents an important geological Naturdenkmal.
Neighbour municipalities and - circles
Steinau borders in the north to the municipality Freiensteinau (bird mountain circle), the municipalities new yard and Flieden (both district Fulda), in the east to the city Schlüchtern, in the south to the municipality-free area property district Spessart, which encloses the quarter Marjoss,as well as in the west to the city bath Soden Salmünster and the municipality Birstein.
Steinau consists of the quarters Bellings, Hintersteinau, Marborn, Marjoss, new stable, Sarrod, Rabenstein, Rebsdorf, Seidenroth, Steinau, Uerzell and Ulmbach.
coat of arms
the coat of arms shows the Schutzpatronin thatCity, the holy Katharina. It is considered as Patronin of the Wagner, Mueller, Jungfrauen, Mädchen, Studenten, Schüler, librarians and the scholars, in addition, the Töpfer (Steinau was since the Middle Ages an important Töpferort). In the hands it holds a wheel and a sword, the means of theirMartyriums. In most representations of the holy Katharina the wheel broke, not however in the Steinauer coat of arms. The small, yellow-red touched coat of arms is that of the counts von Hanau, to whose Ländereien Steinau long time belonged, even seat of the upper county and at short notice Hanaui residence was temporary.The meaning of the five stars is unknown.
stone from economics is determined by enterprises from the ranges rubber and plastics , chemistry , electro-technology and wood working as well as mechanics. Also the tourism is not without economic meaning; about 10,000 overnight accomodation is registered annually.The quarters Ulmbach is a nationally recognized Erholungsort.
by the direct binding to the BAB 66 and the railroad line Frankfurt Fulda is Steinau both by Kfz and railway well attainable and offers thus not only the tourists, but also the companiesideal entrance of and to the economic centers Rhine Main and Fulda.
brother Grimm school
leisure and sports sites
- open-rir swimming pool, with Planschbecken for small and jump tower for large children
- tennis court
- of two football fields
- three riding sites
- fishing rod possibilities
- artificial lake alsoTretbootverleih
partnerships between cities
partnerships between cities exist with the following cities:
- Welsberg (Italy), with Steinau at the road, since that 26. November 1988
- Szederkény (Hungary), with the local part Ulmbach, since that 3. October 1988
- Sarród (Hungary), with the local part Sarrod, since that 24. June 2000
- Naszály(Hungary), with the local part Hintersteinau, since that 1. June 2002
culture and objects of interest
- the puppet theatre „the Holzköppe “
- brothers the Grimm house Steinau informer authority building, in the appropriate office yard barn the “museum Steinau becomes in the summer 2006… the museum at the road " opens
- the lock museum
- private museum for historical consumer durables
- Renaissance lock (16. Century)
- authority building (1562 build), the brothers Grimm lived here on 1791-1796
- Katharinenkirche - supposedthe oldest building in Steinau, builds in 13. Century. With renovation work foundation walls of older buildings were found, which continue to go back still.
- Pure hard church, Evangelist building of baroque from that 17. Century
- of Welsberg chapel (on the cemetery, 1616 build)
- historical town centre with numerous Gäs and many well received framework constructions
- Stadtmauer alsothe military towers as well as the Marborner and the Bellinger control room
- May market
- Jockes market
- Katharinenmarkt (“Kathreimoat”)
Web on the left of
|Commons: Steinau at the road - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
- official homepage von Steinau
- www.die-holzkoeppe.de - the world-well-known Steinauer puppet theatre
- further one left to the topic „Steinau at the road “ in the open directory Project
bath Orb | Bath Soden Salmünster | Biebergemünd | Birstein | Breaking valley | Bruchköbel | Erlensee | Flörsbachtal | Free court | Gel-live | Grosskrotzenburg | Gründau | Hammer brook | Hanau | Hasselroth | Jossgrund | Long same old | Lens court | Main valley | New mountain | Niederdorfelden | Nidderau | Rodenbach | Ronneburg | Schlüchtern | Beautiful-hit a corner | Sense valley | Steinau at the road | Guard brook