|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||North Rhine-Westphalia|
|governmental district:||Governmental district Detmold|
|circle:||Circle Minden Lübbecke|
|surface:||165.29 km ²|
|inhabitants:||14.494 (31. December 2002)|
|Population density:||88 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||41 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||32351|
|preselection:||0 54 74& 0 57 73 & 05745|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 52° 25 ' n. Break.
8° 26 ' o. L.52° 25 ' n. Break.
8° 26 ' o. L.
|municipality keys:||05 7 70 044|
|municipality arrangement:|| 3 municipality districts |
and 13 local parts
| address |
of the local administration:
32351 Stemwede Dielingen
|mayor:||Ekkehardt Stauss (CDU)|
Table of contents
in a document it is reported to 969 that knight Worad gave different yards, body-own and further to the Mindener cathedral. Bishop von Minden was at this time Milo. In this documentthe villages Levern, Destel and Wehdem are mentioned for the first time.1198 are mentioned for the first time in the Osnabrücker document book the designation Stemwede. 1227 were created a Cistercian interior monastery in Levern. Stemwede belongs to the dünnbesiedelsten municipalities of the country North-Rhine/Westphalia.
With Oppendorf an aircraft crash took place to 16. December 1943,that 8 humans died and 19 Gehöfe were destroyed.
1973 were united the earlier offices Dielingen Wehdem and Levern to the municipality Stemwede. These offices consisted of the following localities:
culture and objects of interest
3 mills gives it in Stemwede.
- Mill in Destel
- Support windmill Oppenwehe
- Kolthoff yard meal mill in Levern
- in the local centre from Levern are the historical buildings worth seeing of the lady pin.
- Formerly largest wind power station of the world in Stemwede drone.
- of the Stemweder mountain is of layers of the highest chalk composed. Its highest collection is 181 M.It is 7 km long and 3 km broad. Because of the white way the hill grave is from the early Bronzezeit with 17 m diameters.
- The large protected area Oppenweher moorland is appropriate for 952 hectars northeast the Stemweder of mountain. Since the moorland plants react extremely sensitively to footstep load, that may Visitors only the ways marked on moving boards and folding sheets use
- Oppenwehe - anniversary publication to the 775-Jahrfeier 1227-2002, ISBN 3833402563
- the village Dielingen in the change of the times: 350 years brother shank pc. Matthias in Dielingen 1654-2004, ISBN 3896469053
- Alfreds Pohlmann: Church and pin Levern (Westfäli art places 54). Münster 1989
- Heinz Redeker: Stemwede - boy municipality - oldVillages, ISBN 3-922657-79-6
Web on the left of
- Website of the municipality Stemwede
- child and Jugendbistro House information
- about the local part Sundern information
- about the local part Niedermehnen information
- about the local part Oppendorf information
- about the local part Oppenwehe association
- for youth, spare time and culture would run in Stemwede